UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it really unusual that he only owned ONE pair of shoes. After working in his boots all day, in the fields, in the heat, wouldn't he need to air them out at the end of the day? Is he going to take a shower after work and then go to town for dinner, and just put his stinky boots back on every night? He didn't have a 2nd pair of shoes to alternate with?
I agree! What if he got them soaked somehow? There has to be some other footwear. These may be his favorite boots that he wears most of the time, but he has to have some backup shoes or boots.

So both the grain and the pile of dirt were searched. I presume that the ground under the dirt was also dug up and/or searched by ground penetrating radar? And that any recent disturbed earth, such as shallow or not so shallow graves would have been visible by air searches?

Count me in the foul play camp.
Where is your source for the grain being searched please?

It's the question most frequently asked and answered by group admins on the official Facebook page.
This link contains some details of the terminated original search. They just did the 3 to 5 mile radius though missing people have been located beyond this radius in the past.

The truck was in the shed. According to CC, LE pulled it out to search it-
ensuring Dylan wasn't inside the seed trailer (accident).

Assuming OP is referring to DR's grain truck, the source is DR's mother, CC.

At least 2 WS approved youtube videos (posted up-thread) and also IdahoEast News interview with DR's mom (CC) include comments directly from the mother where she's provided what they found when the parents arrived at the Lucin property on Monday, 5/30 including that the seed truck currently being seen in video uncovered or outside the shed was moved to allow the truck searched.

I highly recommend the videos referenced for all just joining the case.

A few hours ago, DR's mom answered many questions on a crime youtube; don't know if I can name. There is a link to it on the official FB page.

Mom said a sighting of DR I think on the 27th is now being backtracked by the person.

Sounds like some attention seeking by some people related to this situation, IMO

Mom filling out paperwork re: Equasearch (midwest.)

Nancy Grace covering tonight.

A few hours ago, DR's mom answered many questions on a crime youtube; don't know if I can name. There is a link to it on the official FB page.

Mom said a sighting of DR I think on the 27th is now being backtracked by the person.

Sounds like some attention seeking by some people related to this situation, IMO

Do you know which sighting is being backtracked?

Texas Equusearch now has Dylan’s case featured on their website:

If anyone can find him, Texas Equasearch can.

I am kind of hoping he is voluntarily missing because he is such a good, kind, hardworking young man, I hate to think he is gone forever. I really feel for his parents and family.

Hi everyone. I was a member years ago, but had to rejoin because I couldn't remember my username.
I have been reading along for a while. The boots really have me stumped. I was thinking today that it is probably easier to run in socks instead of boots. What if he was running from someone and ran behind the dirt pile to remove his boots so he could run faster/easier?

^^bbm

Evidence matters. There was never any independent evidence that DR was in Montello on Friday, 5/27 whereas LE had credit card evidence as well as his phone records placing him in Montello only on Thursday, 5/26, and not on Friday, 5/27 -- unless he left his phone at home (not likely).

Perhaps the friend learned about a witness in Wyoming that was recently fined more than $17,000 for fabricating a story about spending time with a missing person that never happened.

Somebody asked earlier about the reported hoax in Montello and why false leads, and reminded me about another missing person case I've been following since June 2021 of a missing snowboard instructor missing in Wyoming (Dubliner Cian McLaughlin). McLaughlin was last known to be hiking in Gran Teton Nat'l Park.

It's just been reported that an alleged eyewitness for this case was banned from the park for five years and ordered to pay a fine of $17,600 (€16,603) to the Department of Treasury for providing a false account of meeting Cian McLaughlin on the day of his disappearance and fabricated a conversation with him in which he said he was traveling to a specific part of Grand Teton National Park.

Witnesses told the parks service that Mycoskie apparently fabricated the sighting to ensure search efforts continued after park rangers announced they would scale back the search.

It happens!

Do you know which sighting is being backtracked?
If it’s the one on the 27th, that was a witness who claimed Dylan was in the Saddle Sore in Montello on the 27th. This sighting was not confirmed by ECSO who indicated that the last confirmation of Dylan being in Montello was on the 26th. This came as the result of a bank transaction by him at the Saddle Sore on that date. Presumably he paid for his dinner with a credit card.

a theory.....clutching at straws....but....barefoot man asked for cash/help and Dylan refused. Barefoot man is now the perp here and came back to get Dylan and made him walk barefoot as revenge "you left me walking barefoot, now you have to do the same' logic

Or perhaps the kidnapper (if he was kidnapped) made him take off his boot because he'd be less able to run across rough terrain to get away from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz