UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I was a member years ago, but had to rejoin because I couldn't remember my username.
I have been reading along for a while. The boots really have me stumped. I was thinking today that it is probably easier to run in socks instead of boots. What if he was running from someone and ran behind the dirt pile to remove his boots so he could run faster/easier?
Welcome back! I think the boots have us all stumped. One big thing to remember is that this is the desert. There are cactus and lots of sharp/pointy things in the desert. It’s not a place one would run around in socks or barefoot. Even to just walk a short distance, like from the shed to the dirt pile.

It seems to me that there might be a few "locals" who are playing a bit of a game. By this I mean a "don't look over there, look here'' , I saw him here , someone else saw him there, the kidnapping hoax, the recent backtrack. What the heck are these people playing at? His mother and other family members should definitely take everything with a grain of salt. I so want him to be found safe!! He is absolutely remarkable in my book! Texas Equasearch hopefully will help by covering more ground with the horses. JMO MOO

I'm a fellow that wears the same boots almost everyday. I use my Peet boot dryer when my boots need it. The Peet can dry sopping wet leather boots overnight. Every self respecting boot wearer should have one. In the winter it is nice to slip your foot into a warm, dry boot. Of course I do have other shoes like tennis shoes and crocs but I put my Herman Survivor high top boots on every morning (Walmart $59.00). I live in fire ant territory.

I do not find it odd that Dylan would wear the same boots everyday.

I don't believe that Dylan would remove his boots to run faster. Like me, he probably has tender feet because we always wear our boots.

peet boot dryer - Google Search

I'm a fellow that wears the same boots almost everyday. I use my Peet boot dryer when my boots need it. The Peet can dry sopping wet leather boots overnight. Every self respecting boot wearer should have one. In the winter it is nice to slip your foot into a warm, dry boot. Of course I do have other shoes like tennis shoes and crocs but I put my Herman Survivor high top boots on every morning (Walmart $59.00). I live in fire ant territory.

I do not find it odd that Dylan would wear the same boots everyday.

I don't believe that Dylan would remove his boots to run faster. Like me, he probably has tender feet because we always wear our boots.

peet boot dryer - Google Search
I checked in with some of my boot wearing buddies and they support your position. The one point made consistently was that it takes a while to "break in" boots, and after they are broken in you just wouldn't want to wear anything else. I can relate from the perspective of ballet slippers. Same kinda thing.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just a thought maybe whomever gained access to the truck( hence the seat moved forward) possibly ran/chased D across the property eventually hitting him and knocking him out of his boots(not sure how loose fitting they were or how they were found like side by side or randomly found in the vicinity) I read about people coming out of their shoes when being hit by a vehicle. Moo

Just a thought maybe whomever gained access to the truck( hence the seat moved forward) possibly ran/chased D across the property eventually hitting him and knocking him out of his boots(not sure how loose fitting they were or how they were found like side by side or randomly found in the vicinity) I read about people coming out of their shoes when being hit by a vehicle. Moo
I've thought the same. An accident followed by a cover-up. I hope I'm wrong and he's safe elsewhere.

Very happy to see TES being brought in. Nothing but absolute admiration and respect for Tim Miller and his organization. I support the widely held view (IMO) that they are among the best of the best.

Sometimes I am so enthralled and stunned by their amazing work/results that I have to take a few minutes, step back, slow down and pay homage to both Laura’s tragedy and his own personal struggles that led him down this path.

I'm really fired up about this line that's being put on all the posters: "Rounds of Idaho Falls, Idaho was last seen in Montello, Nevada the evening of May 27, 2022."

This is incredibly misleading, as it implies that the last proof of life is in Nevada on the 27th. It draws people's attention to what we know is an incorrect time and location.

He spoke to his grandmother on the phone on the morning of the 28th, and his phone location data puts him in the vicinity of his farm, which is in Utah. That means he made it home, which makes that location ground zero.

I'm really fired up about this line that's being put on all the posters: "Rounds of Idaho Falls, Idaho was last seen in Montello, Nevada the evening of May 27, 2022."

This is incredibly misleading, as it implies that the last proof of life is in Nevada on the 27th. It draws people's attention to what we know is an incorrect time and location.

He spoke to his grandmother on the phone on the morning of the 28th, and his phone location data puts him in the vicinity of his farm, which is in Utah.

That location is ground zero.
There is a narrative at play here, and I do not understand why. All I can figure is that the family has info we do not.

There is a narrative at play here, and I do not understand why. All I can figure is that the family has info we do not.
I'm not sure if that is in fact the case, or if they don't understand how cell phone location data works.

I'm leaning towards the latter, and someone needs to clean this up. That press release laid it out, yet this narrative continues.

I'm not sure if that is in fact the case, or if they don't understand how cell phone location data works.

I'm leaning towards the latter, and someone needs to clean this up. That press release laid it out, yet this narrative continues.
I don't know that it's a lack of understanding. In most cases, the family says, please reach out to LE with any information you have. In this case, the family is saying, we have all of the information and LE isn't listening. It's odd. Remaining victim friendly, I'll assume that they have info that hasn't been released.

I don't know that it's a lack of understanding. In most cases, the family says, please reach out to LE with any information you have. In this case, the family is saying, we have all of the information and LE isn't listening. It's odd. Remaining victim friendly, I'll assume that they have info that hasn't been released.
This is the press release from Elko Nevada. They made it really clear that this isn't their case, and they explain why.

The family simply cannot be right, and even if he traveled back to Nevada on the 28th, which there is no evidence of, the timeline is off.

Attachments

• AFEA1FE4-D8D4-48C1-9A16-9EFDDB88C251.jpeg
    AFEA1FE4-D8D4-48C1-9A16-9EFDDB88C251.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 36
This is the press release from Elko Nevada. They made it really clear that this isn't their case, and they explain why.

I've seen it and I fully appreciate where LE is coming from. The family has full focus on Montello, though. Perhaps they think he went or was brought back there after the last phone call. I can only speculate, I have no idea.

A few hours ago, DR's mom answered many questions on a crime youtube; don't know if I can name. There is a link to it on the official FB page.

Mom said a sighting of DR I think on the 27th is now being backtracked by the person.

Sounds like some attention seeking by some people related to this situation, IMO

Mom filling out paperwork re: Equasearch (midwest.)

Nancy Grace covering tonight.
If the family suspected suicide, it's in their best interests to promote the possibility of foul play. That keeps the search parties looking to recover remains with evidence. Suicide victims sometimes make it harder to find the bodies, or to rule out foul play.

He was 19 years old.

Do we know what he discussed with his grandmother before 7 AM that morning?

If the family suspected suicide, it's in their best interests to promote the possibility of foul play. That keeps the search parties looking to recover remains with evidence. Suicide victims sometimes make it harder to find the bodies, or to rule out foul play.

He was 19 years old.

Do we know what he discussed with his grandmother before 7 AM that morning?

Yes, it's been at the center of the investigation that serves to prove Dylan was where he was expected on Saturday 5/28.

Both the phone evidence and his grandmother support they talked by phone at 6:51 AM MT where the conversation was cut short by DR when he told her rain was on its way and he needed to go move the grain truck under shelter. Dylan's concern at the time was keeping the seeds in his grain truck dry. Wet seeds are ruined for planting.

According to LE, Dylan's last phone ping was later the same day at 3:41 pm near his property.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member