UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, the AP reported Thursday Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, wrote in divorce papers he believed Stephanie to be unstable and claimed she had abandoned their son.

He also said he feared she would take their child to Utah and never return him.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10759929:furious::furious::furious:

The problem is, that's typical of nearly every divorce when children are involved. The wife wants the kids (and the child support), and the father just wants to kids -- so accusations fly both ways. I'd hate to be this judge.

One of the worst cases I remember, was a co-workers divorce from the father of her children (she'd left him to shack up with some older guy). When her own history didn't look good, she filed sex abuse charges against her husband...saying "children don't lie".

This was at the time of the McMartin hoax, and the country was in an uproar because of false memories and implanted testimony.

The co-worker won, got the kids, then dropped the charges. The husband died a year later, probably suicide.

The problem is, that's typical of nearly every divorce when children are involved. The wife wants the kids (and the child support), and the father just wants to kids -- so accusations fly both ways. I'd hate to be this judge.

One of the worst cases I remember, was a co-workers divorce from the father of her children (she'd left him to shack up with some older guy). When her own history didn't look good, she filed sex abuse charges against her husband...saying "children don't lie".

This was at the time of the McMartin hoax, and the country was in an uproar because of false memories and implanted testimony.

The co-worker won, got the kids, then dropped the charges. The husband died a year later, probably suicide.
it sure is way too common. in this case it killed a child. so sad.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-mother-stepfather-ethan-stacy-interrogated-jail,0,5239912.story

they were interrogated again today. Bail was set at 100k cash only for Mrs. Sloop. Mr. Sloop has no bond.

I am still seriously curious as to why they are buying what Stephanie is selling... and why she is not on the same hook as Mr. Son of a b!tch sloop.

In court documents (link upstream) from the divorce she was described by her husband to be unbalanced and a pathalogical liar.

Can someone please bump up that prosecutor's email addy again! Thanks... (((eta: can you tell I am livid???)))

My guess is that there was a plea bargain with Steph. Someone told LE how to find the body, and I think it was her. Bet the plea was for them to drop the murder charge? Not saying it's right cause that little child died right before her eyes, however, they would never have found that child's body without help. MOO MHO and all that stuff.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-mother-stepfather-ethan-stacy-interrogated-jail,0,5239912.story

they were interrogated again today. Bail was set at 100k cash only for Mrs. Sloop. Mr. Sloop has no bond.

I am still seriously curious as to why they are buying what Stephanie is selling... and why she is not on the same hook as Mr. Son of a b!tch sloop.

In court documents (link upstream) from the divorce she was described by her husband to be unbalanced and a pathalogical liar.

Can someone please bump up that prosecutor's email addy again! Thanks... (((eta: can you tell I am livid???)))

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UT - 4 yr. old Ethan Stacy missing from Layton since 5/10/10 - #2

As a nurse too, you may also want to mention that there is NO way he was alive at 0300 and "cold and stiff" by 0530. No way in hell. (I posted those links above too)

There is no way to make sense out of something so senseless. I can't even call them animals because animals protect their babies. I am truly horrified at all I have read on this crime. Just when I think it I have read a crime and it can't get worse it does.

My guess is that there was a plea bargain with Steph. Someone told LE how to find the body, and I think it was her. Bet the plea was for them to drop the murder charge? Not saying it's right cause that little child died right before her eyes, however, they would never have found that child's body without help. MOO MHO and all that stuff.

Nathan Sloop led police to Ethan's makeshift grave, where they recovered his body at 5 p.m. Tuesday.

http://www.sltrib.com/justice/ci_15074629

I don't know if this has been posted - it's from Patty G's youtube channel. Thanks Patty!!:angel:

Suicide watch?

Screw that. Give them each some rope and a razor and turn your back.

Ruby, the quote about Ethan smearing feces on the bathroom wall was intentionally left out because I don't believe he ever did that. That little guy was suffering from a cerebral hemorrage MOO and was in so much pain that smearing feces would be the last think he would think of - she and/or Nate played with his feces - MOO I just can't add that. There are several things she lied about - what was he doing in a bathtub - my guess is that he was intentionally burned. moo Thanks again Ruby.

Is it possible Ethan unintentionally soiled himself while SS was gone, then NS ran a bath of scalding water to clean him up? Subsequently burned him, and later told SS Ethan was "smearing"?

Either way, intentional or unintentional, I could see the bath arising on account of defecation. NS was furious, so he ran it scalding. And it just breaks my heart, because if this poor baby's wastes were not where they should've been, it wasn't his fault. Grown men soil themselves if severely injured and/ or psychologically broken. How much more understandable for a four-year-old?

Slain boy's dad: 'I just wanted him to grow up ... where it was safe'
<snipped>
Parting ways » Stacy said he wanted to keep Ethan away from his mother, whom he called a "pathological liar," but while the court made the oil-rig worker the custodial parent, it also granted summer visitation to Stephanie Sloop.

As part of their divorce, Stacy retained custody as long as he paid her half of a settlement from a pending injury lawsuit he had filed about 18 months ago.

"I would have given her all of it if it meant I was able to keep my son with me," he said.

In the months since their separation, Stacy said Nathan Sloop would send him text messages, some violent.

"I had been threatened over the past six months by him," Stacy said.

Freida Stacy, Ethan's grandmother, said Stephanie Sloop tried to "stir up trouble" several times for her stepson.

"The only reason she wanted [Ethan] was she thought, 'This is how I'm going to get back at Joe,'" Freida Stacy said. "It was like Ethan was just a pawn."

Much more at link-
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15074193?source=most_viewed

t6a2hl.jpg

The police can't give a plea bargain; they can, however, tell someone that "you tell us what happened, and we'll do everything we can to make sure you don't face the DP".

Correction:
Since this isn't FRIDAY (duh), the press conference announcing what charges will be filed, won't happen today. It's 11am (MST) Friday. This is Thursday.

My apologies.

In the affidavit it says he led them to the grave site. It also says on Saturday May 8, 2010 that Ethan was lethargic and had non-responsive behavior. You are right eyes4crime, I do not think he did the smearing of the feces.

http://www.standard.net/site-includes/pdf/051210ProbableCauseStephanieSloop.pdf

http://www.standard.net/site-includes/pdf/051210ProbableCauseNathanSloop.pdf

I've been through the facebooks of numerous people who were friends with Nathan Sloop, and the general consensus is that he had anger problems and drug problems. Someone said that "he changed" after the death of his father. There is no sympathy for him, and several of the guys who've posted about it have said that they'd like to spend some time alone with him right now. Funny thing is, no one said, "I can't believe that Nate did this."

darlin gal...this is a STUNNING photo of Ethan. Is that his father? This is how I'd wish to remember the little boy. On top of the world with so many amazing things to experience in life. This photo is the greatest. Thanks for posting.

Awww, that photo above is precious. I say we let Mr. Stacy have 5 minutes of alone time with Mr. Sloop. FWIW, let ME have 5 minutes of alone time with him. I'm 5'2 and don't weigh much but as mad as I am I could take him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery