UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to eyes4crime and laytonian for the timelines here at websleuths.

you guys go above and beyond. thank you.

I'm not picking at you a bit; I thought we were exchanging ideas. If it's wrong to propose a different view, I guess I'm wrong a lot around here when I comment on a statement.

yes its okay to have different view. I am not sure ours are that different although I didn't see your view in that post, or an exchange of ideas, only your dissecting mine. I have read a lot of your posts on a lot of forums and threads and always found you to be intelligent and thoughtful. I also don't think you were wrong to comment on my statement only that you seemed to be pointing out something about ti which I have tried to clarify. Please share your ideas and thoughts.....

Okay sorry I wasn't more specific. Midnight 10/11 reported missing, a couple of days before = Saturday at midnight he is gone, which is over the weekend by one day. I should have said I think he was gone by Saturday night because of the state of rigor. Of course Stephanie could have been lying about the state of his body when she tried to give him cpr too.

The only issue I have with May 4th is PS says she saw him on the 5th. I want to believe she is not lying.

But really, as far as I know they killed him the first night and buried him before PS left town and she helped. I feel like you are picking at me. Is it because I think the date my 4th date might be a mistake by whoever typed up the charging documents?

I only have a theory and an opinion and a time line to go by. I really have no facts as LE has said the statements are not thorough or necessarily correct.

I am very new to posting and am already nervous about doing it. Probably time to go back to lurking.

NO don't I enjoy your posts! and I don't think anyone was picking on you... but I will agree it's hard to tell just from reading words and not hearing how they meant to say it.
I'm new and I have decided to take every post as kind unles someone out right says something nasty. I have been reading here for years and believe me if someone singles you out it does NOT go over well with the mods!

oooooooooooo saaaaaaaaa!:crazy: it'll be ok!

thanks to eyes4crime and laytonian for the timelines here at websleuths.

you guys go above and beyond. thank you.

I wasn't cruising for a compliment when I mentioned that I'd just updated the Koecher timeline; it's just that the meaningful little details keep streaming in, and when one comes in, it often changes something else.

eyes4crime - I know how hard it is, and how much everyone will depend on you. It's going to get harder and harder to repost the timeline..and then try to go back and edit previous editions. They grow and they grow.
I can walk you through putting it on a free google website, if that will help. You don't have to do the html like I've done on the Koecher timeline; you can just paste in the text, and it will format itself.
Just a suggestion, from someone who's been there...and is still there ;)

I hadn't even thought of that mama but you are right. I really think it all starts with her.

pg 4 of SS prob cuse stmt:
paragraph one SS told us that she did not get medical attn for Ethan because Nate would harm her if she tried to do so.

Not that I believe her...:snooty: but it is stated in the docs.:angel:

ETA and monkeymama

Okay sorry I wasn't more specific. Midnight 10/11 reported missing, a couple of days before = Saturday at midnight he is gone, which is over the weekend by one day. I should have said I think he was gone by Saturday night because of the state of rigor. Of course Stephanie could have been lying about the state of his body when she tried to give him cpr too.

The only issue I have with May 4th is PS says she saw him on the 5th. I want to believe she is not lying.

But really, as far as I know they killed him the first night and buried him before PS left town and she helped. I feel like you are picking at me. Is it because I think the date my 4th date might be a mistake by whoever typed up the charging documents?

I only have a theory and an opinion and a time line to go by. I really have no facts as LE has said the statements are not thorough or necessarily correct.

I am very new to posting and am already nervous about doing it. Probably time to go back to lurking.

Jaxson, there have been times when I've felt picked on, too, but I couldn't tell you whether I really was being picked on or if I was misinterpreting disagreeing viewpoints. I've never been able to tell.

But I do know this -- sometimes, when emotions are running high (like in Ethan's case here), it's easy for a lot of us to get away from ourselves. And it might be recognizable, because normally, we are slow-tempered, respectful posters. Sometimes, the stress and pressure is too much.

No matter what exchanges we have here, though, I do want to encourage you to please continue to contribute your thoughts and opinions. If a thread gets to be too much, step away from it a while and try again later. I have to do that quite often myself, and it always helps.

Something I'm wondering about now and not sure who might know, since N's mother was local to them I'm thinking she might have heard something.
I think it would be very telling if we could find out just what kind of plans S may have had for her son during the summer.
If a parent is going to have their child for the summer, doesn't it make sense that you would be coming up with all kinds of ideas and plans as far as what you would be doing with them?
Did either of these 's have a job? Then they would be needing some kind of daycare.
I want to know if there was any thought whatsoever made for a child who would be needing things. What had they done to fix up a bedroom for him?
Utah has many areas for spring/summer recreation. Several beautiful parks such as Arches would be a great place to take a child, also Goblin Valley comes to mind, there are mountains, hiking, fishing etc, you're also not terribly far away from places such as Hoover Dam, did this *&&%$ give any thought whatsoever into actually taking care of her son?

VB

paragraph one SS told us that she did not get medical attn for Ethan because Nate would harm her if she tried to do so.

ETA and monkeymama

Thanks gngr i totally missed that. I don't believe her either. I really think what she saw in Nathan was someone who would help her accomplish her goal. I lay more blame on her than him simply because she should have protected that little boy. I also think that while he may have 'lost control' she was methodical. She is just to calm and quick to blame it all on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't crying in court as he realized that he had 'killed' for her and she didn't stand by her man.

I didn't put in my post that she went to sleep... (wasn't in the probable cause statement)

However, the fact that on Mother's day, 9 May 2010 she
-at 3am woke up to check her son (who has already been obviously beaten)
-at 5 am makes a trip to the pharmacy
-at 530 am when she 'gets back' according to her to find Nathan calm and awake saying her baby is dead
-and than 30 or so hours reports him missing

well, as cold hearted as all of that is.. I am sure the @#$%^ found some time in there to sleep.

Wonder what woke her up at 3am Mother's Day morning? I really doubt Ethan was alive at that point. We have to remember the decomp odor when trying to figure out death. LE would smell that in a heartbeat when entering the apt. and that's a smell you can't get rid of short of burning the place down. moo

5:30 in the morning - you just don't walk in Walgreens and demand a refill - you call first, and unless a Dr. has called in a new script and tells the pharmacist it is for urgent, immediate use OR there is an emergency need for a refill, you get it when the pharmacy opens later in the am. You pick it up at the drive through - I mean a pharmacist isn't going to go flying around for trash bags and duct tape at 5am or any time - I think she went to a 24 hour convenient store. I have never worked in a Walgreens but have friends who do, maybe they are different in UT, idk moo

Seems we are trying to make sense of her lies - and there are plenty of them. moo

ETA and monkeymama

hmmmm tough decision here,
1. I get harmed but I save my son.
2. I just go along so I don't get harmed, so what if my son dies, after all I can always have another baby!

oh my goodness what's a hot momma to do :waitasec:

VB

ETA and monkeymama

That's why I ask because I get so mad I can't see straight when I read this. Thanks. :)

Jaxson, there have been times when I've felt picked on, too, but I couldn't tell you whether I really was being picked on or if I was misinterpreting disagreeing viewpoints. I've never been able to tell.

But I do know this -- sometimes, when emotions are running high (like in Ethan's case here), it's easy for a lot of us to get away from ourselves. And it might be recognizable, because normally, we are slow-tempered, respectful posters. Sometimes, the stress and pressure is too much.

No matter what exchanges we have here, though, I do want to encourage you to please continue to contribute your thoughts and opinions. If a thread gets to be too much, step away from it a while and try again later. I have to do that quite often myself, and it always helps.

I think you're absolutely right. It's easy to project the feelings of anger you have about a case (especially a horrific one like this), onto the words you see on the screen.

If someone disagrees with something I've posted, I don't see it as a personal attack. It's just them disagreeing with my words. That's part of sleuthing, discussing, figuring things out, IMO. I might disagree with them and we haggle a bit ... but in the end, that's how some of us have figured out some important details in the Koecher case.

Or maybe we just didn't understand each other. Rather than laboring under a misconception, isn't it better to ask?

And for the newbies: there's a feature here (under User CP) called "ignore". It helps keep peace on the forum.

2. I just go along so I don't get harmed, so what if my son dies, after all I can always have another baby!

VB

3. I can leave the apartment and go shopping or pick up his drugs. While I'm gone, I can drive to the police station or call 911 and get help.

LOL Vegas Bride! funny.

monkeymama: I do believe that NS abuse SS. From what he wrote about her on the wedding comments he was very controlling. AND from what she wrote on hers she did fear him and felt like she would end up dead. MOO

but that does not excuse her in any way from protecting her child which IMO she did not do in the least. She should never have let Ethan come to stay with her. If he had abused her she should have known he'd abuse her child as well. She had NO problem walking out of the last relationship she was in so if she was being abused why not walk away from another one?

And for the newbies: there's a feature here (under User CP) called "ignore". It helps keep peace on the forum.[/quote]

Oh my, Laytonian I haven't disagreed with anyone and I also follow Steven's case as I have lots of family in Salt Lake area. In certainly don't need an ignore button (is this for individuals or whole threads and forums) How can you follow a case if you ignore what some have to say?

I wasn't cruising for a compliment when I mentioned that I'd just updated the Koecher timeline; it's just that the meaningful little details keep streaming in, and when one comes in, it often changes something else.

eyes4crime - I know how hard it is, and how much everyone will depend on you. It's going to get harder and harder to repost the timeline..and then try to go back and edit previous editions. They grow and they grow.
I can walk you through putting it on a free google website, if that will help. You don't have to do the html like I've done on the Koecher timeline; you can just paste in the text, and it will format itself.
Just a suggestion, from someone who's been there...and is still there ;)

Thanks, this is a particularly depressing TL to work on. Just look at all the help I have from my fellow sleuthers...great help with updates and corrections. The batting around of times and dates only helps the TL to be accurate - far more than if I was doing it myself. Thanks for the offer. I will take you up on it. MOO

I think you're absolutely right. It's easy to project the feelings of anger you have about a case (especially a horrific one like this), onto the words you see on the screen.

If someone disagrees with something I've posted, I don't see it as a personal attack. It's just them disagreeing with my words. That's part of sleuthing, discussing, figuring things out, IMO. I might disagree with them and we haggle a bit ... but in the end, that's how some of us have figured out some important details in the Koecher case.

Or maybe we just didn't understand each other. Rather than laboring under a misconception, isn't it better to ask?

And for the newbies: there's a feature here (under User CP) called "ignore". It helps keep peace on the forum.

I was not aware of the "ignore" feature! Thanks! That really would've come in handy when a couple trolls hit some of the threads I was on!

I vote for Ethan get his own forum at this point...seems necessary due to high level of interest and the fact of discovery being a slow, thorough process.
We are all going to be talking about this for a LONG TIME!
And Thank You so much for all your hard work on the TIMELINE!

VB

Lol VB, that gave me a chuckle. Of course if she keeps having babies she may not be all that hot.

I wonder if she had Ethan because she was jealous of Joe's other kids. what with the breast implants and modeling career I wouldn't think she would even have a child. Her looks were obviously very important to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33