UT - Family of 8 found dead in home by gunshot in Enoch, Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen anything say that he "lost" his job, only that he "left" his job within the week prior to the murders? Tausha filed for divorce on December 21st but did not have him served with papers until December 27th - MOO, he may have "left" his job sometime shortly after papers were served. Tausha last met with her attorney the day before she and her children were found deceased. While we cannot know the motive for certain without explicit information from LE, everything I've read makes me think this was just a straight forward case of an abuser taking the most extreme way out of his marriage once he knew it was over.

I haven't seen anything say that he "lost" his job, only that he "left" his job within the week prior to the murders? Tausha filed for divorce on December 21st but did not have him served with papers until December 27th - MOO, he may have "left" his job sometime shortly after papers were served. Tausha last met with her attorney the day before she and her children were found deceased. While we cannot know the motive for certain without explicit information from LE, everything I've read makes me think this was just a straight forward case of an abuser taking the most extreme way out of his marriage once he knew it was over.
Left is definitely different than lost.
I feel like he planned this then for awhile… it’s so, so awful. It’s like they were doomed and just sitting ducks. It makes me so sad and feel so hopeless.

bbm
So sorry for the victims.
Unbelievable.
His own children. His babies.
The woman who married and bore him children.
And unless we know more, I'm thinking his mother in law did not deserve the fate he meted out to her, either.
Left is definitely different than lost.
I feel like he planned this then for awhile… it’s so, so awful. It’s like they were doomed and just sitting ducks. It makes me so sad and feel so hopeless.
bbm
Agreed. Helpless.

Trying to understand that he might have been depressed and mentally unfit; but I'm mostly getting a picture of an ongoing abuse situation ?
His wife didn't plan to leave him because he 'cherished' her and 'treated her respectfully' !

Possibly he was a monster all along, and she had had it ?
Couldn't take it anymore ?
M00.

Eta : Please know I'm not blaming anyone ; but if you need to leave, just do it when the other partner is away and meet them at a later date, with an attorney -- and at a public place.
Don't be alone with them !
This goes for men as well.

I haven't seen anything say that he "lost" his job, only that he "left" his job within the week prior to the murders ? Tausha filed for divorce on December 21st but did not have him served with papers until December 27th - MOO, he may have "left" his job sometime shortly after papers were served. Tausha last met with her attorney the day before she and her children were found deceased. While we cannot know the motive for certain without explicit information from LE, everything I've read makes me think this was just a straight forward case of an abuser taking the most extreme way out of his marriage once he knew it was over.
Emphasis mine.
Thanks for clarifying, @RememberingRyan !

This crime sounds well thought out and planned, then !

It makes me angry at him.
Murder is (imo) an ultimate form of theft.
Theft of lives that he had no right to take.
@Erutan I FEEL your frustation at the loss of the family based on you last several posts. I am equally angry. I feel your pain.

We all feel the loss of this family, including such young ones. It seems so senseless.
I still wonder how he ended up with a weapon after taking them away from the rest of the family.

bbm
So sorry for the victims.
Unbelievable.
His own children. His babies.
The woman who married and bore him children.
And unless we know more, I'm thinking his mother in law did not deserve the fate he meted out to her, either.

bbm
Agreed. Helpless.

Trying to understand that he might have been depressed and mentally unfit; but I'm mostly getting a picture of an ongoing abuse situation ?
His wife didn't plan to leave him because he 'cherished' her and 'treated her respectfully' !

Possibly he was a monster all along, and she had had it ?
Couldn't take it anymore ?
M00.

Eta : Please know I'm not blaming anyone ; but if you need to leave, just do it when the other partner is away and meet them at a later date, with an attorney -- and at a public place.
Don't be alone with them !
This goes for men as well.
It’s really hard with children though. He still would have had custodial rights.

@Erutan I FEEL your frustation at the loss of the family based on you last several posts. I am equally angry. I feel your pain.

We all feel the loss of this family, including such young ones. It seems so senseless.
I still wonder how he ended up with a weapon after taking them away from the rest of the family.
Thanks.
It's just that I know a lovely couple who would give anything to be blessed with little ones.
And then you have people who are abusive, or in this case worse !
Some people do not deserve the blessing they've been given.

As far as your last sentence; I think he planned this so that there'd be no chance of fighting back and to me that seems so evil and such a betrayal of his family who may have trusted him enough to not see this coming ?
Maybe they couldn't even imagine him committing this atrocity.
Imo.

It’s really hard with children though. He still would have had custodial rights.
That's true. ^^^

I'm curious if at his place of employment (insurance salesperson ?) if anyone saw any red flags or thought he was 'off', somehow ?

Last edited:
Hello fellow Sleuthers. I learned about this horrific case only today. The link below contains the full statement from the Earl family. I found this part baffling:

We would caution media outlets and the public at large about using our family’s story for any advocacy of political agendas. Protective arms were purposely removed from the home prior to the incident because all adults were properly trained to protect human life. This is the type of loss that will continue to occur in families, communities and this nation when protective arms are no longer accessible.

The second sentence is what baffles me most. And the third sentence completely contradicts it.

Anyway, I would really like to know who "purposely" removed "protective arms" from the home. Utah does not have red flag gun laws, so it couldn't have been law enforcement.

Please note I am NOT trying to start a gun debate. I just find this really, really confusing. What does anyone else think?

Hello fellow Sleuthers. I learned about this horrific case only today. The link below contains the full statement from the Earl family. I found this part baffling:

The second sentence is what baffles me most. And the third sentence completely contradicts it.

Anyway, I would really like to know who "purposely" removed "protective arms" from the home. Utah does not have red flag gun laws, so it couldn't have been law enforcement.

Please note I am NOT trying to start a gun debate. I just find this really, really confusing. What does anyone else think?

It was mentioned before but I think the posts were removed… it seems that the perp removed the guns from the home at some prior time.

Sounds like he removed the guns after his wife filed for divorce.

I found this article that answers my question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime
Back