UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we’ve started the day with lawyerly incompetence. *sigh*

How is it possible that a random viewer was able to access the meet up link when they’ve been at this for 7 years??? The judge is so annoyed with these lawyers. Also, why is the judge allowing more than one lawyer from each side to speak in argument? Kristen jumped up at one point while her colleague was up at the podium arguing the point.
Didn't this "random viewer" just recently access the link? Seems odd to me.

Is the video actually still viewable?

ETA: If so, it seems they would arrive at a settlement... or no?

Is the video actually still viewable?

ETA: If so, it seems they would arrive at a settlement... or no?
Difficult to hear what is being said. Lawyers were bickering, out of presence of jury and audio was awful. Jury just came in.

Watching current witness C Ramon. Was his previous testimony all a lie?

Last edited:
Let's assume that neither party is particularly likeable, the question is will plaintiff prove his case, both on the facts of how the collision occurred and his damages. Don't know if they will ever figure out who was at fault, but as far as damages, so far, his exaggeration of his injuries is absurd. Maybe the jury will give him a small amount and send him on his way.
Your points are well taken. I have only caught bits and pieces of the testimony.

Terry is doing well so far. I don’t know what I expected but I’m a bit surprised. This scenario sounds reasonable but also a bit dramatic! The female scream part especially sounds dramatic!

ETA: I think I expected to dislike him immediately. Owens needs to bring it on cross.

Paltrow stated during testimony that she asked a ski hill employee (private ski lessons instructor) to provide her personal details to the plaintiff. She explained that, in her work, she delegates tasks, so she assumed that she could delegate that task. Law requires that she provide the information regardless of what she does at work.

By law, when there is a ski hill crash, those involved in the crash must exchange personal information. Paltrow did not do that. She could not confirm that her personal information was provided because she left the crash scene before the information was exchanged.

One of the lawyers testified (in a question) that one of the private ski instructors would confirm that her son called out to Paltrow at the time of the crash. I suppose we'll hear more this week.
You are still taking the story of an unconscious, visually-impaired man who previously had a stroke and his meetup buddy as gospel truth. If it was clear at the time of the crash that a serious incident occurred, she should have stayed. There has been report that it did not seem serious at the time. I do think she made a mistake not staying to make sure everything was settled, but as a celebrity with young children on the hill, I can see why her attentions were on other things. It’s interesting to me that you completely trust this guy when the incident report at the time conflicts with his version and he himself says he was unconscious.
Jmo

Asked why he wrote “I’m famous”

Answer (paraphrased by me) - My head was scrambled. I didn’t chose my words carefully. I was just trying to communicate that I was OK to my daughters. And I wanted to add levity.

Asked why he wrote “I’m famous”

Answer (paraphrased by me) - My head was scrambled. I didn’t chose my words carefully. I was just trying to communicate that I was OK to my daughters. And I wanted to add levity.
Yep, that rehearsed “levity” story.

Let’s see how he does on cross where he hasn’t rehearsed each question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member