DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
On Sept. 16, Jacob Warner Routt, 36, texted a friend telling her he was going on a hike and would talk to her later. Searches for Routt started Thursday. They were unable to get a current ping on his phone but found an old ping from Sept. 16 near the Aspen Grove trail.

Police found Routt's car at the Aspen Grove Trailhead parking lot and a helicopter spotted some of his belongings near Aspen Grove. The area is steep with cliffs.

678bba7332

Police search for man missing on Mount Timpanogos since Sept. 16

They think Jake Routt went hiking in very rugged and dangerous terrain, in an area that family said Routt has hiked before.

Routt is well-known in the fitness community, and also known to go off the trail in steep territory alone. His family said Routt sometimes spends several days in the wilderness.

"He likes the extreme climbing, free climbing. He didn't use equipment."

Search and rescue teams scour Mt. Timpanogos for missing Orem hiker

I've just watched youtube videos of the trail. My god its beautiful but looks so scary. On one trail review I read it said that the trail was really busy i wonder if anyone saw him?

Jake looks so strong and capable, but it's just been too long.

Can't find any new media updates and I'm meant to be on a self imposed fb ban:rolleyes:

Does anyone think this could be self-harm? Do free climbers climb barefoot? Strange that he left his shoes. Edit to say he may have had another pair of shoes with him. hmmmmmm.

I am not sure what the family means by "free climb" - if he was an actual rock climber, you would change out your hiking shoes for climbing shoes but the terminology is not correct.
In rock climbing, if you don't use any ropes or gear it is called "solo'ing" and if you are using a rope as a safety line that is free climbing (making it different than the original method of aid climbing where your weight is on the rope as you ascend). If he was solo'ing and this was a technical climbing area, he likely would have been spotted by other climbers.
I hope they are able to locate him soon.

I can't open the link. I'm guessing it's cause I'm in the UK.

“Utah County Sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Cannon said searchers on board a Utah Department of Public Safety helicopter first spotted the remains believed to belong to Jake Routt, 36, Tuesday afternoon, and the body was eventually lifted down just before 7 p.m.”

“Cannon said the body was located in thick brush at an elevation of roughly 9,000 feet, which is higher than where searchers had previously looked.”

Body recovered above Aspen Grove believed to be missing hiker

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back