GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
West Valley police have made an arrest in the murder of Kimberly Hain.

On Tuesday evening, police arrested Hain's 18-year-old neighbor Martin Vuksinick and booked him into jail on charges of criminal homicide. Investigators say during interviews with Vuksinick Tuesday, he made several comments that were inconsistent with previous statements he had made to police. They also say Vuksinick made comments about the crime that only the perpetrator would know.
Police believe Vuksinick acted alone and say he lead them to to the murder weapon, a baseball bat, that he had discarded in a field. Investigators do not know if he had a relationship with Kimberly, and they gave no motive for the crime.
West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan says the arrest is a relief to Kimberly Hain's family, but is obviously devastating to Vuksinick's family. (More at link)

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6613602

OMG seeing him shaking hands with the husband......I have no words it makes me sick!!!! :mad:

Also on page 2, another way in which he inserted himself in the media following the killing.

"Vuksinick also told reporters one of the nearby neighbors had been out working in his yard Monday when he discovered a set of keys, which sent police scurrying back to the home for more investigation. Vuksinick said his mother, Cheryl, was Kim Hain's best friend and the first person to talk with husband Pat Hain after he came out of the house with the kids."

......He might have placed those keys in a neighbors yard much later to try to throw the cops off.

Supposedly he told the police the motive was theft... I don't believe it. Also on page 2 is a big picture of the accused killer.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705306771/Theft-motive-in-WVC-moms-slaying.html

An autopsy showed the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and neck and strangulation, according to the jail report.

Something isn't right it also says...

While inside, Vuksinick encountered Hain and "struck her in the head with his fist," jail documents stated. He then "retrieved a baseball bat and struck her in the head multiple times," jail records state.

I thought he attacked her in her bed?

I thought she was found in bed, that doesn't make sense. Also for a theft...nothing was taken. I imagine his story will change several more times.

Those videos are sickening, it even seemed as if he were grinning when trying to comfort the other neighbor, then making sure he got to shake Kimberlys husbands hand. I do not believe it was theft, there was other motivation, we know he entered through a unlocked door so how many times did she leave the door unlocked? I'm sure he could have stolen items then. If it was theft then why did he need to bring a bat, seems like he intended to do alot more than theft! One more thing I want to mention Martys parents and Kimberly were suppose to planning a vacation, he is an adult 18 years of age if he really wanted to steal don't you think he could have waited for them to go out of town and go steal items. I just don't believe theft had anything to do with it at all.

I just found this comment...

My son grew up playing baseball with the killer, Marty...
Report Comment by Wild Eye Sky Surfer @ 9:19am - Wed May 27th, 2009

...He was a great kid and never was a trouble maker. I hear that drugs were a problem in the last couple years. This is SO sad and tragic!!!

My heart goes out to his Mom and Dad...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6613602&comments=true

Tossing this out: MV may have had a relationship with Ms Hain... in his mind.... attractive lady, fun, athletic & conveniently right next door. It could have begun as a teenage crush, escalated to "peeping tom" & finally entering her house & a confrontation that ended violently. The voyerism idea hit me as soon as I read of the arrest.... woman home alone while husband works at night.

I'm not happy that this lovely woman was murdered but I am happy that the husband wasn't involved and that the perp was also apprehended very quickly.

What breaks my heart is that Kim was best friends with his mother. She's probably torn up beyond belief, losing her best friend and son and knowing that the son she raised could do this. I hope that both she and Kim's husband and family find peace soon.

This is the Facebook status of one of Kimberly's friends: "Relief and Dismay. So sad,... they caught the killer and he turned out to be the neighbor kid next door that Kim and Pat had been trying to help get right with himself. 18. A huge relief that Pat would not be accused and villified as they could not find the real killer and dismay that this kid would be so thoughtless and ruthless that he couldn't feel the love and concern that they felt for him and he could kill Kim."

I'm also pleased to hear the hubby DIDN'T do it for a change!

My heart goes out to him ~ and may it be a reminder that none of us ever jumps to conclusions.

This is the Facebook status of one of Kimberly's friends: "Relief and Dismay. So sad,... they caught the killer and he turned out to be the neighbor kid next door that Kim and Pat had been trying to help get right with himself. 18. A huge relief that Pat would not be accused and villified as they could not find the real killer and dismay that this kid would be so thoughtless and ruthless that he couldn't feel the love and concern that they felt for him and he could kill Kim."

It sounds like he didn't appreciate the help to "get right with himself".

WOW, I certainly did not expect the reaction my other post got! I appreciate everyone who came to my defense. Yes, I was answering someone else's question about Mormons. No, I don't think everyone who lives in SLC is Mormon, I know very well they all aren't, and yes, I know this particular family was not identified as such. Again, just answering a question from someone else.

As for my dad's neighborhood, well, those comments were just uncalled for! He's a hard-working, retired elderly man who lives in a well-kept, large, nice home that I would be proud to own.

I am happy to see that folks who don't behave themselves don't have the option of hanging around here. Again, thank you kind folks who stuck up for me and my disparaged daddy!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What a shame about this poor woman, her family, neighborhood (starter homes or not), and for the family of the perp. It's gotta be tough all around. I've worked with many children with autism, and I know how their functioning levels can vary so greatly. What a horrible task to have to try to explain to any child that their mother is dead, but it must be particularly horrid in this case. I hope that there is a good support system in place and that everyone gets what they need to make it through this incredibly difficult time.

This kid should have been going to highschool in the Granite School district. If he transferred out, where was he going? Or did he drop out?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6621111

(snip)
Benjamin Horsley, a spokesman for the Granite School District, said Vuksinick was a senior at Cyprus High School but transferred out of the Granite School District on Jan. 5. Horsley said he didn't know where Vuksinick transferred to, except that it was not within the Granite School District.

I don't think the victim had any sort of relationship with the perp other than a concerned helper friendship with his mother. Kimberly probably advised his mother to kick him out or put him into some sort of rehab so he took the focus of attention off himself with the crime. How horrible for all involved, especially for the victim.

This kid should have been going to highschool in the Granite School district. If he transferred out, where was he going? Or did he drop out?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6621111

(snip)
Benjamin Horsley, a spokesman for the Granite School District, said Vuksinick was a senior at Cyprus High School but transferred out of the Granite School District on Jan. 5. Horsley said he didn't know where Vuksinick transferred to, except that it was not within the Granite School District.

Someone was eager for him to "come home" (note: I obfuscated the MS user name)

http://friends.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=profile.friendmoods&friendID=101537066

~*L****~ can't wait tell marty comes home at 11:30 AM Feb 24 Mood:happy
commentmessage Add comment...

Submit
1 comment total show more hide all show
~*L****~ can't wait tell marty comes home at 8:59 PM Feb 21

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads