UT UT - Kiplyn Davis, 15, Spanish Fork, 2 May 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone heard anything new on this case

Local film student directs unsolved murder movie

Kierra Hall is a film student native to Fruita. For her senior thesis at The Savannah College of Art and Design, she wanted to direct a movie that hits close to home. The film is set to be shot near Kodel's Canyon.

It tells the true story of 15-year-old Kiplyn Davis who disappeared back in 1995 out of Spanish Fork, Utah.

They will finish their filming in Colorado, and will then head back to Georgia to work on the remainder of the project. It’s all expected to be finished up by June 2020.

And of course, Timmy Brent Olsen - he is not well liked in Spanish Fork these days!! (was sentenced to 15 years in prison) As far as I know, I think he is still in prison.

Timmy Brent Olsen

Timmy Olsen, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the Kiplyn Davis case in 2011, saying he had watched someone else kill the Spanish Fork girl by hitting her in the head with a rock, then helped hide her body in 1995.

@watcher9 thank you very much for posting this , just couldn't "like " it :( hope Kiplyn's family finds some peace ...MOO

The Justice Files: Timmy Olsen claims he’s done all he can to help find Kiplyn Davis | ABC4 Utah

The Justice Files: Timmy Olsen claims he’s done all he can to help find Kiplyn Davis
JUSTICE FILES
by: Marcos Ortiz

Hearing Officer Carrie Cochran asked him: “Do you want to go ahead and tell us what happened that day?”

Timmy Olsen: “Without asking my lawyer and speaking to her about it, I am not going to answer that question until I speak with her.

Cochran reminded Olsen about a new law that prevents parole to someone convicted of a murder and refuses to disclose where the body is. Olsen said he was aware of the new law but couldn’t help the Davis family.

“I’ve done everything I can,” Olsen said. “I take responsibility. There’s nothing else I can do. There’s nothing else I can provide that would change the situation.”

-------------------------

Man who refuses to say where he buried Kiplyn Davis ordered to serve full sentence

Man who refuses to say where he buried Kiplyn Davis ordered to serve full sentence

UTAH STATE PRISON — One of the men convicted in connection with the disappearance and death of a Utah teen in 1995 has been ordered to serve out his entire sentence because of his refusal to help investigators find her remains.

New law cited as Timmy Brent Olsen is denied parole

New law cited as Timmy Brent Olsen is denied parole

The parole board said he didn’t act in “good faith” to help find Kiplyn Davis’ body.

These guys have kept this secret for 26 years. They would get drunk and tell people things at parties, but never the full truth. I am glad he will serve his full term, but he will not find a warm welcome to Spanish Fork when he has served his term.

I wonder what else is with her body?! I have thought long and hard, and I wonder if they possibly burned her body. I have been on Websleuths long enough now to not be surprised by what people do.

Such a heartbreaking case and I continue to hope her family will one day have Kiplyn returned to them.

Hard to imagine why Olsen won't say where she can be found, but then I remind myself this is a person who could calmly and easily plan his alibi and just go on with his life.

Could be he knows it would be impossible to locate her if instead of being buried, she was placed in a dumpster, dropped into a body of water or some other act that would prevent him from giving information for a recovery.

I just heard about this Cold Case, I listened to the pod cast of the story that Crime Junkie's did. The area in which this all happened if the boys(now men I guess) did do this(which it seems clear even if they didn't directly do it they know what happened). It sounds from the answers that the Timmy guy gave in march, is that he knows how she died and may have seen it. But he doesn't know where her body is, or he would have given it up "I have given all the help I can", cause he doesn't know where she is. At this point it doesn't make sense to not just say where she is. He can't get in more trouble people already think he is a monster. The strange thing is depending on when they moved her. The truck/car was back at the house the same night she went missing. So from the areas near school, the Spanish fork area they said it happened in can't be to far from that house. She must be in a relatively small area it strange that she was never found so many years later.

Its said they got advice from someone/help I wonder if that person(s) told them to never say what actually happened give a slightly different story, shift who did it and where.

The case doesn't give a lot of info from the pods casts and what I have read. But some of the boys at the time were in construction, stage building etc.. I'm wondering if they did any odd jobs around the area maybe in construction or maybe one of their family members in construction. Were their any buildings/houses going up around the same time. Also was the school ever search as the Rucker person had a Key right. Maybe they Tucked her there somewhere, probably not. I've never been to Utah so I don't know much about the area but if the ground is rock/hard she may not have been buried. I'm sure this has all been researched to hell but I'm just curious on the construction stuff at the time. Maybe they can xray the builds that went up or look into the names of the people that built it to see if any line up with the 5 boys or their family members.

I mean it seems like most of the statements over the years have been to misdirect from where she is what happened and who actually did it. The story shifts a lot, other than it does seem to be the boys(men) in question. So I wonder if they looked into active construction sites during the time of the disappearance.

Last edited:
Such a heartbreaking case and I continue to hope her family will one day have Kiplyn returned to them.

Hard to imagine why Olsen won't say where she can be found, but then I remind myself this is a person who could calmly and easily plan his alibi and just go on with his life.

Could be he knows it would be impossible to locate her if instead of being buried, she was placed in a dumpster, dropped into a body of water or some other act that would prevent him from giving information for a recovery.

Or like he said he saw her killed, and helped move the body. But maybe he only helped put her in the truck/car and never actually saw where she went after. It's possible he doesn't actually know where she ended up. But that would mean one of the other 4 they talk about would know where she is or sadly there is someone unaccounted for. He says someone killed her but never who actually did it. I don't know it seems weird that if he knew where she ended up, why he wouldn't just say to get released faster. Speculation (Who could have killed her that he would go this far not to give up and protect them for so long) were any of his family members suspects? This whole case is so strange.

I just heard about this Cold Case, I listened to the pod cast of the story that Crime Junkie's did. The area in which this all happened if the boys(now men I guess) did do this(which it seems clear even if they didn't directly do it they know what happened). It sounds from the answers that the Timmy guy gave in march, is that he knows how she died and may have seen it. But he doesn't know where her body is, or he would have given it up "I have given all the help I can", cause he doesn't know where she is. At this point it doesn't make sense to not just say where she is. He can't get in more trouble people already think he is a monster. The strange thing is depending on when they moved her. The truck/car was back at the house the same night she went missing. So from the areas near school, the Spanish fork area they said it happened in can't be to far from that house. She must be in a relatively small area it strange that she was never found so many years later.

Its said they got advice from someone/help I wonder if that person(s) told them to never say what actually happened give a slightly different story, shift who did it and where.

The case doesn't give a lot of info from the pods casts and what I have read. But some of the boys at the time were in construction, stage building etc.. I'm wondering if they did any odd jobs around the area maybe in construction or maybe one of their family members in construction. Were their any buildings/houses going up around the same time. Also was the school ever search as the Rucker person had a Key right. Maybe they Tucked her there somewhere, probably not. I've never been to Utah so I don't know much about the area but if the ground is rock/hard she may not have been buried. I'm sure this has all been researched to hell but I'm just curious on the construction stuff at the time. Maybe they can xray the builds that went up or look into the names of the people that built it to see if any line up with the 5 boys or their family members.

I mean it seems like most of the statements over the years have been to misdirect from where she is what happened and who actually did it. The story shifts a lot, other than it does seem to be the boys(men) in question. So I wonder if they looked into active construction sites during the time of the disappearance.

It is believed around town - RUMOR - that they did leave her in the mountain that fateful day, but went up later and moved her body. There are also rumors that she could be under concrete at one of two different buildings that went up around that time. Both had large concrete floors. However, with only rumors and no evidence, it would be difficult to find out if she is under either of those places. There have been many searches in the area. She is not at the school, they were up the canyon when the crime occurred. The high school is currently in the process of being rebuilt/remodeled. I don't believe any evidence will be found there. I think these punks made a pact and kept it. One of the boys has a lower IQ and people hoped that he would talk; however, he never has. Unfortunately, I doubt she will ever be found.

They could bury her up the canyon. There are miles and miles of area that she could have been buried in.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – Karissa Lords never got a chance to say goodbye to her sister the day she disappeared.

It was May 2, 1995 and Kiplyn Davis was headed to another day at Spanish Fork High School.

At his March parole hearing, Olsen was confronted with what happened that day.

Hearing officer: “Do you want to go ahead and tell us what happened that day?”
Olsen: “Without asking my lawyer and speaking to her about it, I am not going to answer that question until I speak with her.”

Olsen claimed he heard but didn’t see Davis get hit with a shovel. But he admitted to helping bury her. Under a new law, his parole was denied for refusing to help the family find Kiplyn.

Karissa Lords of Spanish Fork, Utah, kneels beside a monument to her older sister, Kiplyn Davis, who went missing on May 2, 1995 and is presumed dead. Her remains have yet to be found. (Allan Stein/The Epoch Times)
Karissa Lords of Spanish Fork, Utah, kneels beside a monument to her older sister, Kiplyn Davis, who went missing on May 2, 1995 and is presumed dead. Her remains have yet to be found.

Deleted by me
No longer exists

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member