UT UT - Kiplyn Davis, 15, Spanish Fork, 2 May 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like the plot of a late-night TV legal drama: There's a missing person and a murder charge — but police have yet to find a body.
But that's the challenge Utah County prosecutors face as they start to mount a case against Timmy Brent Olsen, who was charged last week with first-degree felony murder in connection with the 1995 disappearance of 15-year-old Kiplyn Davis.
"We don't have a body, and that is a concern," said Utah County Attorney Kay Bryson. "It certainly is a complicating factor. It would certainly help our prosecution to have Kiplyn Davis found and returned home. But it's obvious today that we're prepared to proceed without having recovered the body."
While such cases are difficult, University of Utah law professor Erik Luna says it is "totally possible to convict someone without recovering the body."
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635178454,00.html

My thoughts are with the Davis family, it sounds like they are getting close. I'm hoping one day that I log in and this has been moved to the located section. I'm just sorry she won't be found alive.
I may have missed it so I'm sorry if I did but are the men involved who were underage being charged as adults? Has any reason for them raping and murdering been found or is it too early?

Good question. I don't recall it ever being mentioned in the articles if they were charged as adults or juveniles. It may be too early to know yet, as they are just getting around to charging Olsen. Most of the charges up to this point have been on perjury and lying to officers and things like that. Those would have been committed as adults.
As far as what has been released as yet, I don't think that it has been publicized as to how many people were involved, let alone why they did it. And since the Grand Jury process is secret, and not much is getting out....we may have to wait till trial.
Same type of thing happened in my area. A murder, everyone knows who did it, and in this case there are even rumors as to why. But no one will talk. That is why I take such an interest in this case. And I am happy to see it being so successful. But one thing came out in that case that has really stuck with me. For all of these years, with all of the rumors, this family has had a good idea about who killed their dau. And all these years, they possibly had to come face to face with these killers in public- in the grocery, on the street or what ever. Even if they never actually ran into them, that possibility was always there. Can you imagine the helplessness and aloneness they must have felt?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=169708

Lastest update on Kiplyn Davis case....

From the link:

Olsen now faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of Kiplyn Davis. He remains in federal custody awaiting trial on perjury in the case. Witnesses say they heard him admit to raping and killing Davis. One person told police Olsen said, "I did it, I did it, I raped and killed Kiplyn Davis."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=350238

Timmy's perjury trial starts today. They dropped one of the charges last week, but he's still facing up to 75 years I think. I wish this sick SOB would just open up and finally let Kiplyn's family know what happened. Enough is enough. They're good people and they don't deserve this.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,640194601,00.html

One ex-girlfriend sobbed as she testified that Olsen drove her to a remote spot in the mountains and raped her after she told him she wanted to break up.
"I told him, 'Look, I'm through, I'm done,'" she said. "He said he wanted to go for a ride, so we got in his truck."
Another woman, Olsen's ex-wife, told how their marriage fell apart after just three months because of Olsen's jealous rages that led to physical abuse.
"He lifted me up by the biceps and slammed me into the wall," she said, speaking loudly and clearly into the court microphone. "He was right over me and I yelled at him, 'Get away from me Tim. We're done. We're through.'"
But as sordid as those details were, the most potentially damaging testimony came in claims from the women that Olsen confessed to them that he knew firsthand details surrounding the unsolved disappearance of 15-year-old Kiplyn Davis on May 2, 1995.
The women testified that Olsen confided to them, in various ways and in various places, that he helped Kiplyn sluff school the day she went missing from Spanish Fork High School and that another man was also involved.
He told more details about this to some of the women than to others — and apparently said nothing at all to his ex-wife. But the overall message was clear: Timmy Olsen was there the day Kiplyn Davis went missing, and he knows what happened to her.

More at link.
OB

If I'm reading correctly, her body still hasn't been located?

Her poor parents :(
Lisa

Lisahas2cats said:
If I'm reading correctly, her body still hasn't been located?

Her poor parents :(
Lisa

You're reading correctly. :( But I think they have a general idea where to look...I don't know why it's taking so long.

Jury Returns Olsen Verdict: Guilty On All Counts

Timmy Brent Olsen was convicted Wednesday on all 15 counts of perjury in the investigation into the 1995 disappearance of a 15-year-old girl he is accused of murdering.

``She won. My daughter won today,'' said Richard Davis holding a large photo of his missing daughter, Kiplyn, as he approached reporters outside the courthouse.

The tearful Davis said he was thankful for the ruling, and was looking forward to the pending state murder trial against Olsen and resolving the case including hopefully finding Kiplyn's body.

More at link

Are they actively looking for her? Has the perp made any more statements regarding which building she may be buried under?

Duh.... the SENTENCING has been resheduled, since he's already been found guilty. Too much coffee, not enough sleep.........:doh:

Bumping for Kiplyn...has anyone heard any news about the search for her body? She's in my thoughts all the time-I hope she can come home to her parents soon.

beakiebean said:
Bumping for Kiplyn...has anyone heard any news about the search for her body? She's in my thoughts all the time-I hope she can come home to her parents soon.
The latest news I heard on the search, and that was from an article of the Deseret News last week or the week before, was that Timmy Brent Olson took authorities to find her body. He took them to three different places before he admitted he was just "playing with them."

Sick SOB. Tell where Kiplyn is!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back