UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm behind. She assaulted Eric's sister?!

Summit County mom arrested for husband's murder

ETA: A quote from the linked report

Kouri closed on the home the day after Eric’s death. That same day she invited friends over for what a search warrant called “a large party at her home where she was drinking and celebrating.”

The warrant goes on to say she “assaulted” Eric's sister, who showed up to the home.

“Up until that point, according to the family, Kouri had no idea she had been replaced in the will and Eric’s sister was put in charge of his estate, including the home, which made her financially unstable,” the warrant states.

On March 28, a few weeks after Eric’s death, Kouri sued Eric's sister for control over his estate. She claims their prenuptial agreement entitles her to the money, family home and other assets.

Last edited:
I'm behind. She assaulted Eric's sister?!

Summit County mom arrested for husband's murder

ETA: A quote from the linked report

Kouri closed on the home the day after Eric’s death. That same day she invited friends over for what a search warrant called “a large party at her home where she was drinking and celebrating.”

The warrant goes on to say she “assaulted” Eric's sister, who showed up to the home.

“Up until that point, according to the family, Kouri had no idea she had been replaced in the will and Eric’s sister was put in charge of his estate, including the home, which made her financially unstable,” the warrant states.

On March 28, a few weeks after Eric’s death, Kouri sued Eric's sister for control over his estate. She claims their prenuptial agreement entitles her to the money, family home and other assets.
Omg how did I miss this? Partying & celebrating the day after your husband dies… no red flags there!

Moo

I assume she wrote the obituary. The first line looks like she’s implying Eric committed suicide! What else could she mean by “largely unexpected”?

Eric Eugene Richins made his last extravagant and largely unexpected gesture on March 4, 2022, signing off on a life, in his own words, “lived to the fullest and with few regrets.”

Given that he was going to refuse to “sign off” on the real estate purchase documents, this is so very snarky!

That whole piece has an edge that you just don't normally see in an obituary. The writer's contempt for the deceased just oozes out onto the page.

There was never a dull moment when you were around Eric. Whether it be him showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way or his calling to tell you he rolled the four-wheeler for the umpteenth time, is stuck, and needs you to come get him.

Eric loved to have fun and was always the life of the party. He owned almost every motorized toy possible, from four-wheelers and side-by-sides, to trucks and snow mobiles. Because of this, he of course holds the Richins family record for most rolls and collisions of motorized vehicles, as well as most stitches received from a single incident 200 on his face to be exact.

That whole piece has an edge that you just don't normally see in an obituary. The writer's contempt for the deceased just oozes out onto the page.

There was never a dull moment when you were around Eric. Whether it be him showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way or his calling to tell you he rolled the four-wheeler for the umpteenth time, is stuck, and needs you to come get him.

Eric loved to have fun and was always the life of the party. He owned almost every motorized toy possible, from four-wheelers and side-by-sides, to trucks and snow mobiles. Because of this, he of course holds the Richins family record for most rolls and collisions of motorized vehicles, as well as most stitches received from a single incident 200 on his face to be exact.
Um...is she implying Eric routinely tore the sleeves off his shirt and used it to wipe when he s**** on the side of the road?? Am I reading that right??
Not only is it full of contempt, it's just downright insulting. If a 'loved one' wrote an obit like this for me I'd come back and haunt them.

What the .... ?
He used his sleeves as impromptu toilet paper ?
How disrespectful of her to write that !

If he had, "...few regrets..." after "...signing off on a life ..."; what about his sons ?
Even if he took his own life, he'd regret leaving his boys.
And since KR has been charged, no -- he didn't take his own life !!
It's as if she's saying that he didn't care about his kids.
Imo.
Ymmv.

Glad I didn't read the obit., and am only reading what the members here are paraphrasing.

No words that I can use at this time. :mad:
M00.

Um...is she implying Eric routinely tore the sleeves off his shirt and used it to wipe when he s**** on the side of the road?? Am I reading that right??
Not only is it full of contempt, it's just downright insulting. If a 'loved one' wrote an obit like this for me I'd come back and haunt them.
Yep.
You beat me to it.

Ditto about the 'haunting' !

Thank you.

Per the charging docs -- the defendant's last known address:

282 W Willow Ct, Kamas, UT 84036​

I'm not certain this is the same address where the victim was murdered but a property KR owned with others (as Kouri Darden).

Also, no mention of KR hiring private counsel yet but Summit County seems well-staffed with prosecutors.

This all reads filled to the brim with sarcasm. Ugh!!

what's her motive? to write a book about loss for kids? Can't be. Wanted a divorce but LDS frowns on that? Mental illness, all three, what??? I want to know more. Not doubting anything, just want to know more. Why people do what they do.

Those kids should go on to write a book. They'd make a fortune because this is just nuts.
I’m pretty sure the LDS church also frowns on consumption of Moscow Mules, and yet here we are…

So, it didn’t occur to her that holding a house-buying celebration the day after his “untimely” death just MIGHT seem a tiny bit odd? Such hubris!

From the link:

The warrant goes on to say she “assaulted” Eric's sister, who showed up to the home. [This is when she found out that she had been replaced in the will and Eric’s sister was put in charge of his estate, including the home, which made her financially unstable]

“Up until that point, according to the family, Kouri had no idea” the warrant states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb