UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s claiming the contraband Crest White strips are part of her “book”. IMO, if she really had written 60+ pages, she was simply using that to hide the letter in.
And if she really gave Skye the 60 pages where are they now?
Not that they have anything to do with the letter as she claims. I guess she doesn’t know that novels are way longer than 60 pages. That would be more like, at most a novella? …. just sayin.
She’s as full of it as a Christmas goose.
Industry standard is 250 words per page, which would make this 15,000 words. In that case, by most measures and author guides, it wouldn't even be a novella but a novelette! That is nowhere near novel length, which at the absolute minimum is 50,000 words and counting. (This of course assumes that she's writing around 250 words per page, whereas she could be cramming them in.)

Industry standard is 250 words per page, which would make this 15,000 words. In that case, by most measures and author guides, it wouldn't even be a novella but a novelette! That is nowhere near novel length, which at the absolute minimum is 50,000 words and counting. (This of course assumes that she's writing around 250 words per page, whereas she could be cramming them in.)
In her defense, the supposed (probably invisible/nonexistent) "novel" wasn't finished yet at 60 pages.

FWIW, I looked again at the 6 pages of her content we do have. It's part of the "novel," yes? The average number of words on the handwritten, note pad pages is around 210 for the 6 pages.

BTW - As I was trying to count words, I noticed once again the content of those 6 pages, and have to add:

The idea of what she was writing being part of some sort of novel -- even one with pointless inane content - is sooooo transparently ludicrous. In case anyone wonders if she is being repeatedly "misunderstood" on this front, just read it! Another read of that 6 pages of drek reminded me of who she is and what level she lives at. No way to convincingly spin that into being a literary work, even if she wants to play that game.

Apparently there was a motion filed by defense against the prosecution motion to audio and video the defense . Theres a pdf link posted on the FB page but I can’t get it to download.

In her defense, the supposed (probably invisible/nonexistent) "novel" wasn't finished yet at 60 pages.

FWIW, I looked again at the 6 pages of her content we do have. It's part of the "novel," yes? The average number of words on the handwritten, note pad pages is around 210 for the 6 pages.

BTW - As I was trying to count words, I noticed once again the content of those 6 pages, and have to add:

The idea of what she was writing being part of some sort of novel -- even one with pointless inane content - is sooooo transparently ludicrous. In case anyone wonders if she is being repeatedly "misunderstood" on this front, just read it! Another read of that 6 pages of drek reminded me of who she is and what level she lives at. No way to convincingly spin that into being a literary work, even if she wants to play that game.
I must have missed it, but where can I read these six pages? I'm curious now as I'm a fiction editor by profession, and I could take a look at them and give an assessment.

Nasal snort! Have a big ol' chuckle!
I just started reading, and I'm already regretting it. If my brain is still working by the end, I'll leave some of my impressions, but yeah. Wow.

Actually, you know what? There's no need. This isn't fiction, period. And it was never intended as fiction. All she's done slightly oddly is refer to herself in the third person, which doesn't disguise this nonfiction account in any meaningful way and certainly not as fiction. She must think the courts are stupid if that's what she's passing this off as.

rbbm

Richins and her attorneys claiming that the letter is a “fictional novel” shows how asinine it is to think KR can write anything worth publishing.

She ain’t no writer.

A novel is, by its very definition, a piece of fictional writing. No writer worth their salt would describe a novel like she does.

No such thing as a fictional novel.

And yet that’s exactly what she tells her brother she’s writing.

And what her learned attorney repeats.

Yes, please, let’s see the rest of this “Mexican prison” manuscript. There isn’t one, especially one that’s 60+ pages.
I know, right?

This is a story dreamed up by someone who has never read a book, much less written one. People think sociopaths are smarter than normal people. Maybe there are some smart ones, but there are a lot of really dumb ones. Like Kouri.

I know, right?

This is a story dreamed up by someone who has never read a book, much less written one. People think sociopaths are smarter than normal people. Maybe there are some smart ones, but there are a lot of really dumb ones. Like Kouri.

I think most murderers think they are smarter than everyone else. And most, if not all, are so narcissistic, they cannot envision anything outside their own little box. Hence their surprise when outsiders notice the missing, and care about finding the missing, getting justice for the murdered, etc.

Kouri Richins' confiscated prison letter

Kouri Richins' confiscated prison letter to her mother, Lisa Darden, in which she allegedly tries to frame her late husband, Eric, for fentanyl use. Summit County Attorney's Office
In the letter, she imagines the story Ronney should tell the court. "A year prior to Eric's death, Ronney was over watching football one Sunday and Eric and Ronney were chatting about Eric's Mexico trips. Eric told Ronney he gets pain pills and fentanyl from Mexico from the workers at the ranch," the letter states. "[Eric said] Not to tell me because I would get mad because I always said he just gets high every night and won't help take care of the kids."

Kouri Richins' confiscated prison letter ' confiscated prison letter

Kouri Richins' confiscated prison letter to her mother, Lisa Darden, in which she allegedly tries to frame her late husband, Eric, for fentanyl use. Summit County Attorney's Office
In the letter, she imagines the story Ronney should tell the court. "A year prior to Eric's death, Ronney was over watching football one Sunday and Eric and Ronney were chatting about Eric's Mexico trips. Eric told Ronney he gets pain pills and fentanyl from Mexico from the workers at the ranch," the letter states. "[Eric said] Not to tell me because I would get mad because I always said he just gets high every night and won't help take care of the kids."
Also from the article:

“In this case, the contents of the letter do not, as far as I can tell, establish that it was either made for the purposes of facilitating legal services, or that it was between the client and attorney," Evershed said. "Ms. Richins' claim that it was a fictional narrative further undermines the argument that it was attorney/client communication."

Richins attorneys are expected back in court later this month to fight for the letter's exclusion from the case, and to argue that it is privileged information.

"The importance of this letter is underscored by the intense litigation now surrounding it," Evershed said.

From his time as a prosecutor, he saw how a defendant's attempts to tamper with witnesses can have a very powerful effect on a jury.

"In my experience, words from a defendant are incredibly material to a jury, especially directives to other witnesses," he said. "Should it be allowed into evidence, the state will have a field day with the letter."

I have her next court date on 11/3/23 - not in October - has that changed? TIA! :)
This article is dated 10/13. I haven’t seen anything scheduled before 11/3.

[…]
A status hearing was set for Nov. 3, when the judge will consider the state’s motion for a no-contact order between Richins and her mother. The judge will also hear arguments from the defense’s request to drop all charges and to sanction the state for prosecutorial misconduct.

The motion to compel the release of the "Walk the Dog" pages is not on the agenda for that day, but a future hearing on the matter could be set.

Kouri Richins' confiscated prison letter ' confiscated prison letter

This is laughable. Sure hope it’s admitted into evidence.

10/13/23

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) — Prosecutors say Kouri Richins’ was writing instructions to her family on how to testify in court. Richins’ lawyers say she’s writing a “fictional book.” Either way, the prosecutors say they now want the whole manuscript — all 65 pages’ worth.

[..]

This week, prosecutors asked the court to compel Richins and her attorneys to turn over the rest of the so-called “Walk the Dog” document, which may contain another 60 to 65 pages. However, new court documents this week include a transcript of a phone call Richins made in jail to a family member explaining the controversy.

[..]

During this first week of October, court documents state prosecutors met with the defense to discuss the book. Prosecutors claim they reached an agreement that the defense would provide the manila envelope and the pages within, though they now say that has not happened.

“The [Walk the Dog] Letter is the defendant’s frantic, dishonest attempt to explain how Eric Richins may have obtained illicit drugs when all available evidence establishes that she, in fact, obtained the fatal fentanyl,” stated prosecutors in their petition to the court. “The WTD Letter illustrates the defendant’s consciousness of guilt. There is every reason to believe that the remaning 60 pages of the Fictional Manuscript are as equally valuable as the WTD Letter.”

Prosecutors say they want the manuscript before Richins’ next hearing on Nov. 3. You can read the prosecutors’ petition to the court below:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member