UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The video shows the ultimate vision for the 8-bed and 11.5-bath property: a therapy pool, full-sized pool, exercise room, golf simulator, indoor volleyball court and room designed for virtual reality installations.

If the buyer doesn’t close, Malmrose said he “doesn’t know what the plan B would be.” But he indicated a couple other buyers were interested.

That would be good news for Kouri, who retained not only criminal defense attorney Skye Lazaro but also bankruptcy attorney Austin Nate.

Neither attorney responded to requests for comment about Kouri’s pending murder case at the time of this report.
But she doesn’t get the property, correct? Her husband changed the will, leaving all property to the sister. ER made sure she wasn’t getting anything, correct?

And how is she signing solo for a large mortgage when her husband died the day before? With what downpayment? The money would have to be in her name.

Wouldn’t the estate be on hold, except for maybe insurance payouts (which she wasn’t getting) and any accounts that had her as TOD, or were joint.

Unlikely there’s 20% of $2M in a cash account. And she couldn’t put up a joint home as equity without his signature, surely?

The video shows the ultimate vision for the 8-bed and 11.5-bath property: a therapy pool, full-sized pool, exercise room, golf simulator, indoor volleyball court and room designed for virtual reality installations.

If the buyer doesn’t close, Malmrose said he “doesn’t know what the plan B would be.” But he indicated a couple other buyers were interested.

That would be good news for Kouri, who retained not only criminal defense attorney Skye Lazaro but also bankruptcy attorney Austin Nate.

Neither attorney responded to requests for comment about Kouri’s pending murder case at the time of this report.
Imagine snow on those roofs, or rain, or the odds of a leak if the flashing isn’t right. Waterfalls inside the house or out.

Last edited:
Oh ok. That explains why I couldn’t find any record of the “other” couple owning the property. Thanks for clearing that up!
The only other thing, is I thought Eric refused to sign to purchase the property, so it wasn’t closed on until after his death. The article stated he died shortly after closing. Perhaps it’s just an error.

“The couple had intended to finish construction and move into the home until the husband unexpectedly passed away shortly after closing the sale on the property.”
The party for closing was the day AFTER his death, and ER didn’t want to buy the house, so I would guess KR closed on it after he died. But, if the house construction had been on hold because one of the former owners had an unattended death, why didn’t the “unattended death” of ER put the Richins purchase on hold?

Wow, still following Jared Bridegan's murder and now this one. Damn, maybe the LDS church should be a little more accepting of divorce. This man suspected his wife was trying to kill him long before she did. JMO

Last edited:
Its funny (not haha funny. More like curious) because at first I thought that and now the more I look at her in multiple pictures and videos she looks crazy and unhinged to me. That could, of course, be just because I know what she did. JMO

(IMO her smiles are wide but super forced and the smile doesn't reach her eyes)
I think it’s because we know who she is now. But few would suspect her capable of something like this before the arrest, IMO. She looks like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth.

Has anybody scooped the unnamed party found deceased last Sept at the "compound" the wife purchased around the time of her husband's death?

Did somebody want this party silenced?

Was that mansion/compound owned by someone associated with a clothing MLM scheme/company? I think they are still in business but ??

Utah woman who wrote kids book on grief after husband died now charged with his murder​

SALT LAKE CITY -- After her husband died last year, she wrote a children's book on grief. Now she's charged with murder in his death.

IIRC, it was already mentioned but did KR write the obituary? A few choice of words (phrases) screamed out to me, moo.

Eric Eugene Richins made his last extravagant and largely unexpected gesture on March 4, 2022, signing off on a life, in his own words, “lived to the fullest and with few regrets.” God certainly perfected the mold when Eric was born to Gene and Linda (Carter) Richins on May 13, 1982 in Bountiful, UT. Eric’s world revolved around his family, his love for hunting, the family cattle ranch, and his insane drive as a successful entrepreneur. Being born into the...

Full Obit (reposted):

kouri richins, kouri richins husband, eric richins
“Life is just so d*** hard without you here,” Kouri Richins posted in a Facebook reel that showed photos of her with Eric Richins. “The cards I have been dealt seems like a game that just can’t be played.” She included the hashtag #pleasecomehome with Eric Richins’ name.

Before finding Eric deceased, Kouri told police she left her phone behind in the couple’s bedroom while she was in a child’s bedroom, but phone records indicated that her phone was actually “active while in the child’s bedroom” and messages were deleted, according to KSLTV.

Warrant:
3 counts of possession with intent to distribute. In an awful way, that is funny.

She just made him a drink... he probably threw all the fent in it. What she might say/claim
Oh I'm fully expecting her attorney's to attempt character assassination on him at trial. The physical and forensic evidence is so strong against her, their only real shot is saying one of two things - both disgusting:
  1. He was an abusive husband and father and she feared for her own safety so in a panic her friend who gave her the drugs told her he had something to stop him from abusing. She's so naive and trusting that she did it to make him stop and as it turns out it poisoned him. She didn't say anything to police out fear for her life.
  2. He was suicidal and she bought the drugs to help him commit suicide because she loves him so much, etc. She hid in her children's room while he self-administered the fentanyl because she couldn't bear to watch her poor husband suffer. The book was a way to help her cope with the fact she helped him commit suicide.
Again, neither one are remotely true but I'm thinking like a defense attorney. You have to direct the jury in different ways than the evidence because the all evidence says one thing - she did it and cold blooded murdered him.

Has anybody scooped the unnamed party found deceased last Sept at the "compound" the wife purchased around the time of her husband's death?

Did somebody want this party silenced?
That article about the compound was published in July 2022. So the reference to 'last September' referred to Sept 2021, i.e. before KR owned it and before her husband died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper