UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Assume the fentanyl showed up immediately in the autopsy? Maybe she went with the story of him being a previous drug addict and his family kept pushing LE to delve deeper.

Agree, it took a long time to investigate this. LE/prosecution is lucky she didn't disappear or cause other problems during that time.

One of my first posts on this thread was about how it must have been torture for Eric's family-- having to wait more than a year for the arrest of KR.

What took so long for KR to be arrested?

I think the answer is revealed in the AA: It wasn't until May 2, 2023, that authorities interviewed the acquaintance of KR identified only as CL, and received confirmation that CL supplied the lethal drugs to KR that caused the death of her husband...

And KR was arrested and charged with ER's murder six days later!

1683723519082.png

She really had this dear lady fooled, but sociopaths and cons are often known for their charm. Interesting that she told her that Eric died of a brain aneurism.
My heart breaks for Ms. King -- the mutual friend that helped introduce the couple that she was proud of. Women like KR leave many victims in their quake. JMO :(

One of my first posts on this thread was about how it must have been torture for Eric's family-- having to wait more than a year for the arrest of KR.

What took so long for KR to be arrested?

I think the answer is revealed in the AA: It wasn't until May 2, 2023, that authorities interviewed the acquaintance of KR identified only as CL, and received confirmation that CL supplied the lethal drugs to KR that caused the death of her husband...

And KR was arrested and charged with ER's murder six days later!

View attachment 421233
It’s kind of interesting that she had connections with a drug dealer in the first place. I wonder what she was getting from him prior to her murder scheme. I guess when it comes to finding someone who deals with illegal drugs word just gets around.

Very interesting body language here: KR goes on the local lifestyle program (that's filmed live) to promote her "grief book" and she doesn't take off her coat. o_O And we also learn that she's told close acquaintances that Eric died suddenly of a brain aneurysm.

Turns out she was definitely 'covering up' for a reason....

I'm behind. She assaulted Eric's sister?!

Summit County mom arrested for husband's murder

ETA: A quote from the linked report

Kouri closed on the home the day after Eric’s death. That same day she invited friends over for what a search warrant called “a large party at her home where she was drinking and celebrating.”

The warrant goes on to say she “assaulted” Eric's sister, who showed up to the home.

“Up until that point, according to the family, Kouri had no idea she had been replaced in the will and Eric’s sister was put in charge of his estate, including the home, which made her financially unstable,” the warrant states.

On March 28, a few weeks after Eric’s death, Kouri sued Eric's sister for control over his estate. She claims their prenuptial agreement entitles her to the money, family home and other assets.
MONEY was the motive. She had no idea she'd been removed from the will, and she wanted his estate. Given that his family was influential, I imagine the estate was worth a pretty penny.

Since she sued for control of the estate as granted in her prenup, I'm guessing the prenup stated that she would lose everything granted to her if the marriage ended in divorce.

Oh ok. That explains why I couldn’t find any record of the “other” couple owning the property. Thanks for clearing that up!
The only other thing, is I thought Eric refused to sign to purchase the property, so it wasn’t closed on until after his death. The article stated he died shortly after closing. Perhaps it’s just an error.

“The couple had intended to finish construction and move into the home until the husband unexpectedly passed away shortly after closing the sale on the property.”

It wasn't really a piece of investigative journalism so the reporter had no reason to independently research Eric's date of death, actual closing date, etc. Presumably, the writer just spoke with Kouri who lied about when the closing occurred.

Yes, it's the nypost ;)
Actually no fluff article, imo.

“I just wanted some story to read to my kids at night and I couldn’t find anything that suited them, so I was like, ‘Let’s just write one,’” Richins said.

She told the hosts she began researching “to try and understand not only how to grieve as a widow, as a wife, but also with my kids, how to help them, how to help them understand what just happened.”

During the interview, Richins described the “three C’s” she wrote about — “connection, continuity and care.”

She said “connection” is the most important component, which teaches kids that the spirit of the deceased loved one “is always in your home.”

Another spouse poisoning a couple of months ago.

We had one in CA right around that same time, a doc who said she was trying to kill ants.

KAMAS, Utah (Scripps News Salt Lake City) — Newly obtained court documents related to a Utah murder investigation reveal that the suspect’s now-deceased husband believed she tried to poison him before, and he changed his life insurance policy shortly before his death.

Kouri Richins, 33, was charged Monday with the murder of her husband, 39-year-old Eric Richins. Eric passed away in March 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper