UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watched her being interviewed about her book I thought to myself she does not look like she experienced grief, or that it was a painful period, and I wondered if the interviewers thought at the time there was something not right with her demeanor, but I don't know if that's just with hindsight. I would love to have watched it without knowing about the charges against her. She just seemed as if she wasn't feeling anything that she was describing, disconnected I think would describe it.
I can see that but people who have gone through stuff can appear that way. Honestly I don’t see anything that stands out much. I think we want to see something because the thought that someone this dangerous can appear so normal is disconcerting.

I'm trying to catch up. All your posts are of great help. Thank You.

Is this for real? It looks and sounds like a spoof. The Mozart strings are an extreme mismatch :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. It all started to look like some kind of parody of real estate videos.

I already sorta hate that I am going to say this but if someone were not horrifically murdered and children scarred forever, this thread would be the levity needed after some of the news and events of this week, and it is only Wednesday. And by levity, I simply mean the sheer unmitigated audacity this person has repeatedly shown - it is interesting fodder for investigators and "sleuths" for sure. I am wishing there were all sorts of different emojis for some of the awesome insights and comments here

She really had this dear lady fooled, but sociopaths and cons are often known for their charm. Interesting that she told her that Eric died of a brain aneurism....
Holy Moly, the woman who introduced them did not see the evil speck in Kouri's greedy eyes that was there all along it would seem.

I can't see how she was sincerely a good person before. It's not possible that this diabolical plan, and cruelty, grew out of a truly sweet person. I agree with you, @neesaki, she conned people with the sweet act. She must not have a shred of empathy or be capable of remorse. IMO, she wrote a book and gave interviews with blood on her hands.

I know it's silly, but I don't trust the way she parts her hair, and wears coat or jackets often. I said I know it's silly.

This all MOO.

Holy Moly, the woman who introduced them did not see the evil speck in Kouri's greedy eyes that was there all along it would seem.

I can't see how she was sincerely a good person before. It's not possible that this diabolical plan, and cruelty, grew out of a truly sweet person. I agree with you, @neesaki, she conned people with the sweet act.

I know it's silly, but I don't trust the way she parts her hair, and wears coat or jackets often. I said I know it's silly.

This all MOO.
Agree. She happily saw this romance take off. I picture her as a slightly older auntie type. But very sad to be confronted by it all being a mirage. I hope she doesn't lose faith in love and romance.

Your statement on trusting the way she parts her hair and wearing coats and jackets often puzzled me a bit. Other than interview in the coat with the hood, what caught your eye? Just wondering.

he warned them that if anything happened to him she was to blame. According to a sister, Eric and his wife went to Greece a few years ago and after his wife gave him a drink he became violently ill and called his sister saying he believed his wife had tried to kill him. On Valentine's Day of 2022, his wife brought him a sandwich, which after one bite Eric broke into hives and couldn't breathe," the warrant states.
Shades of Charles Vallow.

I'm deeply confused about cases where someone has warned other people that their spouse might kill them, and yet they stay in the marriage trying to make it work...wouldn't you at least throw away any food or drink this person served you?

Perhaps people who have been married understand this? Do marriages go through a phase, where you believe your spouse is trying to kill you, but counsellors advise sticking with it because 'this too shall pass'?

JMO

Is this for real? It looks and sounds like a spoof. The Mozart strings are an extreme mismatch :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. It all started to look like some kind of parody of real estate videos.

Given the CAD automation was uploaded to YT less than two weeks following the husband's murder, no, I don't think it a joke, and probably the brainchild of KR.

It's not as if this compound is located in Los Angeles County, but in Summit County, UT, and the seller now desperate to expose the potential to a ready investor.

I can't see how she was sincerely a good person before. It's not possible that this diabolical plan, and cruelty, grew out of a truly sweet person. I agree with you, @neesaki, she conned people with the sweet act. She must not have a shred of empathy or be capable of remorse. IMO, she wrote a book and gave interviews with blood on her hands.

This all MOO.
Glad someone else mentioned!
Her low slung part side-wall gave me a rash

...Your statement on trusting the way she parts her hair and wearing coats and jackets often puzzled me a bit. Other than interview in the coat with the hood, what caught your eye? Just wondering.
Remember, I did admit it was silly of me to not trust her due to her side part and wearing of jackets all the time, but I just felt it made her look like she was trying to hide something. That's a weird side part, like a "comb-over".

1683749930374.png..1683750507213.png1683749751785.png

Last edited:

I'm deeply confused about cases where someone has warned other people that their spouse might kill them, and yet they stay in the marriage trying to make it work...wouldn't you at least throw away any food or drink this person served you?

Perhaps people who have been married understand this? Do marriages go through a phase, where you believe your spouse is trying to kill you, but counsellors advise sticking with it because 'this too shall pass'?

JMO

Here, I believe there were two forces at work: a father not wanting to lose custody of his very young sons-- and a "Church."

For all we know, she may have been seen as a great mother by others including ER.

And having just watched the CO, Stauch Trial, I think there's a bit of a psychological disconnect between being suspicious of your partner and actually believing you are in danger. JMO

Remember, I did admit it was silly of me to not trust her due to her side part and wearing of jackets all the time, but I just felt it made her look like she was trying to hide something. That's a weird side part, like a "comb-over".

View attachment 421298..View attachment 421299View attachment 421297

Yes, that part looks weird. Maybe for a thicker braid on the other side. Thanks for indulging me.
I do like to wear blazers and jackets but take the jackets off inside. Just wondering about it ...:rolleyes:

ER studied psychology in college, sounds like he had hoped to do something professionally with that degree. Another interesting tidbit in that he maybe had some insight about why people do what they do (stated loosely - psychology is broad)

5/10/23

According to a search warrant obtained by ABC4, Eric and Kouri had gone to Greece a few years before Eric’s death. After he allegedly became violently ill from a drink his wife had given him, Eric told a family member that he believed his wife tried to kill him.

Kouri allegedly attempted to kill Eric again, on Valentine’s Day 2022. The search warrant says Eric bit into a sandwich brought to him by his wife and he broke into hives and couldn’t breathe after one bite. He used his son’s epi-pen and took Benadryl before passing out for “several hours.” When he woke up, he reportedly called his business partner about the incident.

Eric had also reportedly changed his will and life insurance from Kouri to his sister. Eric was beginning to look to get a divorce from Kouri and wanted to make sure their three sons were taken care of.

$3.6M is a big motive for murder. Add to that his supposed refusal to sign purchase of house, an evil person would have had plenty of motive.
So sad. She couldn’t divorce him and get anything, so she murdered him.
I wonder what she would have done if he had told her he’d taken her out of his will.
I saw in the DM article I posted above, he had a prior divorce, so I think the only reason he hadn’t divorced her yet was because of the children. Maybe he was afraid for their lives! I’m thinking something along the lines of Darlie Routier, Laticia Staunch, etc. JMO

5/10/23

According to a search warrant obtained by ABC4, Eric and Kouri had gone to Greece a few years before Eric’s death. After he allegedly became violently ill from a drink his wife had given him, Eric told a family member that he believed his wife tried to kill him.

Kouri allegedly attempted to kill Eric again, on Valentine’s Day 2022. The search warrant says Eric bit into a sandwich brought to him by his wife and he broke into hives and couldn’t breathe after one bite. He used his son’s epi-pen and took Benadryl before passing out for “several hours.” When he woke up, he reportedly called his business partner about the incident.

Eric had also reportedly changed his will and life insurance from Kouri to his sister. Eric was beginning to look to get a divorce from Kouri and wanted to make sure their three sons were taken care of.
It looks like she may have purchased drugs 3 times per the warrant. The February 11 incident could map to the Valentine's Day attempt and the February 26 incident with the final, fatal attempt. There was also one incident in January. It may be she was hoarding the amount of drugs for the VD attempt, or possibly, there was another attempt that is not known. All of those charges are with intent to distribute, which presumably means that she was probably not suspected of using herself. JMO.

JMO
I‘m curious what kind of con job she pulled to convince her victim it was safe to drink that Moscow Mule she made him. It must’ve been a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper