UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine learning that her inconvenient husband cut her out of his will wiped that fake smile right off her face.

If this goes to trial with a self-defense claim, she's gonna have a hard time explaining that loquacious over-the-top obituary.

Those poor kids.

I know it's silly, but I don't trust the way she parts her hair, and wears coat or jackets often. I said I know it's silly.
^^rsbm

OK, I'm familiar with this two-hour, live, weekday program on ABC/4 - Good Things Utah (GTU), and to see the hosts seated on the couch in full TV make-up and wardrobe, ready to feature this local author, KR, promoting a children's book about grief, who arrived wearing that hooded jacket and failed to remove it for taping, just SCREAMED to me this woman is hiding something more than a dirty, wrinkled shirt!

I don't know about the hair -- could be hiding a scar. It doesn't appear to be a natural part.

Marchelle’s official title is Executive Producer of Good Things Utah. In reality, Marchelle is the “Ring Master” of a the beloved, longest running “lifestyle TV show” in the state called “Good Things Utah.” Imagine being in charge of a three-ring circus that performs every weekday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Shades of Charles Vallow.

I'm deeply confused about cases where someone has warned other people that their spouse might kill them, and yet they stay in the marriage trying to make it work...wouldn't you at least throw away any food or drink this person served you?

Perhaps people who have been married understand this? Do marriages go through a phase, where you believe your spouse is trying to kill you, but counsellors advise sticking with it because 'this too shall pass'?

JMO
Agreed.
If they were faithful church members of FLDS, I thought divorce was a big "No no" ?
As in, the bishop would tell both of them they couldn't get one.
But, Eric had been divorced before, so maybe not members ?

I'm still so sorry he wasn't able to escape, and I agree with the theory that he maybe stayed for the children.
What IF -- she'd threatened him with harming the little ones if he tried to leave ?

I'm a bit curious what people who knew her in her early twenties or high school have to say about her.
Imo.

Clipped from article:

“Kouri claimed to have performed CPR on Eric, but fire and EMS first responders said that was unlikely, citing blood coming from his mouth.

During CPR, when responders asked where Eric’s medications were, warrants state she claimed not to know because “the maid just puts medications in random places.”

Kouri claimed her husband had a pain pill addiction in high school but no substance abuse issues since.

Friends and family told police they did not notice any behavior indicative of drug use, and no pain killers were found in the family home.

Suspicious circumstances

The search warrants obtained by investigators detail the suspicious circumstances leading up to the death.

One of Eric’s two sisters told investigators he had called her a few years ago from Greece. While he and Kouri were on vacation, a drink she handed him made him violently ill.

The sister alleged Eric believed Kouri had tried to kill him.

Eric holds a joint life insurance policy with his business partner Cody Wright. The two men ran the business C&E Stone Masonry.

A warrant states Kouri logged into the two men’s life insurance policy in January 2022 and changed the policy. She removed them as each other’s beneficiary and named herself as the policy’s only beneficiary.

When the insurance company notified the men of the change, they were able to change it back.”
She’s not the brightest bulb.

UPDATE: Utah woman who wrote book about grief following husband's death faces murder charge

"During CPR, when responders asked where Eric’s medications were, warrants state she claimed not to know because 'the maid just puts medications in random places.'” [BBM because, that is just SO rich!]

"Kouri claimed her husband had a pain pill addiction in high school but no substance abuse issues since."

"Friends and family told police they did not notice any behavior indicative of drug use, and no pain killers were found in the family home."

KR Pinterest.

Notice the wedding folder that was created 5 months ago. Why would a married woman of 9 years be pinning wedding pictures?

Odd. Or perhaps part of her plan for the compound was as a venue to host large weddings. Reality show? Or has a sister /friend been newly engaged?

I have a college friend who is not LDS but was a resident of Deer Park, UT, and planning her wedding caused her to go outside of UT for services. She definitely got the feeling 'Don't call us, we'll call you--IF we need the work.' And the wedding budget wasn't small! MOO

Was the company's name "Whoop dee doo", or something like that? I'm deep in the lees of the barrel that is my head, and it's too murky in there to come out with the exact syllables.
LuLaRoe was the best known clothing MLM in recent years.

The one person I knew personally who was involved in it got in it early, because she liked the clothing, and actually did quite well and fortunately got out before the clothing drastically declined in quality and things went sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar