UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank You, very sweet. I lost my mom earlier in 2018.
It has been almost 4 years.
I thought of the many that went missing before I took time away from this community and life.
After seraching for updates on those that I posted or commented on...I believe I am now finally able to contribute to websleuths again.
(((Hugs and Love)))

If Macin left on his own free will, thoughts on whether he did this spontaneously or planned it?
Surprised he took nothing with him...though he was depressed and possibly not thinking clearly if distraught. Hopefully, he did not commit suicide. I pray he is happy, safe, and thriving.
I hope in my heart of hearts that this is just an elaborate plan of his to start a new life. A few years ago I couldn’t see how anyone could just walk away from everything and never contact their loved ones again. I’ve struggled off and on with depression for most of life but after my mental health really began to deteriorate in early 2021, I understand it perfectly. If he felt as though he didn’t fit in with his family, as I’ve also experienced, for whatever reason and depending on what else he had going on mentally…it’s easy to picture him starting over without looking back. I’ve thought about it. Planned out how I would do it. As much as it hurts to think about this poor boy suffering so much that he would want to be someone completely different, mental pain can make you do things you never thought possible. Even if he had the perfect, most accepting parents (not saying anything against them, I don’t know them nor can I say for sure what they have or haven’t done for their son). Even if they did everything right, your mind can still play tricks on you. It can tell you terrible things and you believe those things. So short answer, yes. I definitely think he could’ve planned it. Can’t even let myself think about the alternative, it makes me too sad for Macin.

I hope in my heart of hearts that this is just an elaborate plan of his to start a new life. A few years ago I couldn’t see how anyone could just walk away from everything and never contact their loved ones again. I’ve struggled off and on with depression for most of life but after my mental health really began to deteriorate in early 2021, I understand it perfectly. If he felt as though he didn’t fit in with his family, as I’ve also experienced, for whatever reason and depending on what else he had going on mentally…it’s easy to picture him starting over without looking back. I’ve thought about it. Planned out how I would do it. As much as it hurts to think about this poor boy suffering so much that he would want to be someone completely different, mental pain can make you do things you never thought possible. Even if he had the perfect, most accepting parents (not saying anything against them, I don’t know them nor can I say for sure what they have or haven’t done for their son). Even if they did everything right, your mind can still play tricks on you. It can tell you terrible things and you believe those things. So short answer, yes. I definitely think he could’ve planned it. Can’t even let myself think about the alternative, it makes me too sad for Macin.
Agree and can relate.

...and I hope you are in a better place now.
(((Hugs and Love)))

Poor Macin, I'm really on the fence with this one. On one hand, I feel he took his own life..but the mother in me wants to believe he started a new life. Either way, I hope he is at peace. This case reminds me of Rico Harris..vanished!

DEC 5, 2022
Macin Smith

macin_smith.jpg

Utah teen Macin Smith was last seen on September 1, 2015, leaving his St. George, Utah home for what his parents believed was another day at Desert High School. The 17-year-old never showed up. All of his personal belongings, including his cell phone and wallet, were found at home. In the seven years since, family members have desperately searched for the young man. They continue to post on the 'Help Find Macin Smith' Facebook page and are offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to finding him. In November 2022, the St. George Police Department confirmed to Dateline that Macin's case is still an active missing persons investigation and that they follow up on any leads they receive. If you have any information that can help find Macin, please contact the St. George Police Department at (435) 627-4300.

One thing I’ve witnessed over the years is how much the bluff behind the home (they had at the time of Macin’s disappearance) has changed. It used to be “in middle of the desert,” desolate, territory, and now is full of houses, paved paths, and much foot traffic. It’s almost unrecognizable to what it would have been in 2015. Even from the last large search (I believe it was 2018) so much has changed.
St. George, Utah is now one of the fastest growing metro areas in the US. It's been in the news a bit recently relative to the city's search for water: As St. George grows, where will its water come from?

Such a sad situation. Macin in pain, however he saw the solution to that. The family not knowing how he decided to end that pain.

Hiker finds human remains in Washington County​

A hiker called Washington County Dispatch around 2 p.m. yesterday after they located human remains. Police say they responded to the call and confirmed that the remains were in fact human.

Washington is close to St. George. Thinking of Macin today

After seeing "Macin" so many times I realized that it's an unusual spelling and is likely pronounced the same as "Mason".

This is sad all the way around. The human remains were found near Sheep Bridge Road, which (google maps) is closer to Hurricane and LaVerkin, but within about a half hour drive from St. George.

After seeing "Macin" so many times I realized that it's an unusual spelling and is likely pronounced the same as "Mason".

This is sad all the way around. The human remains were found near Sheep Bridge Road, which (google maps) is closer to Hurricane and LaVerkin, but within about a half hour drive from St. George.
@Darling136 has posted on another thread. The remains are not Macin, but a missing woman who has her own thread here: Miriam Salgado.

Woman's remains found in southern Utah identified as aunt of Elizabeth Salgado

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back