UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bratt-Smith spoke exclusively to Gephardt Daily:

“It’s still so raw, even after 11 months,” she said. “We will always exercise hope until we are informed otherwise.

“Initially when Macin went missing both Darrin and I thought it was a temporary situation and that he was ‘taking a break’ from his life for a bit and would be back in a day or two. This hell we live in was something that happened to ‘other people,’ not our family.

“If anything, this scenario has taught us that it could happen to anyone. We have so much empathy for those that have lost loved ones, whether runaways or abduction. It is the most helpless feeling not being able to help or resolve a family member’s pain.”
http://gephardtdaily.com/top-storie...ith-speaks-about-loss-we-are-all-left-behind/

It's hard to believe that he has been gone a full year without a trace. It seems the family is resigned to the fact that he ran away. But how could he realistically do that without any money? He must be working somewhere. I wonder if he ever made it back to Canada where the family had moved from. If so, you would think that friends of the family would know his parents were looking for him and contact his mom. Someone has to know something.

His family participated in an event for the homeless with the goal of finding missing persons while helping the homeless at the same time: http://www.good4utah.com/news/top-s...omeless-as-way-to-help-locate-missing-persons

Bratt-Smith said the paper sacks were filled with food and came adorned with a photo of Macin and a hand written note specifically addressed to him. The idea is really quite simple.

"The homeless get informed there is someone amongst them that is missed dearly by their family," Bratt-Smith said. "If they recognize the individual they seem more than willing to share that info while we are out distributing the lunches," Bratt-Smith said. "They created a Salt Lake chapter recently and this was our first distribution of feeding the homeless of Salt Lake. It was a fantastic experience."

Bratt-Smith said they received a couple of tips that have given them some hope that Macin could still be alive and all the leads are being followed up on.

13 MONTHS ON: Mom of missing teen Macin Smith speaks about possible sightings of her son
The mother of missing St. George teenager Macin Smith is convinced her son is still alive.

Tracey Bratt-Smith has told Gephardt Daily many times that she believes Macin, who went missing 13 months ago, is out there somewhere.

From the number of possible sightings there have been of her youngest son, who was 17 when he went missing, it would seem possible she is correct in her assumption.

Every time there is a sighting, the tight-knit family endures a roller coaster of emotions until that lead is checked out. It’s a process the family has become more accustomed to, but as time goes on, it doesn’t get any easier, and thus far, for every surge of hope, a crushing disappointment has followed when the sighting turns out not to be Macin.

“Every day I wake up I am reminded that the nightmare is real. My son is gone. He may be gone for the remainder of my life.”

So writes Tracey Bratt-Smith, the mother of missing St. George teenager Macin Smith, in a heart-wrenching open letter to the some 15,000 members of a Facebook group set up to help find him.

The 18-year-old has been missing 14 long months, and Bratt-Smith has talked to Gephardt Daily about almost every aspect of her son’s disappearance, including how intensely challenging the holiday season is.
http://gephardtdaily.com/local/14-m...ssing-teen-macin-smith-the-nightmare-is-real/

Oh how heartbreaking :(

He's 18 now, if he did runaway he can come back, live a life of his choice or even just contact LE to let his poor family know he is okay :(

I have a 6"4 200 pound son age 17 (usually.... He has cancer right now) his face doesn't look much different than this.

cvaldez, I was reading back to catch up on this story but just had to say, I hope your son has overcome his cancer and is healthy and happy.

Parents of missing St. George teen Macin Smith announce last search of the year

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/parents-of-missing-st-george-teen-macin-smith-announce-last-search-of-the-year/

The parents of missing St. George teen Macin Smith have announced the last search of the year for their son as the 15-month anniversary of his disappearance approaches.

The family has worked with professional search organization Red Rock Search and Rescue and police to bring him home. There is even a $10,000 reward in place, offered for information leading to his safe return. In January, Macin’s story will be featured on the Investigation Discovery Channel documentary series “Disappeared.”

"We are putting together the possibly the last search for 2016. If you are local [to St. George], physically in good health and available this Saturday from 10 a.m.-noon please meet at the Historic Seegmiller Barn [2450 S. 3000 East] and we will search the one area that has been a menace to do on our own.

Please wear high boots and clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. Darrin’s tried many times to go through the brush and I know if we can get a group together we can rule out this area once and for all. It’s an area that each time I drive by, my heart sinks as I wonder if that is the key that will provide answers before the holiday. So please if you will, join Darrin and I this weekend."

"Darrin’s tried many times to go through the brush and I know if we can get a group together we can rule out this area once and for all. It’s an area that each time I drive by, my heart sinks as I wonder if that is the key that will provide answers before the holiday. "

I hope and pray that they find Macin. I've always felt that he is close to home, and based on what has been reported (including the note he left), sadly, that he is no longer with us; his has been a fairly high-profile case, and given his 6'4" stature, he would be hard to miss.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but do the Smiths own any guns, and if so, are any of them missing? Or anything else one might use in ending his/her life, such as a rope or meds?

[h=1]Exclusive: Mom of missing St. George teen says hope continues as last search of year bears no results[/h]
11988726_10153547115251071_2191445927543830896_n-696x522.jpg

ST. GEORGE, Utah, Nov. 20, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — Though the final search of the year for missing teen Macin Smith did not bear results, his mother says that simply ruling out an area of the challenging terrain surrounding St. George helps her keep hope alive.
http://gephardtdaily.com/local/excl...nues-as-last-search-of-year-bears-no-results/

It's good that the search brought back nothing. I know it means extended limbo for the family but hopefully it just means Macin is out there, alive & well just finding himself.

Utah teen Macin Smith was last seen on September 1, 2015, leaving his St. George, Utah home for what his parents believed was another day of high school. The 17-year-old never showed up to Desert High School. All of his personal belongings, including his cell phone and wallet, were found at home. In the year since, family members have desperately searched for the teen, who police have classified as a juvenile runaway. Hundreds continue to post almost daily on the 'Help Find Macin Smith' Facebook page. There have been multiple reports of possible sightings of Macin, but none has proved credible.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

macin_smith_update_final_5823e3f23eb41cb6b46de7ea30f1ac2e-nbcnews-ux-2880-1000_92076ded4e6b47c7aa83c7c61a2fc0d6.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989
Back