Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone could quickly clear something up for me from the press conference yesterday. I missed part of it and checked WS only on and off yesterday. I’m trying to get things straight in my mind.
Did they say that AA’s phone pinged in Logan Canyon on the 25th and that’s what led them to search for her body there? If true, then 1) he kept her partially burned body in his house for a week? and 2) he disposed of the body only after LE questioned him?
or he returned to the burial site and covered her a bit better? They haven't released his entire week of cell phone pings that I have seen - Just that one which led them to her body IIRC.

If someone could quickly clear something up for me from the press conference yesterday. I missed part of it and checked WS only on and off yesterday. I’m trying to get things straight in my mind.
Did they say that AA’s phone pinged in Logan Canyon on the 25th and that’s what led them to search for her body there? If true, then 1) he kept her partially burned body in his house for a week? and 2) he disposed of the body only after LE questioned him?
I presume her body remained in the backyard burn area that LE dug up. MOO

Because of his "perversions" I suspect a murder was part of his plan. jmo
But he sure as heck didn't have an end game in place once she was dead so that gives me pause.

The poor execution of body disposal is common. Murderers are either so focused on the murder that they don't plan the disposal. Or they find their disposal plan too difficult to carry out.

We don't know where ML was from the time she left Hatch Park until the time she was located EXCEPT that some of her tissue, bone, and hair were found on his property. LE hasn't released any further information/details relative to a timeline. IMO.

ALL of this. Which would make a VA loan not so impossible. IMO

I understand that, and I saw the discussion. But if there is so much confusion (within the military, his peers, media, etc.), he may have been able to "dupe" someone into giving him a VA loan. He had everyone convinced he was basically a vet. Just something that's been nagging at me and this rekindled it. moo

TBH, I don't think he has anyone convinced he was a vet other than the news media who wants to sensationalize anything about this horrible situation. You'll note that in any shooting, media will often report that the person was a veteran and the person actually wasn't.

This guy wore gym clothes to a couple of weekend national guard drills and then flunked out before going to basic. He probably could run or do pushups, whined that it "hurt," and somebody in the Utah Guard said this guy is a loser and will never make it. Could also be mental too.

Military records in the US are all online. Even if he faked a record on paper, he couldn't get a VA loan because the electronic data wouldn't verify.

Separately, I'll note that it looks like he lost his help desk job in August 2018. What was he doing to live?

JUL 11, 2019
Gruesome details revealed in slaying of Utah college student
[...]

A freshly dug site was found by Ajayi's garage. It was there that police found a human bone, part of a scalp with hair, a phone and charred personal items, Gill said.

Ajayi's neighbor told police he or she saw a fire in a pit in the suspect's yard and that Ajayi allegedly poured gasoline on it, Gill said.

The neighbor noteda "horrible smell" coming from Ajayi's yard, Gill said.

A gasoline can was found in the trunk of his car, Gill said.

[...]

Article Updated JUL 11, 2019
Aggravated murder charge, other counts filed against man accused of killing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck
[...]

Asked about the time lag between the burning at Ajayi’s home and this visit to Logan Canyon, Gill declined to comment.

The canyon is two hours north of Salt Lake City. He did not comment on where he believes Lueck was killed. Ajayi attended Utah State University, which is located in Logan, near the canyon.

Ajayi’s initial court appearance has been scheduled for Monday. His defense attorney, Maren Larson, did not immediately return a call from The Salt Lake Tribune.

[...]

I’m not going to knock how consenting adults get their rocks off but I think you are right for the vast majority of people, even in the fetish scene. Like what would be the point? No “dangerous” clanging, no interesting “locking” mechanism, etc.

Maybe I’m too square but I can’t even see how soft ropes with zip ties for reinforcement (the least threatening combo of the materials I, personally, can think of) would be exciting.

Zip ties are the new handcuffs. They are much more handy and cheap to buy than handcuffs. You can buy zip ties at home depot or the dollar store. You won't find hand cuffs there. And I m pretty sure what AA had planned was not your typical consensual bondage session. Handcuffs are for play, zip ties are for serious or criminal activities.

The Salt Lake Tribune on Twitter
On the front page: The @USWNT is greeted by “USA!” chants at a ticker tape parade; the man accused of killing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck faces aggravated murder charges; and Utah political leaders call for unity in the wake of a violent protest. Read more
D_MyZLBXUAAjzd2.jpg

8:01 AM - 11 Jul 2019

I know I'm a rubber band kind of person (rubber band was patented in England on March 17, 1845), but who keeps an inventory of zip ties around?

I really hate this topic....

I'm not into any wild stuff and I have zip ties of every size and length. I also have a lot of different types of rope. I don't see how a homeowner wouldn't have this.

JUL 10, 2019
Police return to MacKenzie Lueck murder suspect's home with new warrant
[...]

Salt Lake City Police said the warrant was part of their ongoing investigation, but could not immediately comment about what was retrieved.

A 2News crew at the scene observed investigators load several bags into crime scene vans around 5:30 p.m.

[...]

Police had previously served several search warrant’s at Ajayi’s home on 1000 West in Salt Lake City’s Fairpark neighborhood. Salt Lake City Police Det. Greg Wilking said additional search warrants may be issued in the case and it’s possible police will return to Ajayi’s home again.

Last edited:
I've been out of town and just read up on the PC and latest developments. :(

I think Kenzie knew AA previously simply because of her willing to meet him at the park at 3 am. LE knows the hows and whys IMO based on their texts and chats.

Sounds like he shot her or struck her with a sharp object 5 cm on the left side of the head, tried to burn her body, couldn't complete that being so close to neighbors and the smell, and then buried her body and belongings in the backyard until he moved them on the 25th.

Thank God the man's a complete idiot, I can't imagine how he thought he could get away with it. Delusional, or perhaps he didn't care if he got caught?? This is stupidity on a whole new level.

I'm so sorry for the Lueck's family members and friends, you know they are devastated by this horrible and evil news. The SLCPD has done an outstanding job in this case. These have been some of the most professional, organized PC's and updates I've seen in any WS case recently.

P.S. - Glad to hear "No deals have been made".

Someone in the earlier thread was asking about the mattress and box springs.

From what I recall the mattress was advertised to be given away for free on the Letgo site on either the 23rd or 24th of June. The box spring was advertised to be given away for free on a different site - the Facebook Salt Lake County Marketplace - on the 27th or so.

So both items were given away for free on two separate websites, several days apart. And yet when you look at the pictures in the listings, you can tell they were most likely taken at the same time.

Reference post:

Found Deceased - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

JMO, but it seems clearly an attempt to get rid of evidence.

There was a tweet later on which said that SLCPD was no longer looking for those items, that they'd been located. Maybe someone else can track that down?

And in the photos from yesterday when they went back with a new search warrant, the new bed was still propped right up against the house still.

Is he serious?! :confused:

JUL 11, 2019
Former prosecutor says Mackenzie Lueck murder case is ‘lacking an eyewitness’
[...]

The questions, according to former prosecutor and current defense attorney Kent Morgan, are many.

“Is this truly all they have?” said Morgan.

He says cell phone evidence is not witness testimony, which could make the case harder to prove.

“All of this evidence is lacking an eyewitness as to what happened. All of this evidence requires you to draw inferences from the forensic evidence,” said Morgan.

“What we have is geek evidence — that shows where phones are. What we have is post-death evidence that shows where the deceased was and what happened to the deceased. What we’re missing is who did it. And what was the motive for it?” said Morgan.

[...]

Is he serious?! :confused:

JUL 11, 2019
Former prosecutor says Mackenzie Lueck murder case is ‘lacking an eyewitness’
[...]

The questions, according to former prosecutor and current defense attorney Kent Morgan, are many.

“Is this truly all they have?” said Morgan.

He says cell phone evidence is not witness testimony, which could make the case harder to prove.

“All of this evidence is lacking an eyewitness as to what happened. All of this evidence requires you to draw inferences from the forensic evidence,” said Morgan.

“What we have is geek evidence — that shows where phones are. What we have is post-death evidence that shows where the deceased was and what happened to the deceased. What we’re missing is who did it. And what was the motive for it?” said Morgan.

[...]
these people always seem to come out - and say outrageous things IMO. They have evidence that IMO only points to him. I hate these quotes and wish MSM would just not publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky