Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Hatch Park. Hopefully this means they're a bit closer to finding out just what happened. They were canvassing an apartment complex right across the street from this park (Hatch Park), but maybe she was just meeting someone there, and not sticking around. It is a pretty convenient location, right off the freeway. IMO, she met up with someone there that picked her up and they left together and went somewhere.

I was frustrated at the lack of progress, until I realized that law enforcement has only had this case since Friday.

The fact that they haven’t been able to delve into her social media and phone records, explains why this case hasn’t been resolved yet, or turned into something else entirely.

Once law enforcement gets that information, I think we’ll see things happen very quickly.

The answer has to be there.

Detectives revisit location where MacKenzie Lueck was last seen; hampered in searching phone and social media records

SABBM:
Since she’s an adult and there’s no evidence of foul play, detectives are limited in what and where they can search -- in particular things like phone records, social media accounts and bank records.

"Initially we were limited, again as time goes on it's going to open some of those avenues up to more investigative tools, the longer she's missing the more opportunity we have to look into those sort of things," Sgt. Brandon Shearer with the Salt Lake City Police Department said.

This has got to be so frustrating. Sure, she is an adult, but she literally just vanished after going to a park at 130/2am... If that isn't mysterious circumstances, then I don't know what is. I just wish they had more legal recourse right now instead of waiting. Isn't time of the essence here?

Originally posted in the last thread by @HayLouise

Erin Cox on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: @slcpd detectives return to the area in N. Salt Lake they say Mackenzie Lueck’s Lyft driver dropped her off. They’re also knocking doors in the area to see if anyone saw anything. “Our concern is extremely high right now,” said Sgt. Brandon Shearer. @fox13
D919lCVVUAQJ1Tx.jpg

11:23 AM - 24 Jun 2019

I think this could be Tunnel Springs Park based on the tennis courts. ?
Google Maps

ETA, Nope - looks more like Hatch Park. Thanks, @yellowmoose

Hatch Park: Google Maps
So, what are we thinking, maybe meeting someone in the parking lot there at the park?

Maybe it was close to the person's home...but they didn't Lyft to drop her off at their house for some reason?

JMO.

This has got to be so frustrating. Sure, she is an adult, but she literally just vanished after going to a park at 130/2am... If that isn't mysterious circumstances, then I don't know what is. I just wish they had more legal recourse right now instead of waiting. Isn't time of the essence here?

Time is of the essence, but the law is the law.

That has to be frustrating as hell for law enforcement.

The key is in the door, but they can’t turn it.

I was frustrated at the lack of progress, until I realized that law enforcement has only had this case since Friday.

The fact that they haven’t been able to delve into her social media and phone records, explains why this case hasn’t been resolved yet, or turned into something else entirely.

Once law enforcement gets that information, I think we’ll see things happen very quickly.

Indeed. My concern is if whoever with whom she may have met up may have covered his/her tracks electronically as far as devices and IP.

—-

Another consideration here is who else’s phone pinged off the same tower in the same area?

What towers are in that area?

Did anyone turn their phone off? He may have kept it on as he was awaiting her arrival. If so, it could have been a burner phone which doesn’t provide much info.

Going with the theory that she met someone who was in a car, I think it's a huge clue that the person she met didn't pick her up from the airport. Who wouldn't do that? A cad and/or someone who didn't want to be on camera at the airport (which is full of cameras).

It was essentially the middle of the night - pick her up from the airport! Unless, you don't care about her or had specific plans to avoid doing that....which seems to be the case.

It's further a clue that the destination seems to be a park. It could've easily been a parking lot at a business or an all-hours place....but those types of places have cameras and often bright lighting.

This is not good, imo. I wish we knew what the Lyft driver had to say.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more

Exactly! However, I’m a little more concerned for her wellbeing now because it seems that LE is more concerned. JMO she should’ve reached out to someone by now... anyone!

This location looks a lot like Hatch Park. I am not positive however. Any other locals?
After walking it via google earth, it does indeed look like Hatch Park. A lot of the same characteristics. Green turf on tennis courts, black lamp posts, varying trees in front of buildings. I can’t say for sure, but the location does not look like other parks in the area. MOO

It sounds like LE is in a real Catch-22 here.

Time is of the essence in missing person's cases.

But it sounds like they can't get a judge to sign off on warrants for ML's phone records until enough time has elapsed that it really looks like something criminal has occurred.

LE's probably chomping at the bit right now.

JMO.

Hatch is the first park off the highway. It's next to the NSL police station, some apartments, and an older neighborhood.

Might she have chosen this location because it was near a police station?

I’m always amazed how many crimes occur near police stations. I had my vehicle broken into right by a police station.

Indeed. My concern is if whoever with whom she may have met up may have covered his/her tracks electronically as far as devices and IP.

—-

Another consideration here is who else’s phone pinged off the same tower in the same area?

What towers are in that area?

Did anyone turn their phone off? He may have kept it on as he was awaiting her arrival. If so, it could have been a burner phone which doesn’t provide much info.

Easier said than done, and it’s not typical.

Tinder cooperates with authorities, so if she was meeting up with a person, there will be information available.

The same goes for social media accounts and her cell phone records (numbers she may have called or texted).

Get the warrants, and this should all fall into place.

Originally posted in the last thread by @HayLouise

Erin Cox on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: @slcpd detectives return to the area in N. Salt Lake they say Mackenzie Lueck’s Lyft driver dropped her off. They’re also knocking doors in the area to see if anyone saw anything. “Our concern is extremely high right now,” said Sgt. Brandon Shearer. @fox13
D919lCVVUAQJ1Tx.jpg

D919lCTVUAcsGhs.jpg

11:23 AM - 24 Jun 2019

I think this could be Tunnel Springs Park based on the tennis courts. ?
Google Maps

ETA, Nope - looks more like Hatch Park. Thanks, @yellowmoose

Hatch Park: Google Maps

If they’re going door to door in the neighborhood, why are they not doing things like releasing the place where she was dropped off, or saying what she was wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore