Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find mildly interesting, is how massive her checked bag was. This has my wheels turning as to why so big, although I realize some people pack HEAVY. This was just a weekend trip.

This also gives us a clue as to the interaction between either she and the Lyft driver or all three: POI, ML, LD. She couldn't have just popped out of the Lyft and hopped over to the waiting vehicle. There were serious ride share logistics involved. I'm sure the driver even got out to help her... I would very much like to learn what the driver saw in detail. And I would love to question the driver.

Yes. I felt her bag was super big for what she needed to take. That thing is huge. But the first time I saw it was the first time I felt it was possible that she disappeared herself.

To get that in the pick up person’s car it would have needed to go in the trunk or back seat. I hope the backseat because opening the door to the back seat would have revealed if anyone was hidden there to sneak attack her (which is what I believe Tammy Moorer did to HE). If the backseat door was opened it would likely mean a third person wasn’t in the car to kill her.

Well, if the person she met was indeed one of her SD's, I'm thinking it was his idea to meet at that specific time and place. It posed the least risk of being seen.
I think it's also possible that he supplied her with a phone to be used only for communication between the two of them.
If he is responsible for her disappearance, then it seems that he took careful measures to ensure he can't be easily tracked down.
I hope LE is successful with their search of her SM and cellphone data. Imo

I really like that theory that this SD could have provided her with a special phone to contact him. If this is the case it would be extremely difficult for LE to track him down. They would have to go back to whenever they first met, assuming it was on MacKenzie's original phone some time ago, which would take a lot more digging. Good theory here and would explain a lot of the confusion with LE not being able to track him very easily.

One thing that is cause for positive thoughts is that they just got the warrant for her cell phone yesterday, as well as getting or attempting to get warrants pertaining to SM sites and profiles. I imagine it would take a decent amount of time to sift through these things and follow up on any leads stemming from those searches. Hopefully things get propelled forward in the next day or two.
Exactly. And I would add that the timing of the FBI's involvement is no coincidence. MOO

I don't think we know who provided the clothing description. Possibly her parents? I think it's close though (to what she was wearing in the airport photos). I'd say those are yoga pants and not leggings from what I can tell. It could be that whoever gave the description didn't know the difference. MOO
BBM

I agree...leggings are a lot tighter on a person. The pants look like yoga pants or joggers. Not relevant really but does change the description of what she is wearing somewhat.

Anyone remember the case here of the two women that were found in suitcases? Not sure if it was in Illinois, Michigan or Wisconsin a few years ago. It turned out that the perp was an ex-cop who was into BDSM and these women had willingly traveled to meet him so he could dominate every aspect of their lives.

One of my theories is that this could be a similar situation, but whoever she met had different expectations then she did. (That’s all I will say here due to TOS)

Edit to add link to that case: WI - WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

Last edited:
Hi all, I am just peeking in here and have not read back through all the posts. I caught a LEO on Fox this morning that was saying that if she is out there they would like her to contact local PD or them just to let them know she is safe, etc. I got the impression that they think there is a possibility she doesn't want to be found? I only caught the end of it, I recalled seeing her name on the banner at the top of WS, so had to come and see what you all think.
I think it's more likely whoever picked her up does not want her to be found.
By all accounts, she would never go off for so long without telling somebody.
She missed her exams, work, a wedding, and apparently would have never left her cat alone for that long.
She is not known to be irresponsible, however she is described as positive, free-spirited, and very trusting of people. Imo

Does anyone else find it odd that LE don't even have one POI at this point?

I think it’s likely at this stage—LE having gotten the warrant on her phone about 24 hours ago, and who knows about social media—that they have multiple POIs, but none at a stage where they want to go public with the name.

I’d say that anyone she made contact with through a dating app is a POI at this stage, even if the contact never developed into a relationship. Then there’s exes, people she worked with, people at her school, friends...

Yes. I felt her bag was super big for what she needed to take. That thing is huge. But the first time I saw it was the first time I felt it was possible that she disappeared herself.

To get that in the pick up person’s car it would have needed to go in the trunk or back seat. I hope the backseat because opening the door to the back seat would have revealed if anyone was hidden there to sneak attack her (which is what I believe Tammy Moorer did to HE). If the backseat door was opened it would likely mean a third person wasn’t in the car to kill her.

I just find it a little hard to believe that ML would disappear on her own because A. she has a cat at home whom she loves! and B. She had another flight already booked to go to a friend's wedding.
Also, if I was on national news, and my entire family and friend group was extremely concerned about me, I would at least reach out and let someone know I was okay.

Also, the FBI is now involved...

Agree. Very plausible.

Heather Elvis, of course -- but also the more recent (and horrendous) Lucy McHugh case in the UK.

I wonder also about exes who remain friends. In difficult times reaching out to someone you're no longer with but are still attached to is pretty common (and understandable) and might explain the awkward timing and "plane clothes" meetup.

Finally, there's the possibility that whatever happened happened to both of them. Rare, but has occurred in a few cases, and might explain the lack of contact.

Anyone who was in one of these relationshipsn with or had even just “liked” her profile really should contact LE to get their information & alibis out there.

I think that things will move along much faster now that FBI is involved & there is access to her phone & social media info.

As someone said threads ago - I think she had rendezvoused before in that park before with the same person & that’s why she did not appear anxious or uncomfortable.

Plus, there are lots of very expensive and gated homes east of that area, so the park might actually be quite close to the perps domicile.

It doesn’t even have to be a SD/SB sort of thing for it to be dangerous (especially considering most aren’t sexual at all) so that part may not be a factor. Just because she did that doesn’t mean she didn’t also date in more conventional ways.

Plenty of men kill their pregnant girlfriends or someone they had a one night stand with simply because they don’t want a baby. This guy could have just been a regular relationship / FWB / whatever and maybe he was married and didn’t want to be caught? Maybe he has a career or reputation he thought would be trashed if he was caught cheating with a college student he knocked up.

You never know. But this has so many parallels to Heather Elvis so I can’t help but think it factored in.
And unfortunately many other cases where women were killed because they were pregnant.

I wish people would stop bringing this up....I am a female and do not find the size of her bag unusual at all. Women usually pack heavier than men (makeup, hair accessories, multiple outfits, etc.) Especially if we're going to an event that we need to dress nicely for, i.e. a funeral.

o
Agreed. I typically pack the same way for a weekend away. Nothing unusual in my mind.

Anyone remember the case here of the two women that were found in suitcases? Not sure if it was in Illinois, Michigan or Wisconsin a few years ago. It turned out that the perp was an ex-cop who was into BDSM and these women had willingly traveled to meet him so he could dominate every aspect of their lives.

One of my theories is that this could be a similar situation, but whoever she met had different expectations then she did. (That’s all I will say here due to TOS)

I have thought about this exact same thing as well.

Oh man I must have missed this theory but that’s a good one and makes sense. (The gated community one)

Gated communities usually have several entrances. One is manned 24/7 (just call the gatehouse and leave visitor’s name and approx time of arrival), others have scan capability for QR codes you email to your visitors or a keypad that they enter a specific code on to open the gate arm. If that were the case, the person wouldn’t have to meet her at another location to give her access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971