Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been a lot of speculation as to why ML was not picked up at the airport and had to use Lyft. It may be that someone was going to pick her up but when her flight was delayed, ML did not know exactly how long the delay would be and she texted them not to come rather than having them wait around the airport in the early morning hours. Once she landed, she may have volunteered to meet that someone halfway to make up for the lost time.
That makes a lot of sense and answers why she would agree to meet them there. Someone had mentioned in a earlier thread that she may have had to meet in the park because the person picking her up lived in a gated community near the park she wouldn't have access to.

If she was, indeed, on the Southwest flight we think she was, Southwest has wifi and it's pretty easy to confirm through a bank/cc account whether or not she purchased it. If she purchased it, she had the duration of the flight to message someone on any social media app or website and make plans, even while she was airborne. This would make sense with the whole "she messaged someone she'd planned to meet, or messaged someone to say let's meet" even at that hour. I am still leaning toward someone she'd met before and had some kind of relationship with (and I use 'relationship' loosely, I don't mean someone she was dating). MOO

Someone else said it too, but it appears to me that her eyes are swollen, like she may have been crying. Also, it may be way off, but when I first looked at that photo, it almost looks like she has 2 phones in her hand - I may be seeing things since we are talking about another possible phone...

Maybe she did have a cry on the plane, but also could have an allergic attack from the air in the plane.

The one good thing that I can think of from the screen shot of her SD/SB relationship history is that she has some experience. Hopefully this situation is much better than we think and she is experienced enough to know how to keep herself safe. I hope she just went dark on social media willingly. There absolutely has to be an online paper trail of her initial contact with this person.

I also wonder if any ever did reach out to her looking for advice on SB/SD relationships and what she may have said to them. May have answers to burner phone and/or her plans/history.

Thanks. I was using flights in general. I didn’t know about “Flight Aware.” I see it was a bit late arriving (and taking off), so she would have know at departure that it would arrive late. Lyft is probably scheduled real time, if it’s like Uber. May be a way to prebook. I cannot imagine there was no communication between her and the driver at the park. Jmo

You can pre-book a Lyft, I do it all the time. That said, even if she pre-booked, she could communicate a late arrival through the app even if she was airborne, just so long as she was on wifi.

I missed the press conference yesterday and had to catch up - which is super easy to do by checking in with the case media thread (linked on page 1 of every thread for this case). You can read the latest articles and then come back to the discussion pages and know what everyone is talking about.

I highly recommend checking with the media thread when you get behind on the case. And a big THANK YOU to the people who keep the media thread updated and organized!

jmo

BBM:
I completely missed this.
Does anyone have a link to that MSM article handy?

If parents actually stated the reason they haven't come to UT is they don't think she's there any longer, that's an indication that family believes she took off voluntarily.

If ML's parents actually believe that, it's likely based on some information family knows and has shared with LE, but not the public.

JMO.
Approx 9:50 mark:

Take a look at the parks location. It's right off 2 freeways more than likely she was meeting someone coming from outside slc area as this is basically on the outskirts and right off the freeway and easy to find if you are not from slc

I don’t think it’s odd that she didn’t talk to her parents but I cannot imagine a scenario where a Sorority girl is living with her girlfriends and none of them realizing she was gone, unless they are all just incredibly busy, maybe. But someone was taking care of the cat, and they didn’t think it was weird she never came back? I would bet that she was in regular contact with several friends while she was gone.

Maybe she has a history of being a bit of a flake and not coming home? I don’t know. But she had a job and they didn’t raise the alarm about her being missing from work? I think about Mollie Tibbets and how the warning bells went off so soon. I guess I just don’t get how this could happen.

Who eventually reported her missing?

BBM. Maybe KL regularly spent the night with different SD's and it wasn't uncommon for her to not come home at night.

I wonder if Southwest monitors user-history, since you agree to their TOS when you log in to their wifi. I wonder if it's possible to see a list of websites that were accessed on that flight? Probably not, and might not be useful, but who knows.

This part is hard to believe, unless they just haven't found the right account.

By this time, you'd think other people that have had 'contact' with her would have quietly stepped forward to provide info on the logistics (where'd they meet/how'd they communicate/what were the conditions). I can't believe that from the time she landed, until the time she got in the Lyft, that she wasn't in contact with the person in the park.
LE seems to believe the same thing you do and that's exactly why they are asking the public to come forward with any social media accounts they aren't aware of to secure warrants for them as well. Every 23 year old I know communicates with their friends via some sort of social media app. There are just so many and each one requires its own individual warrant to release the information to law enforcement.

I disagree. MOO but I think it was planned in advance. I think either she or the mystery person demanded to discuss something immediately and in person and things went poorly. I think maybe the person found out she was seeing other people and flipped out, or there was a pregnancy scare or something and the mystery person made ML disappear. I don’t think it was a premeditated murder and s/he just got super lucky that so much time passed before anyone reported ML missing.
Pregnancy scare sounds feasible. Most dangerous time for a woman. Especially in these situations. SDSB, or non exclusive, married man. Etc

BBM:
I completely missed this.
Does anyone have a link to that MSM article handy?

If parents actually stated the reason they haven't come to UT is they don't think she's there any longer, that's an indication that family believes she took off voluntarily.

If ML's parents actually believe that, it's likely based on some information family knows and has shared with LE, but not the public.

JMO.

Good points. This non-public information may be unflattering to ML, or possibly not particularly relevant in the parents eyes.

The flight from LAX landed 30 minutes late and you may be looking at Pacific time instead of Mountain time, when it actually landed.
I figured that. 1 hour time change. Usually airports list time at location so was accounted for. Anyway, it was a thought that occurred to me that might’ve required her to communicate with the person she was meeting.

Three days. I still cannot wrap my mind around how this girl lives with roommates and seems well liked by a lot of people but nobody noticed or was concerned that she didn’t turn up?

Normally I would agree, but a funeral/death in the family situation is one of few where that wouldn't inherently concern me if I were a roommate.

Those are fluid situations, easily subject to change timing-wise, plus if attempts at contact were not returned one could easily assume the person was already being inundated with well-wishes, etc and/or just did not want to talk, and it would be totally understandable.

Unfortunately this seems to have worked out really well for whoever is responsible (if anybody, but I believe somebody is). They were extremely, extremely lucky.

Unfortunately, I agree with several posters from last night and this morning that something nefarious has happened and she is no longer alive. Reminds me of the Grace Millane case last Nov. & Dec. Heartwrenching. However, I have every ounce of confidence that LE will solve this fairly quickly.
JMO

Last edited:
One thing I find mildly interesting, is how massive her checked bag was. This has my wheels turning as to why so big, although I realize some people pack HEAVY. This was just a weekend trip.

This also gives us a clue as to the interaction between either she and the Lyft driver or all three: POI, ML, LD. She couldn't have just popped out of the Lyft and hopped over to the waiting vehicle. There were serious ride share logistics involved. I'm sure the driver even got out to help her... I would very much like to learn what the driver saw in detail. And I would love to question the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay