Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea if she contacted anyone after the lyft ride? It doesn't sound like there is much attention at all for her disappearance IMO

AFAIK, even the Lyft ride is unverified info at this point....agreed that there's a real dearth of information about this disappearance so far.

All I can find online in terms of MSM is a couple of local news outlets reporting identical cursory info:

Salt Lake City woman, 23, reported missing

Hopefully, more MSM will pick up the story and the level of public awareness and interest will be raised.

JMO.

AFAIK, even the Lyft ride is unverified info at this point....agreed that there's a real dearth of information about this disappearance so far.

All I can find online in terms of MSM is a couple of local news outlets reporting identical cursory info:

Hopefully, more MSM will pick up the story and the level of public awareness and interest will be raised.

JMO.
I just posted the same- for a young woman missing - it's awfully quiet out there IMO

Any idea if she contacted anyone after the lyft ride? It doesn't sound like there is much attention at all for her disappearance IMO
It appears that her last contact was a text to her mother that she had landed in SLC, she got a Lyft, arrived at her (unknown) destination, and her friend says her phone is off. However, this is all based on comments at the Macin's Army site. MOO

It appears that her last contact was a text to her mother that she had landed in SLC, she got a Lyft, arrived at her (unknown) destination, and her friend says her phone is off. However, this is all based on comments at the Macin's Army site. MOO

Right...and as we all know, anyone can send a text.

Crickets so far from LE and MSM.

Usually, this is the type of story MSM loves to latch onto.
I anticipate that since a couple of local outlets have started to cover this, some national MSM will catch wind of it and pick it up.

MSM tends to feed off of each other in terms of which stories they choose to cover.
There's a lot of cut-and-paste reporting these days.

JMO.

Last edited:
My son graduated from high school with ML, and my younger son is good friends with her brother. I had just read in our local paper last week about her grandmother's passing. My younger son saw on Instagram that she was missing. Nice family, sweet girl, praying for them and hoping it's a voluntary side trip. I hadn't heard about a stroke.

My son graduated from high school with ML, and my younger son is good friends with her brother. I had just read in our local paper last week about her grandmother's passing. My younger son saw on Instagram that she was missing. Nice family, sweet girl, praying for them and hoping it's a voluntary side trip. I hadn't heard about a stroke.

Thank you for joining us here! I'm wondering if the stroke was in reference to Kenzie's grandmother who just died. It was a strange offhand comment I read. I have a feeling it was someone else in the family or someone else all together.

It looks like Kenzie's friends are mobilizing in SLC to hang her missing persons poster in various spots around town. They keep commenting that Kenzie was confirmed to have been on the flight. The police need information beginning from the time her plane landed early Monday morning. I really hope Lyft is cooperating with LE.

It looks like Kenzie's friends are mobilizing in SLC to hang her missing persons poster in various spots around town. They keep commenting that Kenzie was confirmed to have been on the flight. The police need information beginning from the time her plane landed early Monday morning. I really hope Lyft is cooperating with LE.

Lyft and Uber seem to be solid, in regards to providing records to law enforcement.

We just had an arson fire solved in my town, in large part due to Lyft records.

If she was using one of those services, they’ll know.

Lyft and Uber seem to be solid, in regards to providing records to law enforcement.

We just had an arson fire solved in my town, in large part due to Lyft records.

If she was using one of those services, they’ll know.

All of her friends are commenting that she used Lyft. It's probably just a matter of getting the records. They also need to check airport surveillance cameras and any other surveillance cameras on whatever her route was to her unknown destination. Hopefully Lyft can tell LE her destination. That seems to be the key right now.

ugh. I hope she's OK. I have a yuck feeling in my stomach about it tho. University of Utah... they've had issues in the past regarding safety of female students, I believe. (years ago)... IMO She's in great physical shape from her IG photos. I highly doubt she uses drugs or even sips alcohol.

MOO

ugh. I hope she's OK. I have a yuck feeling in my stomach about it tho. University of Utah... they've had issues in the past regarding safety of female students, I believe. (years ago)... IMO She's in great physical shape from her IG photos. I highly doubt she uses drugs or even sips alcohol.

MOO
I can't get Samantha Josephson (who used Uber, not Lyft) out of my head but hoping for a good outcome here. I'm glad to see she has a missing page now. MOO

I can't get Samantha Josephson (who used Uber, not Lyft) out of my head but hoping for a good outcome here. I'm glad to see she has a missing page now. MOO
Yes, and I also noticed that a reporter from a local Fox affiliate was reaching out to one of ML's friend's on SM.
Hopefully, we'll start to see some MSM info that we can actually discuss here.

Right now, we're starved for facts on this case.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes, and I also noticed that a reporter from a local Fox affiliate was reaching out to one of ML's friend's on SM.
Hopefully, we'll start to see some MSM info that we can actually discuss here.

Right now, we're starved for facts on this case.

JMO.

@Tricia is local to this case and she has been contacting the media today and the police. She was planning to ask them to contact Kenzie's friends and family on FB.

New here - just hopping on to hopefully add some info about Kenzie because I know her and we went to college together. (We were not the best of friends by any means, but we saw each other frequently and were always on good terms - but it has been awhile since I've seen her.) I know she was dating a guy 4-5 months ago (that most of her friends knew and I think is well liked), but I believe that ended (not sure on what terms) and as far as I know she is single. I don't know much about her romantic history.

I haven't heard anything about her having a stroke. We had a pretty solid friend group in college and I'm pretty sure that would have come up but I guess I could be wrong if she kept it low key maybe? I know her grandparents are LDS, I am not positive about her parents. I believe she is a member, but for the time that I have known her including all through college to my knowledge she was inactive. Her records are still in the church and she does have a ward that she belongs to in SLC but it is unclear whether or not she attends.

From what I know of Kenzie this is all pretty out of character behavior for her. For the last day or so there has been massive amounts of sharing and tagging her on social media, and it's been kind of shocking to our community that she hasn't reached out or made contact with anyone. She does attend the U - I'm not sure on her academic path but I'm assuming she's finishing up especially since she was enrolled in summer classes (one of which she had a midterm this week that she didn't show up for). I know she also has a job and if I recall has almost always had one although I don't specifically recall where. She was involved in her sorority in college which requires a certain GPA and reliable attendance at most meetings and events. She does have a big and a little as well (this is only possible with a certain GPA and attendance at events). I do recall that she attended a sorority/fraternity trip in August of last year to Lake Powell and she has been to Lake Powell on summer trips in the past and I do recall seeing her at parties/events in the past. It's easy to have conflicts in sorority groups but I rarely if ever remember hearing about her being in feuds or conflicts with other people.

But by all accounts and my personal opinion of knowing her, she is a responsible woman and wouldn't abandon all responsibilities on a whim. My biggest wonder knowing her is why she wouldn't call on one of her friends, her roommates, her big/little, or her sisters to pick her up from the airport. I know it was 1 a.m. which is a pretty inconvenient time - but she is well known and well liked so I have a hard time believing no one would be willing to pick her up. She might have just not wanted to inconvenience anyone is my guess. My understanding is someone either dropped her off at the airport when she left for California or she took an uber/lyft because her car is still at her home according to the Facebook information from her little. And she does have a cat whom she adores - and wouldn't leave behind or not taken care of which is also puzzling at this point.

Apologies for turning this into a novel - but I hope this helps piece together some info and give you all a better understanding of Kenzie. She was very loved and well liked. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have if any - to the best of my ability of what I know. Thanks for all you guys are doing here!

New here - just hopping on to hopefully add some info about Kenzie because I know her and we went to college together. (We were not the best of friends by any means, but we saw each other frequently and were always on good terms - but it has been awhile since I've seen her.) I know she was dating a guy 4-5 months ago (that most of her friends knew and I think is well liked), but I believe that ended (not sure on what terms) and as far as I know she is single. I don't know much about her romantic history.

I haven't heard anything about her having a stroke. We had a pretty solid friend group in college and I'm pretty sure that would have come up but I guess I could be wrong if she kept it low key maybe? I know her grandparents are LDS, I am not positive about her parents. I believe she is a member, but for the time that I have known her including all through college to my knowledge she was inactive. Her records are still in the church and she does have a ward that she belongs to in SLC but it is unclear whether or not she attends.

From what I know of Kenzie this is all pretty out of character behavior for her. For the last day or so there has been massive amounts of sharing and tagging her on social media, and it's been kind of shocking to our community that she hasn't reached out or made contact with anyone. She does attend the U - I'm not sure on her academic path but I'm assuming she's finishing up especially since she was enrolled in summer classes (one of which she had a midterm this week that she didn't show up for). I know she also has a job and if I recall has almost always had one although I don't specifically recall where. She was involved in her sorority in college which requires a certain GPA and reliable attendance at most meetings and events. She does have a big and a little as well (this is only possible with a certain GPA and attendance at events). I do recall that she attended a sorority/fraternity trip in August of last year to Lake Powell and she has been to Lake Powell on summer trips in the past and I do recall seeing her at parties/events in the past. It's easy to have conflicts in sorority groups but I rarely if ever remember hearing about her being in feuds or conflicts with other people.

But by all accounts and my personal opinion of knowing her, she is a responsible woman and wouldn't abandon all responsibilities on a whim. My biggest wonder knowing her is why she wouldn't call on one of her friends, her roommates, her big/little, or her sisters to pick her up from the airport. I know it was 1 a.m. which is a pretty inconvenient time - but she is well known and well liked so I have a hard time believing no one would be willing to pick her up. She might have just not wanted to inconvenience anyone is my guess. My understanding is someone either dropped her off at the airport when she left for California or she took an uber/lyft because her car is still at her home according to the Facebook information from her little. And she does have a cat whom she adores - and wouldn't leave behind or not taken care of which is also puzzling at this point.

Apologies for turning this into a novel - but I hope this helps piece together some info and give you all a better understanding of Kenzie. She was very loved and well liked. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have if any - to the best of my ability of what I know. Thanks for all you guys are doing here!

Thanks for that info, the more information the better.

As you can tell, we’re curious about everything.

Appreciate your input!

Thank you for your post and helping us to know more about Kenzie! I agree, it's unfortunate she didn't call a sorority sister or friend to pick her up....I wish she had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalynn72