Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't discuss finances a whole lot but she hasn't mentioned any issues there in the past. She does have a job and so there is money coming in.
yellowmoose, I have been on only a couple of WS threads that had Verified Insiders to their cases. One was evasive and the other one just got caught in one lie after another..... You are very helpful and good in your concern. Thank you very much for sharing with us .....moo

How often, in reality, do people actually just *walk away* from their life? Leaving work, school, exams, friends, pets, car, social media, an upcoming friend's wedding... no word to family, and completely shutting off phone. It's tempting to think this could have happened, because we all so much want Kenzie safe. But I don't know, I've never known a soul that did such a thing, myself. Have any of you?
Yes, I do. An acquaintance of mine's 16 year-old daughter (TJ) disappeared November 11, 2001 and reappeared in July 2011 - with absolutely no communication from TJ to any of her family or friends the entire time. Her mom was getting dinner ready and TJ had been asked to take some trash out. When mom called to two of the daughters (one was TJ) to set the table, TJ was nowhere to be found.

LE discovered a series of phone calls to a 35 y/o married man from the same town. Upon questioning he obtained an attorney and refused to cooperate. There were numerous theories - she ran away, was murdered by the married man after getting pregnant, human trafficking, etc.

Almost 10 years later, in July 2011, completely out of the blue, TJ called her mom as if nothing had happened. She returned home, telling several different stories about what happened and why she disappeared. No one really seems to know the truth. However, she ended up going back to the life she had been leading for the "missing" 10 years and, from the last I talked to the mom, only contacts her family "when she wants something".

During the 10 years she was missing, she never came up on any "radar" - no arrests, social media, use of social security number, etc. NOTHING!

Can’t think of any scenario where you would take a Lyft from an airport at 1am to a park with your luggage. Extremely odd indeed. She had to be up to something. I’m sure that Lyft driver has valuable information they gave LE. Waiting to hear more information on this one.

Married, easily recognized, never met before? Wonder how anonymous those sites are? I can't imagine her meeting someone with no way to leave unless she was familiar with them. JMO

These sites likely leave trails, moo.

Again the question is how anonymous the user may try to be with their IPs and devices.

Because they know she left the park, is my thought. She was returning from a trip, she had her luggage. If they felt she hung around the park don't you think they would be all over it? I believe they know she left, how they know it, I'm not sure.
Maybe the person she left with met her at a private location such as a park because of their marital status? Just brainstorming MOO
Well if it it's not a business and it's not a residence, then what is it? A river front free camping spot?

Hotels are businesses, convenient stores are businesses........

I had to skip a couple of pages but did see that it has been disclosed that she wasn’t dropped off at a residence or business and per her friends from the Finding group it was a park.

This information makes this situation much more dire and I’m afraid, difficult to solve. Hoping those phone records come in to LE sooner than later.

This is baffling. Hypothetically speaking, if she was dropped off at a park, why is LE not revealing that park name and location? Why are they not asking if anyone else in the park might have seen her? Why have there been no searches of the park? Why do they think she is no longer there? And even if she is no longer there, shouldn't LE at least search the park for evidence? :confused:o_O
Baffling indeed. I found this from NBC:

University of Utah student missing for a week after flying back from California
That Lyft car took Lueck to a spot in North Salt Lake, which is about 8 miles north of the University of Utah, police said. Investigators declined to reveal that address but said Lueck is no longer there and she hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore