Found Deceased UT - Merrilee Cox-Lafferty, 37, Cache County, 18 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you have severe epilepsy I don't think you can have a driver's license unless you go so long without a seizure. So, if she has a dl, I am assuming her epilepsy has been under control. I hope this is the case and she is just off grid enjoying life.

The link would not copy. It is Fox13utah. Presser today.

CACHE COUNTY, Utah – Police have made an arrest in the disappearance of a Cache County woman.

The Logan City Police Department stated in a press release that they have discovered Merrilee Cox-Lafferty deceased in Cache County.

Hyrum man accused of murdering woman missing nearly a month

Stacy Robert Willis, 41, of Hyrum was booked into the Cache County Jail Friday night for investigation of aggravated murder and other charges in connection with her death. Logan Police Chief Gary Jensen described Willis as a dangerous man with a violent history.

According to a newly unsealed search warrant, Cox-Lafferty traveled to Utah from California with her daughter to deliver drugs to Willis.

"Merrilee was bringing two large bags of marijuana from California to give to Rob to sell, so her mom could get money," the daughter told police in a Sept. 3 interview, according to the warrant.

Warrant reveals new details of northern Utah killing

'Not even man enough to own up': Utah judge orders 'pathetic' murderer to prison

"You have lied to investigators, blamed non-existent disorders and now you are not even man enough to own up to what you really did," 1st District Judge Kevin Allen wrote in a scathing statement directed at the 42-year old Stacy Robert Willis.

Allen ordered Willis to at least 15 years in prison but recommended a life sentence in the death of Merrilee Cox-Lafferty, 37, whose body was found in September in a shallow grave in Left Hand Fork Canyon.

In a conversation with investigators ahead of his sentencing, Willis claimed to have "outburst disorder" and said the death was a mistake, according to the judge. Investigators said he told a friend he beat Cox-Lafferty to death after she backed his SUV into a tree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianB65
Back