GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he may have drugged her around 1030 and went back before he picked up Ada (he was about 5 minutes late, I think) and found her over the side of the tub and then put her the rest of the way in and turned on the water.......

anything is possible since he was so close to work, home and Ada's school.

Here's another thought: It would have been easier to lift her out of the tub if the tub had some water in it. Easier to position her body to get a hold of her to get her out and the water itself would have helped in lifting her. No wonder he drained the tub.

he may have drugged her around 1030 and went back before he picked up Ada (he was about 5 minutes late, I think) and found her over the side of the tub and then put her the rest of the way in and turned on the water.......

anything is possible since he was so close to work, home and Ada's school.

I wonder how wet the sleeves and cuffs of his shirt/lab coat were when the neighbors arrived to help. They shouldn't have been too wet since he had drained the tub. Unless of coarse he was holding her head under the water. Then they'd be soaked.

I'm confused about the timing of when Macneill would have committed the actual murder or dispensed the drugs.

He took the kids to school around 8:00 (not sure of exact time), was at his office at 9-ish and made telephone calls.

Alexis talked to her mom around 10:00 or 10:15 - she was unimpaired and undrugged at that time.

Martin was getting his picture taken and going to the fair thing at 11:15

Martin picked his daughter up from school around 11:35

So what's the theory? That Martin went home some time after 10:15 and drugged her, then went back to work in time to get his picture taken, then went back home and drowned her, then went to pick up Ada and arrived home for Ada to find her mom?

Alexis spoke with her mom at 8:44AM according to arrest affidavit.

That leaves a ton of time. Martin got his picture taken at fair, but he was not there to set it up in the hours before like he was supposed to.

Sit down with Michele's children, before making their final closing arguments to this jury.
I am not sure why Gypsy is to testify again- that woman will swear to tell the whole truth and just Lie.
In my opinion, she's waiting for Martin to be acquitted so they can happily ride off into the sunset.
The prosecutors Really need to tie up all the evidence they've been allowed to present.
In such a way that the jury can find beyond a reasonable doubt.
Personally, I think it's 100% premedated Murder.
But, I know much more then this jury has heard.

That is a shame. For this type of case I believe the jurors should hear everything.
Lot's of prayers from me, for all of Michelle's loved ones.

Sadly, is very different. Inmate 1 is a piece of filth who isn't helping the state one bit. MacNeill is a piece of filth who is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Hundreds and hundreds of years of precedent dictate what can be brought up in trial about a defendants prior deeds. Frustrating yes, but the law of civilized nations.

I'm relying solely on memory here, but IIRC, it was sometime in the 60's or 70's that rulings against admitting testimony of prior defendant conduct and / or convictions began coming down in the US. IMO, this was not a step in the right direction. Feel free to correct me on the timeline.

IMO, instructions to jurors that prior activities don't necessarily mean present guilt and to weigh present evidence more heavily than prior actions would suffice as balance, but that's just me.

I'm watching DVR testimony and just heard the judge mention one of the inmates stated MM told him he knew how to kill someone by inserting drugs rectally! First time I ever heard that. Could be an explanation. However, he'd have to convince Michele that she needed the Phenergan at that point in her healing.

I'm watching DVR testimony and just heard the judge mention one of the inmates stated MM told him he knew how to kill someone by inserting drugs rectally! First time I ever heard that. Could be an explanation. However, he'd have to convince Michele that she needed the Phenergan at that point in her healing.

He said that. Why would one even say such a thing unless they had tried it a time or two and it worked. I believe way up thread that this was one of our members theories and lo and behold we hear it said on the stand.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57081994-78/macneill-inmate-wife-martin.html.csp
Salt Lake Tribune - Salt Lake City, UT 11/5/13

Prison inmates testify at Martin MacNeill’s murder trial

By jessica miller
| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 5 hours ago • Updated 3 minutes ago

Snipped:

According to court papers, one inmate says Martin MacNeill told him that he drugged up his wife, 50-year-old Michele MacNeill, on Oxycontin and sleeping pills, then convinced her to get into the bathtub and held her underwater "to help her out."

Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything similar to this during the actual testimony. Did I miss it?

For those who missed it, there were a couple of really funny moments this morning. Paraphrasing a lot....

Grunander asks Cannon about whether he would have felt or done something differently had he known there were others claiming Michele's body was placed differently than what MM claimed. (Something like that.)
Spencer: "Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence."
Judge: "I'm not aware of what you mean. Can you elaborate?"
Spencer: "There has been no testimony to that effect."
(Grunander visibly rolls his eyes at the podium.)
Judge: "Overruled."

Spencer: "Might you get some favors toward your sentence for testifying here?"
Inmate #4: "Maybe in a federal case because I'm serving federal time, but this is a state case right?"
Spencer: "I'm the one asking the questions."
LOL.

I couldn't believe it when Spencer said there had been no testimony about her body being in a different position than MM. said! Holy moley!

Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything similar to this during the actual testimony. Did I miss it?

You didn't miss it. This is supposedly what Inmate #1 would testify to. He has not testified and I don't think he will today.

From the same article.... The sentence before the one quoted clears that up:

Another inmate, scheduled to testify Wednesday, is expected to say that Martin MacNeill admitted to murder.

According to court documents, the man, identified only as Inmate #1, is expected to tell the jury that Martin MacNeill told him that he drugged his wife with Oxycontin and sleeping pills, then persuaded her to get into the bathtub, where he held her underwater for a little while "to help her out."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57081994-78/macneill-inmate-wife-martin.html.csp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member