GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge, judge. Come back! We need to know about Saturday
:scared::scared::scared:

First he forgets about the jury and any questions they may have for the witnesses and now he forget everything after today?

He's gonna blow any minute! Did ya see how he twisted on his arms when talking to the court? I thought he was going to rip a limb off.

It is just after 2 in Utah. I hope they don't quit at 3 as they usually do. :sigh:

What is the best way to get updated on when the verdict is returned? Will WAT be televising? TIA

Jury is having lunch while deliberating? Thanks

Judge, judge. Come back! We need to know about Saturday
:scared::scared::scared:

Earlier in the week, the judge said they could deliberate today and tomorrow (Saturday). If they're not done by the end of Saturday, they would come back Tuesday.

I don't know if that's changed, but that's what he said earlier, when he was asking the defense for their schedule in calling their witnesses.

What is the best way to get updated on when the verdict is returned? Will WAT be televising? TIA

Was wondering if there is a number we can text to so we are alerted when verdict is in? Does anyone know?

Great summary - thanks! Great by prosecution and thanks for spelling it all out at once - very helpful.

BBM - this has always bothered me. Who prepays for surgery? What hospital would accept payment in advance, or for that matter could? Nowadays you are charged for every little Chux pad and disposable and even non-disposable whatnots. Every pill. There is no way. I also doubt the physician would have accepted payment in advance either. Really, to me, this is a huge red flag showing how he manipulated Michele into this surgery for no good reason other than to carry out his plan.

As far as I know, all "plastic" surgery is paid for in advance.
100% upfront before surgery is even scheduled.
I know in 2002 I had to pay for all of mine before it was scheduled.
I also had to fill all my prescriptions prior to surgery and produce them before I was taken back. Since plastic surgery is an elective surgery and most is not covered by insurance, payment in advance is required.
There are "credit cards" available to allow for installment payments to be made, but the Doctor makes sure he is paid before he begins any procedure.
Any follow up visits were done at "no charge"...

At least that is how it's done in my area.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

The judge looked exhausted when court was recessed.

First he forgets about the jury and any questions they may have for the witnesses and now he forget everything after today?

He's gonna blow any minute! Did ya see how he twisted on his arms when talking to the court? I thought he was going to rip a limb off.

I know many on here have liked him, think he is fair etc. but I think he seems to have memory issues on basic protocol and just looks tortured to be up there.

Earlier in the week, the judge said they could deliberate today and tomorrow (Saturday). If they're not done by the end of Saturday, they would come back Tuesday.

I don't know if that's changed, but that's what he said earlier, when he was asking the defense for their schedule in calling their witnesses.

Yes, I heard him say they could deliberate on Sat. if necessary.

This is one where I really want to see MM reaction to verdict and also family. Did anyone see Vanessa there and what about the other children?

If that's the case, they probably will reach a verdict tomorrow. No way they want to come back Tuesday. And, by the time they have lunch, pick a foreperson today, they'll want to go home. They are accustomed to ending their day verdy, verdy early

I have never seen that done before, but it seems to me that they should just in case considering all the expense of a trial and time involved.

It was done in the Guy Heinz trial in GA. On the 2nd or 3rd day they dismissed a juror (Ithik because he wasn't deliberating) and he was replaced with an alt. The judge threw out the 2 verdicts that had been reached out of the 13 and told them to begin anew. 4 hrs later they reached guilty on all 13 charges.

It might just be death penalty trials that do this...not sure. I think in the JA trial they kept the alternates also. Also, Scott Peterson trial. iirc

I know many on here have liked him, think he is fair etc. but I think he seems to have memory issues on basic protocol and just looks tortured to be up there.

I like him... I think he might have some social anxiety issues.

It's a great question; God Complex in this case. MM has it. Many Dr's in fact do. They also can be great Sadists as well. I think MM is all of these.

Giselle said that during the argument the night before, he said, "This is the way it's going to be."

No one crosses MM. No one makes him pay alimony or become inconvenienced. "I'll show you." Divorce not an option. Too messy, too much could be revealed, and, well, just not as much fun for a sadist as making your victim suffer via murder.:stormingmad:

As a juror, I would not require much time. I would want to review Perper's medical info and conclusions about myocarditis; I would want to once again read the testimony from the cardiologist; I would want to review the timeline. That could be done w/in 3-4 hours.

The circumstantial & medical evidence is overwhelming and not unduly complicated. The whole "puzzle" fits to convict on Felony Murder and Obstruction of Justice.

I like him... I think he might have some social anxiety issues.

I agree. I think the public's heightened interest in this case may have added extra stress on him.

I'm aggravated. I remember he mentioned the possibility of the jury working on Saturday but as far as I remember it was a passing suggestion. It wasn't decided and no time on Saturday was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper