GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·7 mins
It appears the court has blocked Twitter. Fortunately, I've found a workaround to live-tweet this sucker. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·6 mins
Michele MacNeill's family has arrived in court. They're hugging, wiping tears. The courtroom is somber now. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·27 secs
The prosecution is here in the courtroom. #MartinMacNeill will be transported from prison to be here for sentencing. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 10m

I’m at the sentencing of #MartinMacNeill for murder. It starts in about 15 minutes. I’ll be live-tweeting it. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·4 mins
#MartinMacNeill's defense attorney just walked into the courtroom. @fox13now #Utah

Cathy‏@courtchatter·3 mins
Michele MacNeill's friends the "Ya-Ya's" are in the courtroom. #MartinMacneill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·3 mins
All of the attorneys are in the courtroom now. Just missing the judge and #MartinMacNeill.

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·3 mins
On the first two rows of the courtroom, Michele's family and friends are hugging each other. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·2 mins
Judge will sentence #MartinMacNeill to 15-life in prison for murder. Issue is, do the other charges run consecutive/concurrent to that?

#MartinMacNeill's defense lawyer just walked back to the holding cell to meet with him. @fox13now #Utah

Cathy‏@courtchatter·42 secs
We expect to hear from #MartinMacneill's daughters Alexis and Rachel and Michele's sister Linda today. Do NOT expect to hear from defendant

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·29 secs
#MartinMacNeill is brought into the courtroom in an orange prison jumpsuit. He's cuffed behind his back at the podium. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·12 secs
#MartinMacNeill looks VERY thin. He's smiling, chatting with his defense attorney. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·37 secs
The courtroom just went silent. Michele's family looks on the verge of tears seated behind him. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·28 secs
#MartinMacNeill is NOT expected to speak at sentencing, his lawyer said at the last court hearing. @fox13now #Utah

Now we are just waiting on judge Pullan. #MartinMacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·45 secs
ALL RISE! Judge Derek Pullan has taken the bench. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Cathy‏@courtchatter·39 secs
A prison guard hovers over the defense table. #MartinMacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·40 secs
Judge Pullan asks if there are any questions about pre-sentence report. None. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·1 min
Prosecution says Linda Cluff, Rachel MacNeill and Alexis Somers will speak at sentencing. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·43 secs
Linda Cluff is speaking first. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·50 secs
As Cluff is talking to the judge, #MartinMacNeill is chatting with his attorney, Randy Spencer.

"On April 11, 2007 Michele was murdered by her own husband," says Michele's sister, Linda Cluff. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"It is difficult for me to express myself and words truly do not ... represent the pain and anguish," Cluff says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

As Linda speaks, #MartinMacNeill is paying no attention. He and his lawyer are chatting, looking at documents. @fox13now #Utah

Cathy‏@courtchatter·2 mins
"Michele was beautiful both inside and out. She had a love for life." Linda Cluff tells the judge. #MartinMacneill

Linda Cluff, "Her plans were to attend BYU but her plans suddenly changed when she met #MartinMacneill."

"She dedicated her life to her family," Linda says, her voice choking with emotion. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"Michele's entire world circled around her children," Linda says, describing family events Michele missed. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Cathy‏@courtchatter·1 min
Linda goes over all the events Michele has missed since her death. Graduations, grandchildren's births. #MartinMacneill

Randy Spencer looks out the window, #MartinMacneill stares down at the table while Linda talks about Michele.

"We all, too have the painful questions about the day she was murdered. The questions I have with no answers," Linda says. #MartinMacNeill

"The fear she may have felt....what was she thinking...was she scared..did she try to call out for help..." #MartinMacneill

"Could she call out for help? What were the last words she uttered? What were her last thoughts?" Linda says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

"I shudder to think of my sister looking at her own husband thinking how could he do this to me" #MartinMacneill

"It was the beginning of a nightmare. Just begging someone to do an investigation" #MartinMacneill

"Martin is a great deceiver. He believes he is above the law," Linda says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"Today, I can finally look into the eyes of my sister's murderer!" Linda says. "Martin, you haven't gotten away with this." #MartinMacNeill

For a brief moment, #MartinMacNeill and Linda Cluff locked eyes. She did get a chance to look in his eyes. "Martin is evil," she says. #Utah

Linda turned around and faced #MartinMacneill "FInally I can look into the murderers eyes and say 'Martin you haven't gotten away with this"

Rachel MacNeill begins by saying #MartinMacNeill "calculatingly took her from us all." @fox13now #Utah

Rachel MacNeill begins sobbing, talking about Michele and her sisters. "My father made the choice to take their mother from them." #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·4 mins
Rachel is soft-spoken, "He took the kindest, most caring person I've ever know, and he calculatingly took her from us all." #MartinMacNeill

Cathy‏@courtchatter·4 mins
Rachel breaks down crying and talks about her brother Damien committing suicide after his mother's death. #MartinMacneill

"My brother Damien... took his own life!" Rachel sobs, struggling to breathe. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"My father promised he would destroy us," Rachel sobs. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"The murder of my mother killed a piece of us all," Rachel said between heaving sobs. #MartinMacNeill

"True justice for my mother does not end with the conviction and sentencing of her murderer. It begins," Rachel says. #MartinMacNeill

"I ask for the maximum sentencing," Rachel asks. "Doing so will finally free us from re-living this nightmare." #MartinMacNeill

Now, daughter Alexis Somers is going to make a statement. #MartinMacNeill

Alexis Somers is now speaking. "My world shattered April 11, 2007." @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"We were all robbed of so much happiness and joy," Alexis says, crying. "7 years, 5 months and 8 days ago." @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"Seven years, 5 months and 8 days ago, [#MartinMacNeill] knowing and deliberately took away my world," Somers said.

"As soon as my mother was gone, my father sexually assaulted me... he then disowned me and my sister," Alexis says. #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Alexis is describing how the family was split apart, and how #MartinMacNeill tried to give estate to his mistress. @fox13now #Utah

"My father threatened me, saying he would destroy me," Alexis says. "I spent years living in constant fear." @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Alexis describes raising her siblings. "Every day I am reminded about the mother we lost and the family he destroyed." #MartinMacNeill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·5 mins
Somers: "I spent years living in constant fear worrying about what my father would do next to further destroy my family." #martinmacneill

As Alexis speaks, #MartinMacNeill is chatting with his lawyer, barely listening. @fox13now #Utah

Alexis is sobbing as she describes her brother's suicide. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"I miss my mother more than words can describe," Alexis says. @fox13now #Utah #MartinMacNeill

"My mother loved life. She loved life, she loved her family," Alexis says. "She was taken from all of us." @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"While we wept, he laughed," Alexis says, asking for the maximum sentence. "He has created his own fate." @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Cathy‏@courtchatter·4 mins
Alexis reminded the judge that #MartinMacneill used Michele's funeral date as the fake marriage date to Gypsy...a new start

"My father is a monster! He has never shown remorse for any of his crimes," Alexis says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58
Back