GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·5 mins
“Today we’re able to finally be free from all this,” Rachel MacNeill said as she left the courtroom. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

What about murder???

He was sentenced to 15 years to life for the murder, 1 -15 years for the obstruction and 1-15 years for the sex assault, to be served consecutively.

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 1h

"I think he dies in prison," prosecutor Chad Grunander said of #MartinMacNeill as he left the courtroom. @fox13now #Utah

https://twitter.com/BenWinslow

Very pleased with verdicts. Dr. Mc..... needs to rot of old age. Wish him only the very very worst.

Thanks, worry wart, for all the tweets!
So Randy bolted from the courtroom after Monday's conviction. I think he needs help. He obviously believes Martin is some sort of saint, instead of recognizing him for the monster that he actually is. :banghead:

oh for the love of God.... this one has NO shame. NONE. I sadly hope to see this thread active with news that he killed his sorry azz.

I became penpals with Michelle's sister during the trial. I detest that Martin allowed his daughter to find her own mother. I detest that he molested another daughter. I detest him for murdering his beautiful wife while Gypsy pranced around like she owned their home. Some things are just not forgivable.

May Michelle's dear family walk through the vile valley Martin created with Peace and Love as we stand in the gap for them.

A Utah doctor found guilty of drugging his beauty queen wife and leaving her to die in a bathtub is appealing a separate sexual abuse conviction, arguing he couldn't get a fair trial after he was convicted in the high-profile murder case.

Lawyers for Martin MacNeill said Tuesday the murder case was one of the biggest the area had seen in decades and that the sexual abuse trial should have been moved away.
http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Utah-...sex-abuse-case/c1oiw/5744b3970cf2123d26b3eaab

Thinking of Michele and her sweet family and wishing them well.

:rose:

Utah Court of Appeals: No new murder trial for Utah County doctor Martin MacNeill

http://www.sltrib.com/news/5071573-155/utah-court-of-appeals-no-new

A former Utah doctor found guilty of drugging and drowning his wife in a bathtub lost his bid for a new trial this week, when the Utah Court of Appeals ruled there was enough evidence presented at his high-profile trial to convict him.

Martin MacNeill's attorneys argued last September that he should get a new trial because jurors relied on false testimony and thin evidence when they found him guilty in 2013 of first-degree felony murder and second-degree felony obstructing justice.

His appellate attorneys contended that prosecutors tainted the testimony of an important witnesses and engaged in misconduct when they withheld thousands of pages of evidence from MacNeill's trial attorneys.

But the high court found no error that warranted a new trial, and further ruled that there was ample evidence to prove MacNeill committed the crimes.

The former doctor will have his first bid at parole at a hearing in August 2052, when he is 96 years old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58
Back