UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up with this case. I listened to a Youtube video yesterday, it was an interview with the niece of JH. Shocking story, I'm not quite sure how to reconcile a Church advocating and reccommending this type of abuse? I'm treading carefully here, as I'm not sure what can be discussed. Are there any Mod warnings posted in this thread? If so would someone be good enough to give me a post number so I can review?

This week (and year) have been particularly tough on high-demand religions. The church supported Jodi has a 'qualified' therapist, despite her known beliefs and complaints against her. And she demonized these child victims (and others).

And Scientology supported Danny Masterson, demonizing his rape victims.

The victims aren't the problem. The victimizers are and the church enablers are.

It was a mess for the online access to the court proceedings. Looks like they are blaming TikTok'ers, but wouldn't an administrator have ability to control the crowd by universally muting everyone?

"Over 1,000 people tuned into the hearing and after a cacophony of bizarre noises and pleas to be quiet, the court shut down public access. It transpired later the Zoom link had been shared on TikTok."

Whatever happened, it was disrespectful to the proceedings and likely will be used to limit public access in the future.

Yes, indeed. They can control the chat feature, the mute button AND who gets in if they want.

Court TV posted neighbor's 911 call. **** Warning **** heartbreaking to listen to. moo

It's just heart wrenching, especially when RF tries to say he's okay, that everyone's fine and it's his fault what happened to him. Thank goodness he went to a neighbor who believed him and protected him. I can see that going differently if it had been someone who subscribes to Jodi's bizarre beliefs.

Watching the above video and it's wild. Jodi is a speaker at Eternal Core conferences. Eternal Core is run by Thom Harrison. Thom Harrison had the dreams written about by John Pontius in the book Visions of Glory. Those who followed the Vallow/Daybell know the significance of that book.

DCFS can be held accountable by an independent ombudsman who investigates child protection complaints against the agency. DCFS must also answer to a review group made up of state lawmakers, the Child Welfare Legislative Oversight Panel, which can make recommendations.

Rep. Christine Watkins, a chair of the panel, said Friday that she is aware of the Franke case through news reports and is planning to follow up with DCFS with her own questions about what occurred.

“I had concerns when I heard about the case. Not only were neighbors calling, but older siblings were calling, too,” she added. “It sounds like those kids were in pretty bad shape. And it’s certainly something we have the right to call DCFS out on to know what might have gone wrong.”

She also questioned whether Franke’s status as a well-known YouTube vlogger and the outward appearance she presented about her family may have influenced any child welfare investigations.

“If someone has the resources, they can cover up, they can disguise a lot of things,” Watkins said. “Even when kids go to court, kids can be told not to say anything. They can be intimidated by the situation.”

The Daily Mail reported that Franke appeared via video from a Utah jail on Thursday for a separate hearing held in juvenile court.

Mashburn confirmed the hearing occurred, but did not confirm details from the news report, telling NBC News it “was a child welfare case and records are private.” The next pretrial hearing in juvenile court is scheduled for Sept. 18, according to KSL.

DCFS can be held accountable by an independent ombudsman who investigates child protection complaints against the agency. DCFS must also answer to a review group made up of state lawmakers, the Child Welfare Legislative Oversight Panel, which can make recommendations.

Rep. Christine Watkins, a chair of the panel, said Friday that she is aware of the Franke case through news reports and is planning to follow up with DCFS with her own questions about what occurred.

“I had concerns when I heard about the case. Not only were neighbors calling, but older siblings were calling, too,” she added. “It sounds like those kids were in pretty bad shape. And it’s certainly something we have the right to call DCFS out on to know what might have gone wrong.”

She also questioned whether Franke’s status as a well-known YouTube vlogger and the outward appearance she presented about her family may have influenced any child welfare investigations.

“If someone has the resources, they can cover up, they can disguise a lot of things,” Watkins said. “Even when kids go to court, kids can be told not to say anything. They can be intimidated by the situation.”

The Daily Mail reported that Franke appeared via video from a Utah jail on Thursday for a separate hearing held in juvenile court.

Mashburn confirmed the hearing occurred, but did not confirm details from the news report, telling NBC News it “was a child welfare case and records are private.” The next pretrial hearing in juvenile court is scheduled for Sept. 18, according to KSL.

In Utah, there is no law about how old a child must be before leaving the child at home without parents. If authorizes didn't see or hear signs of distress at the house, perhaps they really could not do anything.

I am wondering if Jodi H experienced a heart attack or some sort of heart condition while in jail that resulted in her hospitalization for two days. So now she wants things expedited to get to the next available hearing date so she can request bail. If so, how ironic in light of her previous advice to the parent of a young adult with a heart condition. I am looking for video of the podcast in question but many have been removed.
-------------------------------
I recommend you kick your daughter out (regardless of her serious heart condition)” etc. The tone and way these mothers treat people and give advice commonly goes against nearly every principle taught in professional psychology, counseling, teaching, and mentoring; it is painful to watch and heart-wrenching to read about, knowing that desperate or faithful followers may very well follow their counsel. I feel obligated to warn those investigating ConneXions or “Moms of Truth” to be aware that these women have become master manipulators, who are expert at pulling vulnerable individuals in, making them doubt themselves, their spouses, children, siblings, etc, until they one day realize their own family relationships have disintegrated.

https://jodihildebrandt.com/reviews/

I am wondering if Jodi H experienced a heart attack or some sort of heart condition while in jail that resulted in her hospitalization for two days. So now she wants things expedited to get to the next available hearing date so she can request bail. If so, how ironic in light of her previous advice to the parent of a young adult with a heart condition. I am looking for video of the podcast in question but many have been removed.
-------------------------------
I recommend you kick your daughter out (regardless of her serious heart condition)” etc. The tone and way these mothers treat people and give advice commonly goes against nearly every principle taught in professional psychology, counseling, teaching, and mentoring; it is painful to watch and heart-wrenching to read about, knowing that desperate or faithful followers may very well follow their counsel. I feel obligated to warn those investigating ConneXions or “Moms of Truth” to be aware that these women have become master manipulators, who are expert at pulling vulnerable individuals in, making them doubt themselves, their spouses, children, siblings, etc, until they one day realize their own family relationships have disintegrated.

https://jodihildebrandt.com/reviews/
I saw that video in which she advised a mother to kick out her young-adult daughter who was suffering health issues, claiming the daughter was a manipulator.

Knowing that is how Jodi views the world, I think we can conclude that Jodi is manipulating others with her illness. Otherwise she would take responsibility and cure herself. imo

jmo

Not by themselves, but viewing it, when an older sibling found it, is possible. Most of what she said sounds impossible, but there might be a shred of truth in there somewhere. The Duggar’s had problems with one of their sons. There is NO EXCUSE for how she has responded to any possible problems, that any of her kids might have had, no matter how bad those problems could have been. Jodi may have been a misguided attempt to find help for her kids but it has backfired tremendously on her.
The little boy in question appears to be the most loving, sensitive, good natured little guy, from videos I’ve seen. Cried when a treasured item of his mom’s was ruined (and it wasn’t even his fault). He’s very sweet. I find these allegations despicable and I’m very worried that the judicial system won’t protect the kids from on-going emotional abuse by Ruby and Jodi.

Exactly - no matter what happened, the response is NOT to duct tape a child and withhold food. She is trying to place blame on a kid for the way adults mistreated him.

Manipulating the narrative. I am resisting falling for it. The focus is on HER and JODI's actions.

FWIW, I don't think they were making misguided attempts to help, but rather finding problems to punish - and if the problems didn't exist, they made them up. imo

jmo
Bingo! BBM.

Is isolating the child her last act of abuse towards them?
Yes. And it makes me seethe. Now we have two kids, isolated from each other and from other kids. What foster parent are they going to find who has no other kids? Is that person going to be narrow minded and strictly religious and believe what’s being said and treat them accordingly? And what about school? Are they allowed to go to school?

These kids need support and lots of affirmation that they aren’t at fault and have done nothing wrong. But the decision of the judge will likely act to confirm, in their minds, what Jodi and Ruby have been telling them.

Yes. And it makes me seethe. Now we have two kids, isolated from each other and from other kids. What foster parent are they going to find who has no other kids? Is that person going to be narrow minded and strictly religious and believe what’s being said and treat them accordingly? And what about school? Are they allowed to go to school?

These kids need support and lots of affirmation that they aren’t at fault and have done nothing wrong. But the decision of the judge will likely act to confirm, in their minds, what Jodi and Ruby have been telling them.

With what Ruby has told the courts would any school take R with the possibility of sexual abuse that she is claiming?

Let’s not forget because of YouTube these kid’s identity are not a secret and people literally watched them grow up in front of them for years.

I don’t believe Ruby’s claims but I’m guessing everybody involved has to do due diligence because of the nature of the claims?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735