UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I was thinking. It’s such an odd term. I know that Kevin was no longer affiliated with BYU. Was the end of his employment due to Jodi’s involvement?
Good question

I recalled there was some mention of it in an earlier thread post. Post 150

' The father was an associate professor at Brigham Young University in Utah, but a spokesperson told Insider his employment ended earlier this spring'

Y'all this is crazy

The reason Jessi H decided to do the interview with KUTV 2 News Salt Lake City (link HERE) was because RF accused her young son of sexually abusing his siblings.

In the year that she was in Jodi H's "care", Jodi H accused this naive 15/16 year old of having multiple abortions, sex addiction, *advertiser censored* addiction. Jessi H could see the parallels between her being falsely accused of all of these things and the accusations RF was making about her son.

Again, this interview is incredibly revealing about Jodi Hildebrandt's...demented...agenda and how Ruby's crazy is an extension of Jodi H.

Re: Kevin's "minder" Jessi H comments during her interview relative to her year with Jodi H re how she was monitored: "She also had people who would report back to her..." I'd guess that having people spying for her was another aspect of Jodi H's need for extreme control...

Last edited:
Going back to this link here's JH speaking
About 8mins 10 secs into this video from 2019

She seems to derail the preceding conversation by ranting about lust
Then a bit later at 12 mins, she segues into an odd comment about ' lying about lunch'
I'm skipping around on this, gotta admit. I really don't want to hear Jodi's opinions on intimacy, tbh.

But....there is a 10-year old on the audience?! What? Why? (This is at about 8:40'ish mark when the panel facilitator asks the audience if they have more than one 8-second hug a day.)

Also, Jodi seems fixated on basic bodily functions - like eating, movement, protection/comfort (like clothes and temperature), and sex. I wonder if she has bathroom issues too. Seriously a dangerous person who was eager to inflict damage.

I also think she has a warped definition of lust, but she also warps the words truth and victim so not especially surprised. To follow her when she speaks, you need to buy into her definitions (she insists!). No thanks. I can't stomach hearing more of her. imo

jmo

Franke appeared in court for the first time on Sept. 7 as a juvenile judge heard testimony in the matter of where the four underage Franke children will be placed with their mother in jail.

Kevin Franke was in attendance at the hearing, but could not share details about the testimony, his attorney Randy Kester told PEOPLE. The judge ordered those in attendance that no one was allowed to share information about the case outside the courtroom in order to protect the children.

I'm skipping around on this, gotta admit. I really don't want to hear Jodi's opinions on intimacy, tbh.

But....there is a 10-year old on the audience?! What? Why? (This is at about 8:40'ish mark when the panel facilitator asks the audience if they have more than one 8-second hug a day.)

Also, Jodi seems fixated on basic bodily functions - like eating, movement, protection/comfort (like clothes and temperature), and sex. I wonder if she has bathroom issues too. Seriously a dangerous person who was eager to inflict damage.

I also think she has a warped definition of lust, but she also warps the words truth and victim so not especially surprised. To follow her when she speaks, you need to buy into her definitions (she insists!). No thanks. I can't stomach hearing more of her. imo

jmo
wow, I didn't think about that but yes i do recall it! Penny has only just dropped.

Agree on the second. Thought it was an insight into her. She seems obsessed which is ironic. And a ferocious zealot. Dangerous.

Do you have the timestamp for this? I was under the impression that the statute of limitations had ran out

It’s about 20 minutes before the end of the episode.

The next episode is with Adam Paul Steed, who helped to expose child sex abuse in LDS-run Boy Scouts groups … and then later was kicked out of BYU and had his marriage broken up due to false accusations by Jodi Hildebrandt, who was on the LDS’s vetted list of counselors for “sex addiction”.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE: The Mormon religion can only be discussed as it relates to this case and not in general. Please refrain from negative (or positive) portrayals of the Mormon religion in your post, as the Mormon Church isn't accused of abusing these children, RF and JH are.

Ruby Franke, the Utah parenting advice YouTuber facing child abuse charges, took more than $80,000 in since-forgiven loans from the federal government’s Payroll Protection Program (PPP), records show.

Two of her sisters, who have both publicly condemned Franke and said Franke and business partner Jodi Hildebrandt’s arrests “needed to happen,” also borrowed thousands of dollars in PPP loans that have since been forgiven.

Franke and her two sisters, Bonnie Hoellein and Ellie Mecham, each applied for two rounds of PPP loans on behalf of their productions companies. Like their sister, Hoellien and Mecham are both YouTube and social media personalties, with 1.4 million and 1.6 million YouTube subscribers, respectively.

The loan program was designed to help small businesses weather the storm of COVID-19 and pay employees who lost hours due to the pandemic. But plenty of influencers and content creators used it to pay themselves, raising questions about abuse and misuse.

I do think this is a pretty good article. If this sensational case helps the broad internet public--both those wanting to learn, and the vulnerable--- to be wary of these untrained influencers, maybe we all learn something.

Laurel Cook, a social marketing researcher and associate professor at West Virginia University, said the shocking nature of Franke’s case is pushing the wider public to be more skeptical of parents who profit from using their children for content.

I do think this is a pretty good article. If this sensational case helps the broad internet public--both those wanting to learn, and the vulnerable--- to be wary of these untrained influencers, maybe we all learn something.
Not just the untrained influencer, but the trained influenzer behind the scenes.

I haven't seen anything yet about when RF first met JH or encountered her teachings. It might go back farther than people realize.

JMO

IIRC, Jessi H referenced at least 14 years. I'd have to go back and watch the interview again to be certain.
Hmm. I missed where JH explicitly referenced RF in her interview.

Apparently, YT viewers became alarmed about revelations of child punishments beginning in 2020 (refusing to let one sleep in their bed, denying Santa gifts to the youngest).. That's more the kind of timeline I'm thinking of.

JMO

Not just the untrained influencer, but the trained influenzer behind the scenes.

I haven't seen anything yet about when RF first met JH or encountered her teachings. It might go back farther than people realize.

JMO
If by RF you are referring to Ruby Franke I know the earliest instance I can remember of her referencing Jodi was in 2020. Jodi was Ruby's eldest son Chad's (who is now 18) therapist and was actually the one to recommend sending him off to the wilderness camp.

If by RF you are referring to Ruby Franke I know the earliest instance I can remember of her referencing Jodi was in 2020. Jodi was Ruby's eldest son Chad's (who is now 18) therapist and was actually the one to recommend sending him off to the wilderness camp.
Oh well, there's where it all started then. I'd missed that, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735