UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that video of her in the police car, she seems to have no concerns about the abused Franke children he tells her about. When Ruby called her to ask her to pick up the daughter because of a family emergency, she said good because I have house cleaning that needs doing.

In that video of her in the police car, she seems to have no concerns about the abused Franke children he tells her about. When Ruby called her to ask her to pick up the daughter because of a family emergency, she said good because I have house cleaning that needs doing.
She has such an odd demeanor in that LE interaction, imo. If my friend called me telling me there was an emergency and I needed to get the kids, I would do so....and also be concerned! If LE showed up, I would most definitely be concerned and full of questions. I doubt I would be talking about household labor.

jmo

She has such an odd demeanor in that LE interaction, imo. If my friend called me telling me there was an emergency and I needed to get the kids, I would do so....and also be concerned! If LE showed up, I would most definitely be concerned and full of questions. I doubt I would be talking about household labor.

jmo
Isn't it strange? I'm just speechless.

where were the two older minor children when the poo hit the fan? They weren't at the Franke residence and they weren't at Jodi's house with the two younger (abused) children. Turns out they were with another of Jodi's "ConneXions"
---------------------------------------------
According to police, officers then reached out to the oldest Franke sister.

One of the children left a local place of employment by telling her supervisor that “she needed to leave for a family emergency.”

After reviewing surveillance video from the local place of employment, it showed that one of the children was picked up by Pam Bodtcher.

Springville officers were then heading to American Fork to speak with Bodtcher. They were contacted by Utah County Major Crimes Detectives who were at a home in American Fork and they told officers that both children were located.

After dialogue and questioning, Bodtcher then explained “that around noon that day she received a call from Ruby Franke who told her that she had a family emergency and asked if Bodtcher could pick up *** and ***.”
New report details whereabouts of Ruby Franke's children on day of her arrest

who is Bodtcher?
-----------------------------------------------
“Pam Bodtcher is the President of Connexions Foundation,” the website reads in a short biography posted just above Ruby Franke’s bio.
[snip]
“Pam Bodtcher, when I was living with Jodi, Pam Bodtcher was around, she was Jodi’s best friend,” Jessi said. “I didn’t realize that she was connected in this, I mean, I have very strong feelings towards Pam because of, not that she was directly applying abuse, like she wasn’t actually involved but she was one of the people that was constantly surveilling, the surveillance of reporting back to Jodi.”
Unanswered questions surround third Connexions Classroom member's involvement

Of course Ruby didn't call their father, she called a fellow cult, er ConneXions leader instead.
-------------------------------------------
A year later, following a trip with Jodi and another counselor, Ruby told Kevin that his “attitude is infesting the family,” Kester says, and that the only way for them to save their marriage was to separate. Still attending multiple classes weekly with Jodi, Kevin soon moved out. Their son, Chad, joined him, but Jodi, who was also counseling Kevin, ordered them to separate, claiming “they were enabling one another,” Kester says.

Also at Jodi’s direction, Kevin cut off communication with nearly everyone in his life and was only permitted to talk to Ruby if she reached out — and “Ruby was only allowed to contact Kevin three or four times” in the next year, Kester says, who said that Kevin had been unaware of the abuse his children allegedly endured in his absence.

https://people.com/ruby-franke-case-kevin-kicked-out-house-spoke-phone-wife-three-four-times-8347395
Just getting in on this bizarre case and catching up, so if this has been discussed, I apologize. Saw this gal on a youtube video and went looking. Article from September may explain some things. Pam Bodtcher She is also connected to Connexions, as president of the foundation. In the video from her home where the police are trying to find the 2 children, to me she acts like she barely knows Ruby Franke

Like I do with cases that begin to interest me, I started watching Youtube snippets. There is not much known about Jodi's life, marriage or children yet. I would like to hear more abput her. I have serious questions about Kevin and bet more is revealed at some point. If nothing else he enjoyed the rewards of their vlog with the 2+ million folowers. I don't know how the much money can be made with that many followers.
<modsnip - rumor/no link to approved sources>

Last edited by a moderator:
Franke was charged with speeding, going 50 in a 35 mile per hour zone at Center Street and Snow Canyon Drive in Ivins, Utah.
[snip]
This happened on August 25. Her arrest in Ivins with Jodi Hildebrandt took place five days later.
Utah judge dismisses speeding case against Ruby Franke given nature of other charges she faces

“Well, I am having guests coming, and she did some cleaning for me,” Bodtcher said.

In the body camera footage, the officers asked to see Franke’s daughter in person. Bodtcher and her husband asked the daughter to yell from the living room, but officers asked to see the child in person.
[snip]
“She is a friend of ours. She comes over once and helps me every once in a while to do a bunch and cleaning and stuff,” Bodtcher said. “I did make her scrub the floor, and they vacuumed and stuff since I have company coming over from Costa Rica. But she did so of her on free will.”
[snip]
“We have been at home cleaning this whole time, dusting, and we were going to pick tomatoes and make salsa and take them home,” Bodtcher said.

Bodtcher said Franke permitted her to pick up her two children since she was heading to St. George for a family emergency.

“I went to the pool and said, ‘Hey, they have a family emergency. Can I pick up (redacted),’ and they said, ‘Sure.’ ” Bodtcher said. She told the daughter at the recreation center that her mother had a family emergency and that she could go to her place to help clean.
Body camera shows American Fork police taking Ruby Franke's children into custody

Hildebrandt has been accused of 'destroying' people's lives through her counseling program - that pitted spouses against each other and focused men's teachings on '*advertiser censored*, sex and lust.'

Jessi said she hoped her aunt would not be 'sidelined' in the abuse case.

'She is so connected to what is happening and yes, Ruby needs to be held accountable because she made those choices, she's just as guilty, but Jodi's been doing this for much longer' she said.
Hildebrandt's niece claims she was behind Franke's 'abusive' parenting

Franke was charged with speeding, going 50 in a 35 mile per hour zone at Center Street and Snow Canyon Drive in Ivins, Utah.
[snip]
This happened on August 25. Her arrest in Ivins with Jodi Hildebrandt took place five days later.
Utah judge dismisses speeding case against Ruby Franke given nature of other charges she faces

“Well, I am having guests coming, and she did some cleaning for me,” Bodtcher said.

In the body camera footage, the officers asked to see Franke’s daughter in person. Bodtcher and her husband asked the daughter to yell from the living room, but officers asked to see the child in person.
[snip]
“She is a friend of ours. She comes over once and helps me every once in a while to do a bunch and cleaning and stuff,” Bodtcher said. “I did make her scrub the floor, and they vacuumed and stuff since I have company coming over from Costa Rica. But she did so of her on free will.”
[snip]
“We have been at home cleaning this whole time, dusting, and we were going to pick tomatoes and make salsa and take them home,” Bodtcher said.

Bodtcher said Franke permitted her to pick up her two children since she was heading to St. George for a family emergency.

“I went to the pool and said, ‘Hey, they have a family emergency. Can I pick up (redacted),’ and they said, ‘Sure.’ ” Bodtcher said. She told the daughter at the recreation center that her mother had a family emergency and that she could go to her place to help clean.
Body camera shows American Fork police taking Ruby Franke's children into custody

I find it so wild that someone would casually use other people's kids to do their housework.

I find it so wild that someone would casually use other people's kids to do their housework.
I maybe can see a mother's helper job for teens, helping an elderly person, or having a part-time job I guess. But I don't think any of that was happening. It is strange to pick up your friend's kids because of a family emergency and then tasking them to scrub your floor.

jmo

I'd assume that RF warned Pam and the husband in the phone call or text to circle the wagons, stonewall police/CPS, don't let them near the kids.

“She is a friend of ours. She comes over...and helps me...do a bunch and cleaning and stuff,” Bodtcher said. “I did make her scrub the floor, ...But she did so of her own free will.”

"I did make her scrub the floor..." Not, "she mopped the floor", but scrubbed, so I'm assuming hands and knees. Punitive.

Pam, when you say, "I did make her scrub the floor..." she is not doing it of her own free will.

SRSLY, who talks like this, using legal CYA language?

Ruby had Pam pick the girls up to a) make sure LE would take longer to find them; and b) send them a clear message of "keep your mouth shut or things will be worse".

The fact that neither of the adults who had the girls in their home were shocked by the fact that R. and E. were found in that awful state says it all.

I'd like to think they received some spending money for their work but I doubt it. This lady was very vague and evasive only to find out she was connected to the company in a rather big way.

Pam also features in the films that Jodi & Ruby made when they were on their vacation breaks for Connexions. ( They called them ' Womens Retreats'' and they briefly mention her and she can be seen a few times while they're doing water sports on the lake. It's on J Aubry's channel)

Clearly they were very close. At one point Ruby is shouting-joking because she says Jodi has thrown her off the craft and into the lake and Ruby says that Jodi would never do that to Pam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper