Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a terribly sad end to a Kenzie's life. I know some may not agree with me, but I hope that if their meeting is related to her activities in the SD/SB world, that it results in some girls and women who are either already, or thinking about, entering this world to pause.

I haven't read every post in all the threads, but I have read much around the research, opinions, views, judgements and frustrations about SD/SB relationships on here. I also have insights into these arrangements beyond what is simply discussed online or gathered through questionnaires and interviews in a research setting (although I do respect the research process, I’ve studied to doctrate level - it adds value to understanding an issue).

My concern is how alot of the focus shifts to semantics - is it sex work, is it not; does it empower women or does it not. Is it just a new acceptable form of an intimate relationship or is it an imbalance of power?

This is only my opinion, but these arrangements are mostly not healthy. I do believe a healthy relationship (intimate or not) MAY potentially develop or exist from SD/SB connections, however in reality what these connections and relationships ultimately are depends on the expectations of both parties. I truly believe the 'acceptance' and normalisation (in some groups i.e. young females who are studying) of these relationships is damaging not only the concept they have of relationships, but also their own sense of self. When a girl or woman convinces herself this is an appropriate way to survive her world (i.e. funds for needs/wants, mentoring, making personal or professional connections), she is counting on the relationship to proceed based on her expectations. This is a dangerous space to be, because the other person's expectations may be very misaligned to hers. Sex or not, the very nature of the connection is defined by both people's views, actions, thoughts and expectations.

What worries me is that women and girls are being reassured that this is an acceptable choice for connecting because THEY are doing it for their own specific reasons. But where in this reassurance is the consideration of men who will have potentially unethical, inappropriate, illegal or harmful intentions?

I was made aware a few years ago of an online group of men who advertised themselves as SDs (and as many have said on here, they are from all walks of life, all pay grades, all relationship statuses, etc). This group was purely set up for the men to discuss and compare the SBs - compare 'notes', identify the ones who would be willing to have sex or not. They labelled the women and girls, they helped each other to work efficiently i.e. not waste time on the ones who wouldn’t have sex or avoid the ones who expect too much $$$ for too little.

Now I’m not saying this defines how all men are who promote themselves as SDs, however this is the point. Women and girls don’t know if they are going to get the man who genuinely respects females, or the man who is engaging in predatory behaviour.

This world can be secretive, deceptive, primitive and demeaning. And I’m sure for some it could also be inspiring, satisfying and empowering. But the fact is, especially for young women, it’s like flipping a coin, and the odds are not even. And the effects on self esteem and self concept can last a lifetime. Or worse, can result in many types of harm, not all fatal.

Sorry for the long post, but I have been sitting on these thoughts for quite a while, and I just hope, if poor Kenzie’s life has been cut short because of her choices in this SD/SB world, that it does not define her, rather inspires others to challenge the notion that normalising these types of relationships is where they or society wants to go. I’m not religious, I am very open-minded and I think everyone should strive to feel empowered and satisfied in life. I just think we are doing a disservice to women and girls if we send the message that presumed empowerment is as good as the real thing.

Personally even if they met through a SD/SB arrangement; it still doesn’t take into account that he’s a VERY sick predator. He would find a way to do what he did regardless of the Avenue. I had a married friend in HS who was taken in the middle of the day in a high traffic shopping center parking lot on a Saturday by a creep who developed an obsession with her. He displayed disturbing tendencies before and it progressed to that. They find a way to commit their sick crimes.

Do you have a link to the statement? I haven't read it.

He doesn't look anything like his earlier videos. Why? Why? Why?

For all we know at this point- THAT is why!

Maybe KL and acquaintance was purely online, until the 17th. If his online persona is based on images of him from his modelling days, perhaps KL commented on how different he looked in person.

He may call himself Humble, but I think we all know he is anything but.
Few things wound a narcissist more than a perceived a blow to their paper thin ego.

It's complete speculation, but people have been killed for less.

I agree fully. He needs to be on death row, away from General Population. Without companionship, one hour a day outside the cell with no one to brag to, with no attention at all.
Oh he'll have everything. Remember he's innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law by a judge and jury with a court appointed lawyer protecting his rights. This will all take about two years and in the meantime don't step on his civil rights or he will sue!
He will be treated with the utmost respect and treated to his three hots and a cot. Then he will appeal over and over again.

And for desert all this will be done on OUR DIME!

Welcome to America. Victims have no rights at all. They are usually dead and their families continue to suffer through all of this year after year. So very sad. God Bless MacKenzie's family. They will need all the strength they can muster up to endure what's to come.

wow...you would definitely think that AirBnB should require at the VERY LEAST a background check! That's baffling. I hope they consider changing some of their policies after this case.

I maybe spoke too soon. The more accurate answer is that I really don't know in detail what all they do. I do not have any criminal history, so, obviously, wouldn't have been flagged for any reason, but perhaps they checked into me more than I was aware! I do know that as a host my guests are all verified as far as "they are who they say they are", and I usually check into Facebook pages, etc. before they get here just for my own piece of mind. I've never had a problem with a guest, but I suppose there is always that small element of risk. But even so...even if there's nothing in the background that might raise a red flag, that doesn't guarantee safety, either. A person may have just never been caught before.

Props to SLC PD, FBI, State Crime Lab and all involved for their exemplary job performance. I see the occasional "What took LE soooo long to arrest him?" and it drives me nutso.

This case just went public a week ago, after Kenzie's dad reported her missing and her sorority sisters started reaching out to spread the word on SM and media. Suspects have constitutional rights and LE has constitutional responsibility to adhere to before an arrest can be made. Kenzie was a missing adult of 23 and they had a fine line to walk between investigating a missing person and an endangered person IMO. They moved swiftly after procuring phone and SM records.

They investigated, searched, named a POI and arrested that suspect in a matter of days and THAT is quite an accomplishment. I'm grateful for the efforts personally.

Really? To work out at the gym and eat three meals a day and get great medical/dental care? Do you really think he's going to feel remorseful? He's not. He needs the death penalty.
Being in a cage is that last place a person like this wants to be, separated from his craft and preferred activities. Caged is better than dead for him.

I can’t get past her phone being shut off right away, and I can’t think of a plausible ruse that he could have used to achieve that.

I agree. Either blitzed her or pulled a gun on her, then snatched the phone away. A slicker approach: he tells KL tenderly - "Now we aren't leaving until you turn off that phone, no talking to the family, worrying about missed study sessions or anything. You need to take care of yourself now. That's good, just hand it over -- (laughs)--I know, you--can't let the phone be for one second." Something like that.

Has the advantage of getting in his house without incident. But this guy is incredibly stupid.

I'm kind of confused about where AA was arrested. Wasn't he living in the home they searched?
Also the contractor that said AA requested work done...did he ever do the work? Sound proof the room and put hooks in???
The contractor said he was too weirded out so said he was too busy to take on the job. That at first it was a soundproof room, and then AA kept adding on things like secret door and hooks on the wall. That was apparently in April, and I notice the neighbor said that AA used to be friendly and took good care of his yard but recently he was withdrawn, and the yard was looking bad. (paraphrased)

If he had no criminal background, what is the background check going to find?

this. I don't understand why people keep saying Air BnB need background checks. He had no violent background. Mackenzie didn't rent and Air BnB.. she met him online, probably on tinder. They must have been hooking up in some sense or were going to, possibly in exchange for goods. I am sure police figured out why he picked her up at park vs. airport. That doesn't mean she deserved her fate of course, but she wasn't renting a bedroom. There is always a risk when you are staying in someone's house, especially while they are there as well.

a) There needs to be way more when it comes to AirBnB background checks. Way, way, way more.

b) Everyone leave the Lyft driver alone. Tbh, I hope they're still alive a year from now, because the amount of personal guilt and endless media shaming from all this can, and has, led to people taking their own lives in the past.
Also, way more background checks (or some sort of interview process to see the mental status) when giving student visa thingies. If that is, indeed, how he got here.

we will find out one day. there is a picture of a piece of artwork that is hanging up in his house and its a bit weird now knowing more about what all happened

gettyimages-1152316372.jpg

Here is the article that has it in it Ayoola Ajayi: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Of COURSE he has a picture of himself blown up, mounted and hanging in his home. Of course he does.

that is what i was thinking as well. since there was no distress of her getting into the car with him, could of this been something that was arranged, those 2 meeting at that time, etc, and after that, only he knows what happened and hopefully as info does come out about her social media profiles and/or sugar baby/sugar daddy seeking sites, media will not try to paint her only as that, etc, but will just allow the info to come out and to see why all of this happened

Media is gossipy, but I hope we all, some of us because we have kids of MacKenzie’s age, some, because they are younger women, and some, being men who respect women (or have daughters), view it through the right prism. And when we hear about SB, just shrug shoulders and say, “so what”?

A very young woman, just 23. A student, a worker, an aspiring kinesiologist. Whatever she does in her free time is her choice. Lots of young, unattached, adults, experiment with their lives, in different ways - big deal. For many, it is just a passing stage, maybe the way to feel empowered?

And in no way does it give any psychopath the right, the power, to play out whatever dark and morbid fantasies he has, to lie in wait, to set up traps, to cut a woman’s life short, to burn a body in his yard, to be a murderer.

During the presser, someone spoke about UT being a tight community, and I hope (and see) that they are treating MacKenzie as their own. And it is the only way to regard this sad story.

Can't he say, She was experimenting with a drug and became ill then she died and I panicked Or we had kinky sex that went too far, she died and I panicked? Any of those work to save his arse?? I'm no defense attorney but I dated one once ;)

ETA. I do hope you are correct and I have no clue what I'm talking about !

He’s been booked on aggravated murder, which means they most likely have proof of premeditation or proof she was killed while being raped, kidnapped and/or while another felony was being committed. This wasn’t a second degree murder charge, which is what you describe above (causing an accidental death).

And I notice they have the date of all offenses on June 17, which was the day she landed.

Do you have a link to the statement? I haven't read it.

He doesn't look anything like his earlier videos. Why? Why? Why?
Not a specific link it was quite short, just how emotional he was and yet he expressed the gratitude of the Lueck family to all LE and support, family and friends who have supported them during this time and that they would not be taking questions or giving interviews. It was pure heartbreak. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn