Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to moderate here, but I just want to give a quick reminder to everyone on this thread that Kenzie's family and friends have been reading here as well as users who have experienced similar personal tragedy. Please remember that this is an extremely heartwrenching and unbearable outcome for many and that the focus for all of us now should be on getting justice for Kenzie and not victim-blaming or sleuthing people who did not commit this heinous crime. As someone who has lost a close friend in a highly publicized act of violence, today has been extremely difficult for me because I know exactly how Kenzie's family and friends are feeling - and it's really really jarring to see statements from users that are either extremely graphic or disrespecting Kenzie. Please honor Kenzie's memory and don't blame her actions for what happened. IMO she didn't know what she walked into and the worst occurred. Continuing to pray for @yellowmoose, @SoCalGirl and @tacostacostacos as well as everyone else who loved Kenzie.
Kind thoughts and I certainly agree about being respectful. I know WS to be a respectful place.

But, the truth is, this is a crime-watching board. This isn't the place to be if readers want to avoid graphic discussions.

jmo

Forgive me if this has been addressed bit he is now divorced since Jan 2019. Do they know whwrr the ex-wife is? Hope she is ok. Is ML the first victory or will there be others? My prayers go out to her family and friends.

Didn't folks here say the book was 99 cents? I just looked it up and I'm seeing it now listed as $9.99. Amazon surge pricing? Or am I misrembering? I didn't buy it but have been following the case nonstop... thx in advance

I saw it the first day he was mentioned and it was $9.99. I did not look to see if there was a Kindle version for less but when I saw the $.99 prices that’s what I assumed. I personally wouldn’t put even $.10 in this man’s checking account.

That's what I want to know, too. He's, seemingly educated, and works in IT... he had to know about digital footprints.
For some reason he wasn't worried about his texts to her or his phone pinging near the park where she was dropped off. That's quite basic. Luckily he wasn't good at destroying evidence either.

I am actually somewhat shocked that he burned her in his yard. I really thought he was burning her luggage, clothes and other evidence. With all the houses being so close it's pretty gutsy to try to dispose of a body in that manner in that area but that further proves the narcissism that he is displaying.
2C9E089E-4CA8-4AC2-A261-2CF8589DA6FD.jpeg

There doesn’t appear to be a privacy fence between AA’s backyard and his neighbor’s; there’s what looks like a 4-5’ shrub maybe.

Attachments

• 2C9E089E-4CA8-4AC2-A261-2CF8589DA6FD.jpeg
    2C9E089E-4CA8-4AC2-A261-2CF8589DA6FD.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 222
I can’t stop looking at those airport pictures thinking that she was minutes away from death and she had been burying her grandmother too it’s a double tragedy for her parents. This is so horrifying, does Utah have the DP because he deserves it!
Sleep well Kenzie and my thoughts are with her family and friends. This monster will pay for what he’s done.

I seriously can’t believe he burnt her in his backyard, there just aren’t any words..
Sadly, I think she wasn't minutes from death in those photos. Unfortunately I believe he probably kept her alive for a little while in that basement. He took her there for a reason. I also don't think he could have completely disposed of her body in that backyard fire. So there are either other remains buried there at the house or else he carried remains to another location.

Yes, Utah has capital punishment.

And sadly, he actually got away with it for that time being... until the police showed up with a warrant and neighbors started talking about it. Sigh. It really is unbelievable. I'd be calling the police if any of our close neighbors were burning stuff in their yard, even without a strong stench, simply because I'd be afraid of the whole neighborhood going up with how close we all are!!

I'm a little furious at the lack of "it takes a village" in that neighborhood. I can't help it. Real, involved communities are far safer than online...

What a sad outcome.

I feel for Kenzie’s family and friends right now.

I feel for the Lyft Driver too. This isn’t their fault and they likely will feel guilty for it for the rest of their life. Ultimately, they were doing their job - they didn’t know the person Kenzie was meeting was dangerous and her demeanour was fine. The person responsible is the person who killed her. I hope people go easy on the Lyft driver.

Mine, too. After hearing his roommates mention girls coming and going from their apt, I was hoping he merely trafficked her and the police would rescue her.

My concern is, with so many girls coming and going, is there someone else unaccounted for? I won’t be surprised if it is not his first case

A little perspective - I live in SLC and my neighbor told me when they moved in, they had big bonfires in their backyard for a few nights to get rid of grasses and such. No one called the cops on them, but a neighbor did come over a couple of nights in and told them the smoke was coming into their house due to their swap cooler. That was crazy to me that no one called the cops, she said their fires were huge!
Another thing my neighbor suggested was, maybe ML turned her phone off because maybe her family/friends have access and could see where she was going? No disrespect, maybe she just wanted some privacy and felt safe with who she was going to meet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298