UT UT - Shelby Campbell, 29, did not return from hike, North Ogden, 8 Sep 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello. Anyone that is planning on hiking today to search for Shelby please be extra careful with the weather we are having. Take extra precautions and watch your steps well. The north Ogden divide is a very slopey place, and with the rain it can make for a bad hike.

Facebook Groups

Part of most recent post from admin on the public FB Group “Help Bring Shelby Home”:

Evidence Shelby left behind gives us reason to believe she made plans to go up there but didn’t plan on returning. It’s nerve wrecking and confusing because we don’t know why!? What’s made this even more difficult is trying to find someone who doesn’t want to be found. There’s just so many unknowns at this time and it’s taking a toll on all of us having more questions then answers.
(Quote is RSBM)

Some of the photos show her with a little dog. Does anyone know if it’s her dog specifically, and if she left it behind? I only ask because the quoted post I snipped above does sound like self harm. My dogs saved me several times. I couldn’t leave them to not be found for days or suffer/grieve like that. They depended on me. Would she have those same thoughts? Do we know if she took the dog with her? Maybe I missed that detail. I could be way off base. ALL is JMO MOO.

Posted: Oct 5, 2020 / 05:08 PM MDT / Updated: Oct 5, 2020 / 08:26 PM MDT
29-year-old Shelby Campbell’s car was found in the North Ogden Divide Trailhead parking lot and still there’s been no sight of Shelby. ABC4’s Northern Utah correspondent, Jordan Verdadeiro spoke to locals on a search, they say, they won’t give up on.

Several volunteers, even people who don’t know Shelby Campbell personally, are spending countless hours searching on trails and beyond, for the missing 29-year-old.

Robert Crane is just one of many volunteers, hiking through the North Ogden Divide Trailhead, looking for answers. Almost every day there’s a group of locals from surrounding cities on these trails.
“I got a nose for sometimes seeing things, spotting things other people don’t cuz’ I’m pretty slow,” said Crane.

Crane came from Layton after finding the “Help Bring Shelby Home” Facebook page. Her car was last seen in this North Ogden Divide Trailhead parking lot, on September 8th. Shelby is described as an avid hiker.

“I’m thinking it’s probably somewhere closer, but very well hidden and if she hikes a lot, there’s just some out of the way little places no one else would know,” said Crane.

Weber County Sheriff officials say, it is an active investigation but they are treating it as a missing persons case. Officials say they do not believe there is foul play in the case.
Locals not giving up search for missing Shelby Campbell | ABC4 Utah

Where is Shelby? Family of Weber Co. hiker still looking for answers | ABC4 Utah

“There’s not a day that goes by that she’s not on our minds, on my mind, you know every single day, she’s there,” says Andre Erebia, Shelby’s boyfriend.

Erebia says she left a vague note, with just a few words, before her disappearance.

“She hid her depression, that she was going through, her feelings, even from me,” says Erebia.

But it’s still unclear what happened to her.

“Whatever it takes, we’ll do it to make sure that she is found and she gets that peace that she needs, to move on,” says Heather Cummins, Shelby’s sister.

Loved ones say the hardest part is not finding any evidence, other than her car and a note.

“Right now our biggest hope is that we get more answers, you know, we just don’t have a lot to go off of,” says Cummins.

According to the Weber County Sheriff’s Office, they are not actively looking for Shelby until there are leads and the case will remain open. Officials say there is no sign of foul play in her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back