UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I asked earlier if they were Mormons it was just to get a idea of the family life. Mormons tend to have lots of family and friends and church involvement and certain rituals.

Sundays are so important in a Mormons life it is nonsense to believe he got mixed up on the day.

Marriage counseling would have been through the church probably.

Good practicing Mormons keep journals.

Ah yes! All good points... This is why I was wondering what you were thinking. Again, I didn't mean to sound snarky, I just want some avenues to consider. It is still early in this story, so anything to be thought of should be. We might come up with something that will help find Susan.

I do want to add that divorce is somewhat frowned upon in the Mormon church. I can't see how the sin of murder would be considered a "better" option, but just saying... When someone's mind snaps, it is possible that they will do anything to try to "save face", especially if they have deluded themselves into thinking there is no way they would be caught. This is entirely MOO.

IIRC, on NG she said he had been out of work for a while and was to start a new job on Monday that he was a no-show and didn't call in either. Also, that he wanted to go out and try a new generator out.
How was she to get to work with no car on Monday, since they shared the van?
Why would they need day care if he had been out of work for a while?
so many questions

More I think about it, I think she was killed early and the body dumped on the "sledding trip" Who takes a 2 year old sledding in the dark?

I think he came home and and got in a panic and ran. Then thought about it and came home and can't believe the police have not arrested him.

Half an hour or so ago I saw an article at KSL where LE names Josh as a person of interest. It talked about how they took cadaver dogs out to the campsite but found nothing. I came back here to post it and the below article is in it's place now. ETA: there was also a mention that LE was going to attempt to conduct a third interview on Friday.

Father hopes for safe return of daughter, but knows time is running out

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8997206

Checked comments - saw this one :(

10:31pm - Fri Dec 11th, 2009
"Daddy said mommy stayed in the woods awhile."

FWIW

Unfortunately, not a surprise (if true)

I think he is a liar too, if he said he went camping in the south I bet he went north.

I'd like to know if the cadaver dogs were in the home. Especially around the place where the two fans were drying the wet spot on the floor when the police broke the window to get in.

Husband in a hurry to leave house forgets his cell phone at house...........
hmmmmmmmm, bad winter weather and 2 tiny children.............
doesn't make sense, does it?
Should be first thing on list!

You'd think so huh. But it seems this guy can't even remember what day it was. Very odd.

Mel

I think he is a liar too, if he said he went camping in the south I bet he went north.

Another sociopath no doubt. Makes perfect sense if he said he went South then of course he went North. Love the way he say's in the one video "The kids loved her." Note past tense...

I'd like to know if the cadaver dogs were in the home. Especially around the place where the two fans were drying the wet spot on the floor when the police broke the window to get in.

I would think if that carpeting has a pad under it then LE could rip that carpet up and probably find blood in the padding. I'm sure blood isn't any easier to get out of carpet padding than doggie pee is...kwim

Cell phone pings will bear out the truth I'm sure.

I wonder if Susan's sister tried to contact him before she called in the missing person's report? Did he ever answer if she tried to call him? Or was his phone off and it went straight to voice mail?

The records from the carrier will tell..........

Going to have smores for breakfast.

"A lot of times I just go camping with my boys; not anything big I just go over night. We do 'smores...and stuff like that...so I just went with the boys planning on doing 'smores in the morning" said Powell.
http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=66341

Add something to my hinky meter. Giving a 1 year old Smores for breakie? What time did they have breakfast - especially leaving so late. Isn't it difficult to build a fire in the snow (unless they had a grill or something). Those little ones must have been freezing.

I have so many questions - so few answers. Did they have a caravan (pulled by a truck) or a mobile home? Don't tell me they camped in tents.

What was the distance time was. Did he have just enough time to get there, get a few hours sleep (kill wife inserted here), have smores for breakfast, then drive home?

Fans in the bedroom? WTH.

I am so confoosed.

Mel

It all looks bad. If foul play was suppose to happen when he was gone...what killer would take the time to clean up and plug in two fans to dry up the floor.
I pray for the family and friends.

Cell phone pings will bear out the truth I'm sure.

I wonder if Susan's sister tried to contact him before she called in the missing person's report? Did he ever answer if she tried to call him? Or was his phone off and it went straight to voice mail?

The records from the carrier will tell..........

One of the articles I read said neither one answered their cell phones.

The dinner might have been the spark that set off the control freak in him. She might have invited someone from church without his approval first.

I bet he has told LE he has no idea about the 2 fans.........he had left to go "camping" with their 2 sons.

Like I said before, I hope LE dusted the plugs of those fans for fingerprints.

Appears to me he was a bit of a pipsqueak. But then, little guys are the worst when it comes to proving their manhood. Seriously, check out AMW: they are almost always 'little guys.' Watch it, and tell me. 90% are 5'8", and under.

Back to the point--knowing what I now know about the fans...an even worse outcome. The sooner, the better. Let her family put her to rest, no custody ordeals, etc. This is one case that there is NO benefit of the doubt. Does anyone really disagree?

I think that's called "Short-Man Syndrome." Most of the time, it just results in a person buying a Corvette. When you throw in a crazy gene, it gets ugly.

Here is a message that was just sent via the FB page that was set up for her with a few links.

--------------------
Subject: News for Family, Friends, and Supporter of Susan Powell

Hello to all the members of the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page,

We wanted send out a message to recap some of the past couple days events, and look forward to the future and how you all can help in bringing Susan home. We first want to thank the many people who have been dedicated over the last few days doing so many things. We also would like to give our deepest sincere thoughts to all of Susan's family and closest friends. Today we passed 1000 members that all share the same hope that we bring Susan home soon.

So the last couple days of course many things have been going on. Over the last 48 hours the media attention has really taken a upswing which is great because it gets Susan's disappearance out to many people. Last night of course was the first Candle Light Vigil and it was a great turn out. Today brought on more media, including much national attention. Many of these media clips have been posted on the group page.

Now on too some plans for this weekend. Bishop Richman has announced that the Hunter 36th Ward is holding a special fast this weekend for Susan. They will meet at the stake center (3930 South 6000 West) at noon on Saturday to have a prayer to begin the fast. They ask that families end the fast in their homes as families. They are inviting everyone to participate with them.

Also on Saturday there will be some major flier distribution efforts. First Kayla posted this excellent news "A special thanks to Fedex Kinkos for donating 1000 copies, giving us a $150.00 discount on 2000 copies and post net for donating 100 copies to pass out. Thank you Emily for paying for the 2000 copies and Kristie VanWangner for driving me all over the place to pick them up. I have 3400 copys!!!" So we now have pleanty of the missing persons posters to 'paint the town Susan' on Saturday. We want everyone out shopping, and doing other things to constantly see her picture. Fliers will be available at Noon at the Stake Center right after the fast begins.

Then tomorrow night we need some folks to brave the cold and hand out fliers at the Jazz game. We cannot be inside the arena but have permission to be outside giving out the fliers. The game starts at 9:00. We would like those coming to meet at Gateway Mall at the Fountain at 6:30 to pass fliers there before going to the arena.

For those events you may just show up or RSVP to the events listed on the group page.

For those that cannot make it to these you still can print your own or just send them to people online. That poster is available at:

http://www.facebook.com/l/ec323;i19...ums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/SusanPowell2-Color.jpg

Lastly we would like to share two very special posts that were made this evening. Both of these are great videos that you may share with anyone that you would like. I want to thank Colby, and Melissa for making them.

http://www.facebook.com/l/ec323;bit.ly/susanvideo

http://www.facebook.com/l/ec323;www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZY4Qdqt5s

Again thank all of you for signing up and giving your time, prayers, and support to the friends and family. We will try to send an update every couple days to keep everyone involved and on top of things. in between these updates please visit the page and participate.

Another sociopath no doubt. Makes perfect sense if he said he went South then of course he went North. Love the way he say's in the one video "The kids loved her." Note past tense...

OMGosh, you are sooo right Momtective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member