UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it seem weird that her siblings haven't come to Utah yet? I don't have siblings, but I think I would be there. Her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

This doesn't seem weird to me at all, and in fact, I can completely understand and sympathize... Sometimes no matter what terrible things pop up in our lives, we cannot financially or otherwise be where we want to be. I know this all too well from my own personal experiences when I lived in a different state than my family.

They may have trouble getting off work, or cannot afford the trip right now. It is right before Christmas after all, and they most likely have families of their own.

I truly think LE is gathering their case, and putting all the ducks in a row for the arrest of Josh. There is still a lot of forensic evidence to be processed - according to folks in the neighborhood, the forensic mobile collection unit was at the house for quite awhile. It could be a week before results are back. In the meanwhile, since Josh is not talking, as long as he does not flee, there is no reason to act hastily and risk a poorly thought out prosecution case. I am sure LE is all over him 24/7 to make sure he does not get out of their sight.:hand:

This doesn't seem weird to me at all, and in fact, I can completely understand and sympathize... Sometimes no matter what terrible things pop up in our lives, we cannot financially or otherwise be where we want to be. I know this all too well from my own personal experiences when I lived in a different state than my family.

They may have trouble getting off work, or cannot afford the trip right now. It is right before Christmas after all, and they most likely have families of their own.

Thank you~I didn't see that way at first!

does he sort of remind anyone else of misty croslin??
with the looking down... and allt he "ums" and uhs" and the long pauses between every word?

does he sort of remind anyone else of misty croslin??
with the looking down... and allt he "ums" and uhs" and the long pauses between every word?

you're right, Blonde Gurl -- but I think he comes across as even more fake -- especially when his upper lip is all curled up.

scott peterson.... reminds me so much of scott peterson.... (and not just the time of year either)

I know Joshua said he didn't know what day it was because he didn't go to church that Sunday. However, Susan and her two sons did attend? Now how do you forget what day it is if your family is off at church?

In looking at the timeline, I think the murder (IMHO) happened between Joshua coming home at 8:30 and departing again at 12:30 AM.

Does anyone know if the van has been confiscated? Cadaver dogs in the home, etc? This case is going way too slow for me.

Best,

Mel

Noon, Dec. 6 » Susan Powell, 28, and her two sons attended church services at the Hunter 36th Ward, and then walked home with friend Kiirsi Hellewell.

Afternoon, Dec. 6 » Neighbor JoVonna Owings dropped by the Powell's home on Sunday afternoon to visit with Susan Powell. The family had pancakes for dinner. Susan, who was feeling ill, lied down for a nap about 5 p.m. Owings left, as did Joshua Powell, who said he was taking his two sons sledding.

8:30 p.m., Dec. 6 » A neighbor saw Joshua Powell as he returned home and pulled into his garage.

12 a.m. to 12:30 a.m, Dec. 7 » Joshua Powell says he left home with his two sons to go camping at Simpson Springs in the West Desert, while Susan remained home.

9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Dec. 7 » The Powell's daycare provider became alarmed when the couple failed to drop off their sons on schedule and she could not reach either parent by cell phone or at their home. She contacted Joshua Powell's mother and sister, who called police after they could not locate the pair. Police break into the Powell's home but find no one there.

Evening, Dec. 7 » Joshua Powell and his two young sons returned home between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. He was taken to the West Valley Police station to be questioned.

11 a.m., Dec. 8 » Charles Cox received a telephone call from Joshua Powell, who informed him Susan was missing and that he was about to be interviewed by police again.

Dec. 10 » Law officers searched the Simpson Springs area where Joshua Powell said he camped with his sons but found nothing.

Dec. 14 » Joshua Powell hired defense attorney Scott Williams. He skipped third interview with West Valley City Police.

If he did murder his wife and dispose of her body, and if he feels the police are closing in on him... I wonder how much of a suicide risk he is?

I would hate for him to commit suicide, and take the answers with him.

They also may be helping take care of their mother who was not able to make the trip and still in Washington.

VB

I just wonder why her siblings have not made some sort of statement though. I am sure the story is in their local papers if they live where Susan grew up.

If he did murder his wife and dispose of her body, and if he feels the police are closing in on him... I wonder how much of a suicide risk he is?

I would hate for him to commit suicide, and take the answers with him.

With the narcisstic controller that he seems to be, I think suicide would not really be an option for him. IMO he just wants this to all go away, and be over. But, not his life--oh, no too valuable! Plus, who would take care of "his boys?"

Can you imagine him thinking of her body decomposing in the remote location that HE placed her? (talk about nightmares) Wondering when the police will pull up with an arrest warrant? And, never let her family, or children have any answers. To at least give her a proper LDS/Christian burial so that all who loved her can "be with" her in some way.

As for siblings not coming with dad to UTAH, IIRC someone said her mom is very ill.
Maybe they are torn between taking care of mom and their sister.
How many siblings does she have??? Where do they live???

Did anyone see a date of birth for Susan Cox Powell???? where she was born? TIA

I just wonder why her siblings have not made some sort of statement though. I am sure the story is in their local papers if they live where Susan grew up.

I live ten miles from where the parents live. I've been following the local coverage and it's the basic AP stuff. No word from the siblings that I've found. I did hear of one friend that lives up here, and according to her the police are in regular contact with the family members in Washington, and she expressed a lot of gratitude for that.

Perhaps it's just too painful to speak. Perhaps Dad and his LE friend said just leave it to us at this point. Maybe they are sheltering their own families and kids.

you're right, Blonde Gurl -- but I think he comes across as even more fake -- especially when his upper lip is all curled up.

I noticed his lip thing also, I never saw any one do that before.........is it a normal?

I live ten miles from where the parents live. I've been following the local coverage and it's the basic AP stuff. No word from the siblings that I've found. I did hear of one friend that lives up here, and according to her the police are in regular contact with the family members in Washington, and she expressed a lot of gratitude for that.

Perhaps it's just too painful to speak. Perhaps Dad and his LE friend said just leave it to us at this point. Maybe they are sheltering their own families and kids.

Ginger, I think that Dad is a very strong man, and has everything under control. (he has his LE bud with him) And, is telling the rest of the family to do the same--which is to remain silent. Susan's father, Mr. Cox, is so very dignified, and careful about his answers. Maybe that's where some of her/Susan's strength came, along with her ill Mother. My heart just bleeds for him for having to exemplify such grace under unbelievable pressure.

HI did you all see this article:

Missing Utah mom's husband met with police
By BROCK VERGAKIS and JENNIFER DOBNER (AP) – 1 hour ago

SALT LAKE CITY — An attorney says the husband of a missing Utah woman has been answering questions on a daily basis and is not hindering an investigation into her disappearance.

Attorney Scott Williams tells The Associated Press that he and Josh Powell met with West Valley City police on Tuesday. He says Powell is answering police questions in an effort to help find his wife, Susan Powell.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CK3JQO0

I know Joshua said he didn't know what day it was because he didn't go to church that Sunday. However, Susan and her two sons did attend? Now how do you forget what day it is if your family is off at church?

In looking at the timeline, I think the murder (IMHO) happened between Joshua coming home at 8:30 and departing again at 12:30 AM.

Does anyone know if the van has been confiscated? Cadaver dogs in the home, etc? This case is going way too slow for me.

Best,

Mel

Noon, Dec. 6 » Susan Powell, 28, and her two sons attended church services at the Hunter 36th Ward, and then walked home with friend Kiirsi Hellewell.

Afternoon, Dec. 6 » Neighbor JoVonna Owings dropped by the Powell's home on Sunday afternoon to visit with Susan Powell. The family had pancakes for dinner. Susan, who was feeling ill, lied down for a nap about 5 p.m. Owings left, as did Joshua Powell, who said he was taking his two sons sledding.

8:30 p.m., Dec. 6 » A neighbor saw Joshua Powell as he returned home and pulled into his garage.

12 a.m. to 12:30 a.m, Dec. 7 » Joshua Powell says he left home with his two sons to go camping at Simpson Springs in the West Desert, while Susan remained home.

9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Dec. 7 » The Powell's daycare provider became alarmed when the couple failed to drop off their sons on schedule and she could not reach either parent by cell phone or at their home. She contacted Joshua Powell's mother and sister, who called police after they could not locate the pair. Police break into the Powell's home but find no one there.

Evening, Dec. 7 » Joshua Powell and his two young sons returned home between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. He was taken to the West Valley Police station to be questioned.

11 a.m., Dec. 8 » Charles Cox received a telephone call from Joshua Powell, who informed him Susan was missing and that he was about to be interviewed by police again.

Dec. 10 » Law officers searched the Simpson Springs area where Joshua Powell said he camped with his sons but found nothing.

Dec. 14 » Joshua Powell hired defense attorney Scott Williams. He skipped third interview with West Valley City Police.

yes, the van was impounded and the csi folks came in the house and carted away some stuff(not been told what stuff).....he has the van back already...

I wonder who is blowing smoke about if he is cooperating with LE or not ? My bet is on Josh's new defense attorney would be the one blowing smoke....about answering questions...
Maybe he went in for 5 mins today.....sheesh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState