UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she had anything to do with Susan's disappearance, either except, perhaps, for possibly withholding information because..........she's got a thing for him. She's older, possibly lonely, and here's this young guy who, if he were looking for someone to be a pawn, would just have to throw her a couple crumbs of attention, and...viola, he's got a supporter for life.

I don't think she has anything to do with Susan's disappearance. This woman looks very stoic and straight laced. Nothing exploitive or sexy about her. Makes me wonder if her world view doesn't hold some conditions for men - such as never talk down about them, or always honor the man??

also, talking on national TV isn't easy and, as much as she wants to be honest, I think the questions put her in a very difficult situation. she is very, very careful. mho

Friends and Family of Susan Powell FB page will be down on Christmas day for observance and to have a day of quiet and reflection for Susan..... Everyone have a Merry Christmas!!!

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-neighbors-josh-possibly-involved-susan-powell,0,1188310.story

very good video/interview with the neighbor. He thinks Josh did it. He also says that Susan emailed him with her concerns but she had to do it from WORK. Josh was so controlling he would not let her use the computer at home!

Also: LE took Josh's original cell phone (thank God) when they took the van.

eta: there will be more on this channel at five pm per the interview with Jim Peterson.. who is reported as fearing for Susan's life!

I hope the police have checked to see if Joshy has recently purchased any cement mix -- like Quikcrete.....it sets up quickly & it also can irritate/burn your skin.

Maybe he made some anchors ala Scott Peterson. :(

Or checked to see if he bought lime....it will also irritate the skin. :(

iirc susan had a garden in the summer, didnt she? i know i read that she canned her own veggies. so there may have been lime used for gardening already at their home, garage maybe?

I have a phrase I use in discussions with Mrs. , as follows: "If there are two ways you can take what I am about to say, and one of them upsets you, I meant the other one." By this I mean I am honestly asking a question, not trying to send a coded message meant to in any way belittle or degrade. I just want to understand.

If you cannot get into the temple without a recommend, and you cannot get a recommend without attending, what happens if it expires? Would Josh have had to check in every time with someone so they could approve him to get in so he could attend to fulfill the requirement?

Note - of course, that line doesn't work.

Attendance is referring to the local ward house meetings on Sundays. You and I can go in. A temple recommend is what it states. It allows you to go into the dedicated temples for various reasons. Usually reserved for the most holy of ceremonies like temple marriages (Sealings). So in other words being a good boy at the local ward house will get you a recommend to be allowed into the temple. I'm not LDS, so someone can jump in and correct me. lol.

I have a phrase I use in discussions with Mrs. , as follows: "If there are two ways you can take what I am about to say, and one of them upsets you, I meant the other one." By this I mean I am honestly asking a question, not trying to send a coded message meant to in any way belittle or degrade. I just want to understand.

If you cannot get into the temple without a recommend, and you cannot get a recommend without attending, what happens if it expires? Would Josh have had to check in every time with someone so they could approve him to get in so he could attend to fulfill the requirement?

No, I'm not offended at all. And speaking of Mrs. - does she cut your hair? I like it. I like it a lot. If having a wickedly-cool mullet is wrong, I don't want to be right? I think you hear me knocking - am I right?

The temple is different than regular church. There are a hundred or so temples in the world. There are thousands of LDS meeting houses. The temple is a place where only certain ordinances are performed (weddings, for example). The temples aren't even open on Sunday. LDS members attend regular church meetings in the meeting houses that you see all over. Anyone can go into the meeting houses - even those who aren't members of the LDS church. Temples are considered sacred by Mormons, so only those who have temple recommends are allowed to go.

So, to attend the temple, one must first be able to say, among other things, that they regularly attend their church meetings. Does that make sense?

This Tim Peterson dude knew all about the marriage troubles.
I have not seen his wife speaking out.

Not sure what I think of this guy, but I always wonder about motives when someone (neighbor, etc) starts dishing.

Kind of the same feeling about Jovonna, maybe.

, the Temples are just for certain functions and seperate from the church they go to every week where those questions would be put to them. You don't need a Temple reccomendation to go to church, just to get in the Temple.

I know wife-killers have hauled their bodies for miles before, but it's really not that common from the cases I've read....most bodies are found close to home....I can't see Joshy wanting to drive a body for hundreds of miles.

What if he went somewhere close during the 5-ish til 8:30pm timeframe to prepare a place for the body - or scout it out to be sure it would be safe to take one to that place? (for some reason I believe it's related to water...IDK why.) He could have gotten the windburn/frostbite at this time doing his 'prep work'.

Then he returns to the house around 8:30, puts the kids to bed, waits til they are sleeping (and maybe even Susan is sleeping) and does the dirty deed.

He is very nervous & in his haste to lock or unlock the van, he hits the wrong button & the alarm sounds. Puts Susan in the back, goes back into the house to get the sleeping boys, one at a time, making sure he doesn't wake them.

He drives off into the nite w/ the boys still asleep, takes Susan to the site he picked out earlier, and his hands get even more damaged.....then he drives away still nervous about what he's done....he drives & drives & drives -- no place in particular....pulls over to sleep in an isolated area & when the boys wake them up he tells them they are camping.

JMOOOC as I've been thinking of scenarios that would explain him leaving the house 2x, putting the body close to him, and explain being gone for 17 hours.

There is something in this post that got me thinking from another angle. Thanks Texas Mist for pointing out a reason for leaving the house twice. Maybe the body is alot closer to home then. We know he came back at 8:30 pm from doing something to prepare. I don't think Josh would want to drive around with the body in the van for too long either.

, the Temples are just for certain functions and seperate from the church they go to every week where those questions would be put to them. You don't need a Temple reccomendation to go to church, just to get in the Temple.
is a temple reccomendation like a piece of paper? Does it expire, etc?

Also, Josh seemed to have been attending when he MET Susan... as he met her at single's ward iirc..

This Tim Peterson dude knew all about the marriage troubles.
I have not seen his wife speaking out.

Not sure what I think of this guy, but I always wonder about motives when someone (neighbor, etc) starts dishing.

Kind of the same feeling about Jovonna, maybe.

You know Amanda that has bothered me from the start. There was also a point where he had to call the police on Josh but we don't know what it was about. Maybe this is just bad blood letting it all out.

I really do believe though Josh went to the people he felt were messing with his married life after he killed Susan. I think he went to the church that next Sunday and sat there and cried and really was just saying hey I am here and she is not. I think he went to Petersons for the same reason and he went to the Candle Vigil for the same reason, telling the Cox's here I am and she is not. Those are probably the main people he blames for having to kill her.

a thought about the chapped/burned hands as well as the possibility that he may have gotten the van stuck somewhere during the "camping" trip...what if he got the van stuck BEFORE he had left susan somewhere? that might cause him to really panic and use everything in his power(hands in snow) to get un-stuck before someone came along and offered help....like a police officer?? it really doesnt make a difference anyway, but just wondering whats up with the hands...

is a temple reccomendation like a piece of paper? Does it expire, etc?

Also, Josh seemed to have been attending when he MET Susan... as he met her at single's ward iirc..

I think you just get your name on a list. It has to be renewed every 2 years.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353673/Friend-Powell-took-time-getting-home.html

New article, this stuff is really falling apart for Josh now.

When Josh Powell was first told his wife was missing, it took him two hours to get home even though he said he had been driving around West Valley City, according to a neighbor and friend of Susan Powell.

There's a lot of other major hink action in this article. It paints a much fuller picture of how NOT worried and odd he was behaving.

You know Amanda that has bothered me from the start. There was also a point where he had to call the police on Josh but we don't know what it was about. Maybe this is just bad blood letting it all out.

I really do believe though Josh went to the people he felt were messing with his married life after he killed Susan. I think he went to the church that next Sunday and sat there and cried and really was just saying hey I am here and she is not. I think he went to Petersons for the same reason and he went to the Candle Vigil for the same reason, telling the Cox's here I am and she is not. Those are probably the main people he blames for having to kill her.

You know what? I think this is exactly it.

They wouldn't just leave her alone, they had to keep pushing that dang religion on her (to his way of thinking, I mean)

If they'd all left them alone, she wouldn't have gotten those ideas into her head.... and so on.

When Josh Powell was first told his wife was missing, it took him two hours to get home even though he said he had been driving around West Valley City, according to a neighbor and friend of Susan Powell

Tim Petersen is a neighbor of the Powells and a member of their LDS Church ward. He and his wife are good friends with Susan, and Tim has helped Susan with her marriage counseling.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353673/Friend-Powell-took-time-getting-home.html

I don't see anything hinky about Mr. Peterson. I see a friend coming forward as she continues to be missing and Josh has not been arrested. He knows Josh did this and must know a LOT of details about their problems as well.

Now I really am voting with what you said above, Doctor Fessel! He went to all the people that he most likely blamed for having to kill his wife. Including Kiirsi who is clueless about it and still thinks he is a poor, innocent man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive