UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh has a brother Michael C. Powell. He ran for office this past fall in WA (lost)
Josh's company (the polished thing) was the web designer.

I saved a few captures on the pb, but the url is michaelcpowell.com

Thanks, how could I forget that????
geez........

It isn't his sister. But it is someone who is familiar to the children. In the vid, Josh picks up Braden and walks off, leaving the woman to bring Charlie.

More captures:

leavingchurch.jpg

12-12b.jpg

Couple more here, but those 2 may be the best-
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan Powell/?start=160

I believe the woman is Shelby Gifford. Her husband accompanied Chuck Cox to UT and he's ex-LE. She's was the spokesperson for Susan in Washington (view to PR from Washington). JMO and I could be sooooo wrong.

Here's Shelby:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan Powell/?action=view&current=88.jpg

Sister-in-law: Jennifer Powell Graves
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan Powell/?action=view&current=88.jpg

I really think the testing of evidence is what is holding this up ..or at least I hope and I certainly hope there was something to test ...{bang head}

I just about can't take much more of this waiting ..I've been waiting on Nevaeh , Sommer , Haleigh , and many more ...can I scream just yet !!!!

It isn't Shelby either.
At the presser, you could see the hair mark, so she did not recently dye her hair from grey.... Shelby is reddish. (I can post a pic if you want, but I am not sure we need to over-run this page with pics...not sure of the pics rules)

Here's a Shelby link:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/88.jpg

No idea what his Mom looks like. So far, I haven't seen Mom or Dad.

What's the chance of the TRIBUNE winning to open the records of the
of the search warrants????
Wonder how long that takes?

Mark Geragos thinks Josh is being suspected prematurely.

Now this is the kind of stuff that really pizzes me off. What else would one expect from a defense attorney? but, even from him come on!

I agree with Harleysnana and others that vigils and prayers are very powerful. Not to bring Susan back alive, but for support for the family, any tiny shred of peace, and faith that the Lord will help you through this.

As for the Facebook page it has given some comfort to family and friends-- hopefully a lot. Haven't been to her page for 3 days, (couldn't modem has been wonky) but I hope that the link for discussion is prominent at the top of Friends and Family of Susan. Things have been speculated in these threads on what may have happened to her body...can you imagine her parent's, sisters, or friends reading that in the middle of messages saying "we are praying for Susan?"

Makes me feel like there should be 2 separate pages, but both are needed.

What would really be helpful? Searches should BE conducted. Don't care how many sq miles that are involved. Why not start from the city limits, going out a radius of a mile or 2 in one day, and continuing on from there? Surely there would be thousands of volunteers. The snow had melted for awhile, now looks like it will be snow covered again. What could these searches possibly hurt? It's a big area, so we won't even try? I don't get it.

The problem is, IMO, once you post out to the general public and reprimand others for what they say, you then become a target for the words written in cyber-space. The best thing to do is not say anything especially if you have close ties to the family AND especially if you are asking the cyber-world to join in on a Internet Media Blitz to find Susan.

i agree, but let's not forget that they have never been through anything like this before. would we know how to do it? i sure wouldn't. maybe some mistakes have been made, but i really don't blame Kiirsi.

i agree, but let's not forget that they have never been through anything like this before. would we know how to do it? i sure wouldn't. maybe some mistakes have been made, but i really don't blame Kiirsi.

I do blame Kiirsi for FLASE information being put out on the 'net = her twitter and her blogs. It's LAME, IMO. Either get behind your friend or get out of the way. Kiirsi is in front of her friend protecting Josh and her church, IMO. GAG.

Volunteers searching for Susan Powell
Reported by: Christiana Brady
Last Update: 12/28 9:19 pm

As thousands around the world learn about the story of Susan Powell, more and more perfect strangers are moved to help. ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan.

Together and apart, Susan and Travis have covered hundreds of miles. They've scoured as close as Susan's neighborhood, and even out as far as the marshes of the Great Salt Lake, Utah Lake and Saratoga Springs and today, the search begins at Stansbury Lake. But what makes two people who've never met Susan, one of them a 19-year old boy, moved to help? Laurell Lowe says, "I have a 2-year old and 4-year old as well, and I just can't imagine my kids being without their mom." She's not the only one. Today, there were several different facebook posts responding to an online inquiry about searching.

Just as Laurel and Travis have been doing, the Cox family spokeswoman advises anyone who wants to help to first coordinate with police before searching any undisturbed areas. Susan's friends advise searchers to not tamper with evidence....but saying, they appreciate the gesture

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-for-Susan-Powell/jLPjgvcYz0GovDt1V-rmRw.cspx

Excellent for Laurel and Travis! Susan's family, friends, and we thank you so! Now that's what I'm talkin' about--organized or no, go look for her. Landowners/camp proprietor's check your property. Got a 4 wheel drive, or ATV?--look for her. Why no organized search? That I do not get. Anyone close enough just give what time you have, and go look for Susan. If not by LE, a grassroots movement will do. Hopefully organized enough that same areas will not be re-searched too many times. (different, and more familiar eyes could mean the difference) Locals could section it off, and just go look. Even within city limits after further thought.

Excellent for these people! Now that's what I'm talkin' about--organized or no, go look for her. landowners check your property. anyone close enough just give what time you have, and go look for Susan.

The LINK was about 2 people:
"ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan".

Susan's BFF (Kiirsi) is doing a Media Blitz to help her friend and wants no searches according to her blog. gag.

sorry if this has been posted. I think I need to go to bed. Oh well.....

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14088286

An attorney for The Salt Lake Tribune on Tuesday argued history and the law favor opening search warrants connected to the Susan Powell disappearance case to the public.
"Public access to warrant materials serves as a check on the judiciary because the public can ensure that judges are not merely serving as a rubber stamp for the police," attorney Michael O'Brien wrote in a motion filed in state court.

more to read at link

The LINK was about 2 people:
"ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan".

Susan's BFF (Kiirsi) is doing a Media Blitz to help her friend and wants no searches according to her blog. gag.
BBM

:waitasec:
:yow:

Can we say WTF?????

Please promise me that if I ever come up missing, and my "best friend" says somewhere that there doesnt need to be any searches, SOMEONE SERIOUSLY PLEASE :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead like the crack smoker they are and COME FIND ME!!!

my bff... myra.. would come and bite the *advertiser censored* off of anyone who could chew if I were missing. I trust it and know it!

She would shoot you all a a new if she thought it made sense.

So where are these kinds of friends for Josh other than the cursory ones? He doesn't have a friend... not a one.. despite being a REALATOR! that is STRANGE TO ME. not the first strange thing according to Josh... not the last....

bring it on Josh.. show your mettle.. or don't. I bet you don't that is just my bet.

Do you think we're missing something? Wife killers more often than not have a girlfriend on the side. Do you think someone will come forward?

Just a thought....

Mel

Whoa whoda thunk... Josh, the player... :waitasec:

:parrot:

In my opinion, He does seem like the type to convince a lonely insecure woman that he's in love with her so she will help him out in some horrendous plan of murder and lies. Maybe I've been watching too much TV lately...

Just checkin in here...looks like Josh is stonewalling still...and still has those boys !!

All of our ranting and raving won't do much...what we do need is new laws, new ways of thinking IMHO

when a parent is a POI in the case of a missing/murdered spouse, the children of the couple should be removed from the home until some determination is made

there ought to be some law like that....call it "Susan's Law" if you wish

there has to be some way to get those kids from that jerk JMO

Isn't taking those young kids "camping" in middle of night, freezing weather, some sort of endangerment?? I think someone needs to get creative legally..put those boys first

I mean ol JP might really put somethin on the ladies, what do I know
WTHsmiley.gif
...really not trying to go there...
yuck.gif

Still tend to believe the 3-hour "sledding" trip earlier that eve was to either kill time between poisoning, and death and disposal; or after death, to scout around in search of a suitable disposal site--after which he returned for her body, then drove to the initial site where he left her. I do not think she is closeby--because he probably is so arrogant he thought if he took her far enough out into the wintry wilderness he could outfox LE... but I may be wrong.

And as I've also said, based upon his frostbitten hands, I think it was after van was seized that she was either buried, or dug up and moved JMO

:parrot:

BBM

:waitasec:
:yow:

Can we say WTF?????

Please promise me that if I ever come up missing, and my "best friend" says somewhere that there doesnt need to be any searches, SOMEONE SERIOUSLY PLEASE :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead like the crack smoker they are and COME FIND ME!!!

I'll try my best. LOL. I promise.

Heck I tried my best to find a hurt coyote one time. He/she left blood on my portal after my dogs mixed it up. I didn't want to keep the coyote, but I wanted him/her to be okay. My dog and I tracked through snow/up/down the mountains where I live to find the little FEMALE ... alive and badly hurt. :( I took her to my vet and she was healed and released.

I just hate people/critters that are lost/missing/etc. Makes me sad. Susan shouldn't be lost. I believe her husband knows what happened. Dang it.

I do blame Kiirsi for FLASE information being put out on the 'net = her twitter and her blogs. It's LAME, IMO. Either get behind your friend or get out of the way. Kiirsi is in front of her friend protecting Josh and her church, IMO. GAG.

Am curious about your statement. You think she is more on Josh's side than her best friend Susan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member