UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Examiner.com article: Two coasts apart, touching the lives of people around the world: Haleigh Cummings and Susan Powell

April 16, 2010 - (Slideshow) Two missing persons cases spanning two coasts have touched the hearts of people all over the world - the Susan Cox Powell case in Washington/Utah, and the Haleigh Cummings case in Florida.

Haleigh Cummings is the adorable 5-year old Florida girl who has been missing for over a year. Her father came home from the night-shift and his daughter was missing, allegedly taken from her bed while her new step-mother, Misty Croslin, slept. Croslin has flunked four polygraph tests and a voice stress test.

Susan Cox Powell is the 28-year old West Valley City, Utah mother of two young boys who went missing over four months ago. Her husband, Josh Powell, is the last person to see her and remains the only person of interest in what police call a missing person's case with suspicious criminal overtones. Josh left Utah two weeks after Susan went missing and is living in Puyallup, Washington, with his father, Steven Powell, several of his siblings, and his two young sons.

The world is waiting for answers in both cases... click here for article.

HaleighCummingsFamilyphoto2.jpg
NicephotoofSusanFandFCropped.jpg

Could Josh have picked someone up to help him when he was supposedly sledding? Even two hours of playing in the snow, late in the eveninng, will zonk children---maybe he drove around for awhile until the children fell asleep and then picked someone up. No one would know because of the garage. Was there any truth to SP being in the area shortly after her disappearance? It has never been mentioned exactly where he took them sledding....were there witnesses? I have never heard of this part of the investigation....being investigated.

These Susan threads sure are slowing down.

Now that i read he has moved out of the home in one of the above articles, i would get another search warrant and go back to the house with the dogs, and any spot they hit on i would tear it apart inch by inch.

Now that i read he has moved out of the home in one of the above articles, i would get another search warrant and go back to the house with the dogs, and any spot they hit on i would tear it apart inch by inch.

Shouldn't that have been done at the start? I sure hope they went through that home. It is just like the rental car he got and It has been said LE did not know where he went with it. I hope LE is just saying that, because if they didn't follow him after that lame alibi, then that is a major screw up.

Shouldn't that have been done at the start? I sure hope they went through that home. It is just like the rental car he got and It has been said LE did not know where he went with it. I hope LE is just saying that, because if they didn't follow him after that lame alibi, then that is a major screw up.

yes, they should have, and maybe they did with the house, i just have not read about it.
To me it seems the camping trip, and the rental of the vehicle was to through LE off track, and have them go look in areas, where he knew she would not be.......But its all speculation on my part.

yes, they should have, and maybe they did with the house, i just have not read about it.
To me it seems the camping trip, and the rental of the vehicle was to through LE off track, and have them go look in areas, where he knew she would not be.......But its all speculation on my part.

Yeah the famous S'more camping trip. I don't think he went anywhere near where he said. More than likely the opposite direction. I think he was caught off guard with LE being at the house. He didn't expect family to call them so soon.
I also think something was happening at the time the van alarm was heard. I think Susan pressed the panic button on the keys. Just my opinion .

These Susan threads sure are slowing down.

I have very little to add to the conversation at this point. However, I check here EVERY day hoping for some news.

I have many questions that have been discussed here over and over. It all boils down to this one - Where in the world did he put her?

And maybe this one - When could/should you arrest someone on circumstantial evidence?

I have very little to add to the conversation at this point. However, I check here EVERY day hoping for some news.

I have many questions that have been discussed here over and over. It all boils down to this one - Where in the world did he put her?

And maybe this one - When could/should you arrest someone on circumstantial evidence?

Given the weather that night, I think she is closer to home.

Don't get discouraged. Suspects are rarely indicted when there is no body until a few years have passed.

And even when there is a body it can take several years to completely nail the killer.

It can be very frustrating for all, I'm sure.

Tiffany Tehan: Another young mom missing; can her family learn from Susan Powell’s case? (Video)

PHOTOS OF MALE COMPANION AND ATM VIDEO

April 20, 2010 - Another young mother, Tiffany Tehan, 31, is missing, this time in Ohio. Can her friends and family learn from the search for Susan Cox Powell? Click here for article.

So, how much $ do you think Old Man Powell spent hiring Tiffany and her beau to run away to Miami? How long until people start claiming Susan "ran away just like Tiffany?" LOL.

So, how much $ do you think Old Man Powell spent hiring Tiffany and her beau to run away to Miami? How long until people start claiming Susan "ran away just like Tiffany?" LOL.

I thought the same thing!!

She was also very committed to her church and family. Had a one year old little girl too. Just goes to show, again, this does happen. All through her thread, the friends said how devoted she was to her family, child and church. She would never "just leave" them. But it happens.

One thing did strike me "weirdly" in this case. The DH made a comment about not being mad at his wife. He made a remark how everyone has problems when trying to deal with "life". (paraphrasing) The way he said it, sounded just like JP in the beany interview. Just gave me the willies for a few seconds.

This case appears to be as cold as a Utah winter.

Using the Caylee Anthony case as a model, it seems that most of the damaging statements/lies (by the killer) were made during police questioning.

Perhaps it was because Casey wasn't yet lawyered up (wereas Josh already is), but all I've heard is that Josh has an "invitation" to come and talk to LE.

Why don't they bring him in for extended questioning, making the lawyer spend billable time with truth deflection?

With apparently so little forensic evidence (or they would have made an arrest by now), and little hope of finding a body in such a state that would yield any MORE physical evidence (it's in an abandoned mine of which there are 1000s in the SLC area), putting at least SOME pressure on the killer and the father (financial) is about all they have.

Obviously, they have detailed the father's movements (cell phone, pings, etc.) around that time period, as he was obviously the person w/Josh when the Channel 4 interviewed Josh outside the house took place ("I gotta go get my boys"). As he's brushing past the reporter and they ask "Are you his father?" he says "Friend" and goes on into the house.

While Casey Anthony's lies hung herself (needed no help from mom and dad), I think it will be the combination of Josh and father's lies about their activities and movements during this time period that will provide the answers here.

This case appears to be as cold as a Utah winter.

Using the Caylee Anthony case as a model, it seems that most of the damaging statements/lies (by the killer) were made during police questioning.

Perhaps it was because Casey wasn't yet lawyered up (wereas Josh already is), but all I've heard is that Josh has an "invitation" to come and talk to LE.

Why don't they bring him in for extended questioning, making the lawyer spend billable time with truth deflection?

With apparently so little forensic evidence (or they would have made an arrest by now), and little hope of finding a body in such a state that would yield any MORE physical evidence (it's in an abandoned mine of which there are 1000s in the SLC area), putting at least SOME pressure on the killer and the father (financial) is about all they have.

Obviously, they have detailed the father's movements (cell phone, pings, etc.) around that time period, as he was obviously the person w/Josh when the Channel 4 interviewed Josh outside the house took place ("I gotta go get my boys"). As he's brushing past the reporter and they ask "Are you his father?" he says "Friend" and goes on into the house.

While Casey Anthony's lies hung herself (needed no help from mom and dad), I think it will be the combination of Josh and father's lies about their activities and movements during this time period that will provide the answers here.

Welcome. Are you talking about the guy in the red coat?

I thought he was identified as someone else. I have read so much so maybe I am mistaken. IIRC it was OK5 who said who it was. Does anyone else remember this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back