DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No updates yet that I can see......

Body found after St. George fireworks display identified

By melinda rogers

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated 25 minutes ago
St. George police have tentatively identified a body found in a brush fire over the weekend as 50-year-old Randall Jeffery.

Jeffery was reported missing from the St. George area in April, said St. George police spokesman Johnny Heppler.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49885057-76/body-george-heppler-jeffery.html.csp

RIP Randall Jeffery

It's only tentative, but I'd bet it is him. Prayers of comfort for family...may they have some closure.

Seven months.
:praying:
Susan, we have not forgotten you.

I'm constantly googling up Susan and I always expect that she has been found. But not yet...

I feel it's going to be soon. I wish I could go exploring.

I'm constantly googling up Susan and I always expect that she has been found. But not yet...

I feel it's going to be soon. I wish I could go exploring.

Do you have anywhere specific in mind that you would go if you could??

Do you have anywhere specific in mind that you would go if you could??

I don't know. I would just start anywhere and go everywhere I could. I'm always exploring the mountains around here. I would have to see the terrain to really know where I would go. I heard the airports was a high suspect area for psychics.

I just don't see how his van would get around in the snow easily. Did he have chains or all wheel drive?

And the car he drove the 2 days later, I wonder what kind of terrain that car could handle. :waitasec:

No he didn't have chains or all wheel drive, to my knowledge. I do not know anyone that has chains unless they go somewhere routinely that they would need them, (Parley's for example) which he did not, to my knowledge.

I don't think we ever heard what car he rented, but if it was actually a car I would assume it could handle the same terrain as the van. The difference would be the weather was much better. So he could have gone a few more places.

I have more pictures of Utah's terrain than anybody ever wanted to see. :innocent: If you ever have a specific area you are wondering about, let me know.

I have also had great luck with using google images and searching for the specific location. Several that would give you an idea of the terrain are listed above.

I am here and I can go look. I know how frustrating it is for others who may have their own ideas but can't do anything.

I plan on putting a thread up about this in the next few days. Just have been trying to get my facts straight first. It's very overwhelming to try and map it all out. I also wanted to give it time after all the flooding...just to make sure nothing else was washed up from that.

I will work on that thread... and if anyone has any specific areas of interest in the meantime.... please let me know.

I don't know. I would just start anywhere and go everywhere I could. I'm always exploring the mountains around here. I would have to see the terrain to really know where I would go. I heard the airports was a high suspect area for psychics.

I just don't see how his van would get around in the snow easily. Did he have chains or all wheel drive?

And the car he drove the 2 days later, I wonder what kind of terrain that car could handle. :waitasec:

Respectfully snipped...

I am here and I can go look. I know how frustrating it is for others who may have their own ideas but can't do anything.

I plan on putting a thread up about this in the next few days. Just have been trying to get my facts straight first. It's very overwhelming to try and map it all out. I also wanted to give it time after all the flooding...just to make sure nothing else was washed up from that.

If I was there, I would be there to help you in a heartbeat! I live in Florida, I've never been west of here. I think you have come up with such a great idea.

Susan's case is the one that brought me to WS and I followed it very closely since I hadn't gotten into any of the others yet. I was 8 months pregnant when she went missing and I've thought about Susan every day. Even in the hospital when I had my son, I wondered if she had been found yet and checked the day we came home.

I so want her to be found. I think I relate to her because I'm the same age and I had been in a controlling relationship that I thankfully got out of before it was too late before I met my fiance.

I still get the chills just thinking about her whereabouts. It is frustrating not being there but I'm glad you are so willing to help her.

I just think he would be so limited on where he would have gone due to the snow storm. Maybe that's why he HAD to go back with the car, to make sure nothing could point to him. If he is smart, I doubt he transported her body in the car.

It sucks to speculate because I just want the answers so badly. She needs justice. Her children need to be safe. I think that's what gets me the most about this case. I rarely judge someone's guilt but just the possibility and how much it weighs on her husband... I just don't feel okay that these children are in the position they are in. I have an ex that sounds a lot like her husband and I relate so closely like the above poster. I wouldn't care if I was murdered, but to have my children in a bad position is the most terrifying thought EVER.

I hope that she has a chance to become a spirit and to drag people to her whereabouts. She needs to be found.

It would be so awesome to have a map of where searches have taken place. It would be even more amazing to figure out WHERE his van could have gotten within the distance he drove the car the 2 days later. That requires research that I just don't have time for, at least tonight.

You all are so amazing on this site. I'm glad there are so many caring people in this world who are so willing to help a stranger. I pray Susan is found soon.

What kind of place is bear river city and bear river city park? Is it crowded? Is the river fast? There is a church next to the park, is it a church he may have visited? It just seems exactly opposite of where he was leading authorities and it seems VERY easy to get to in a snow storm. Low population according to wikipedia.

What kind of place is bear river city and bear river city park? Is it crowded? Is the river fast? There is a church next to the park, is it a church he may have visited? It just seems exactly opposite of where he was leading authorities and it seems VERY easy to get to in a snow storm. Low population according to wikipedia.

Normally, it may be possible to go there in December. During a snowstorm, no. It is *generally* about 10 degrees cooler in Bear River than West Valley because it is North. (Don't quote me, that's an estimate.) North means colder, more snow... unlikely, especially that night in my opinion.

The church, I have no idea what kind of church it is. But if it was an LDS church... it's an hour and 15 minutes away from his house. I would guess there is at least 100 LDS churches between his house and Bear River. There is 5 within a square mile of my house. I see no reason he would have gone there, but that doesn't mean he didn't.

All of our rivers CAN be fast at the right time of year. Most are not in December. I was just comparing several of them I photographed in the winter, after I photographed the flooding in June.

I am focusing on places South of West Valley. I think he almost had to go south in order to be able to stay on the road. I know I had to.

I still get the chills just thinking about her whereabouts. It is frustrating not being there but I'm glad you are so willing to help her.

I just think he would be so limited on where he would have gone due to the snow storm. Maybe that's why he HAD to go back with the car, to make sure nothing could point to him. If he is smart, I doubt he transported her body in the car.

It sucks to speculate because I just want the answers so badly. She needs justice. Her children need to be safe. I think that's what gets me the most about this case. I rarely judge someone's guilt but just the possibility and how much it weighs on her husband... I just don't feel okay that these children are in the position they are in. I have an ex that sounds a lot like her husband and I relate so closely like the above poster. I wouldn't care if I was murdered, but to have my children in a bad position is the most terrifying thought EVER.

I hope that she has a chance to become a spirit and to drag people to her whereabouts. She needs to be found.

It would be so awesome to have a map of where searches have taken place. It would be even more amazing to figure out WHERE his van could have gotten within the distance he drove the car the 2 days later. That requires research that I just don't have time for, at least tonight.

You all are so amazing on this site. I'm glad there are so many caring people in this world who are so willing to help a stranger. I pray Susan is found soon.

This is essentially what I have been doing. Though I cannot map specifically where searches have taken place... I do know Dugway, the West Desert, all of that has been searched. I know that is where MINES have been searched.

I am more mapping out the areas that probably SHOULD be looked at but probably won't be. I am not exactly sure what I will do with that information... but that's what I'm doing to start.

I also know that you can drive right BY the Pony Express/Simpson Springs to get to all of the mines that I am looking at.

A little bit of truth in every lie? :waitasec:

It is frustrating even being so close. Far more so because I am VERY observant and likely would have remembered if I had seen Josh that night. The weather was horrible so I went straight home and stayed inside. If Susan IS in a mine down here where I think she might be... there is a very good chance Josh drove right by my house to get there. :sick:

No he didn't have chains or all wheel drive, to my knowledge. I do not know anyone that has chains unless they go somewhere routinely that they would need them, (Parley's for example) which he did not, to my knowledge.

I don't think we ever heard what car he rented, but if it was actually a car I would assume it could handle the same terrain as the van. The difference would be the weather was much better. So he could have gone a few more places.

I have more pictures of Utah's terrain than anybody ever wanted to see. :innocent: If you ever have a specific area you are wondering about, let me know.

I have also had great luck with using google images and searching for the specific location. Several that would give you an idea of the terrain are listed above.

I will work on that thread... and if anyone has any specific areas of interest in the meantime.... please let me know[/yI].

I am here also and I would LOVE to help. I live up North but I also believe she is South. I have ATV's and I have been out a few times this year and look for her everytime I go.

I am more mapping out the areas that probably SHOULD be looked at but probably won't be. I am not exactly sure what I will do with that information... but that's what I'm doing to start.

A little bit of truth in every lie? :waitasec:

It is frustrating even being so close. Far more so because I am VERY observant and likely would have remembered if I had seen Josh that night. The weather was horrible so I went straight home and stayed inside. If Susan IS in a mine down here where I think she might be... there is a very good chance Josh drove right by my house to get there. :sick:

(snipped for space)

The person organizing the public searches--Chris Willden, with Strategic Tactical Group--is asking for ideas of where to search next. He's thinking somewhere south, this time. So he would very much welcome your maps and ideas!

He WOULD have had time when he rented the car and was gone for 24 hours... Though that would be over 1,000 miles which would be more than "several hundred" in my opinion.

However, I am going to make an assumption with no factual information...and say I don't think Susan had that much dental work. I guess it's possible she did in the back, but she had gorgeous teeth.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/cbsnews/2009/12/14/image5977791.jpg

This is quite a distance from WVC, so I doubt it's her. But it is south and he did have the time. We have never heard, if any, what kind of dental work she may have had.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...048091,-113.840332&spn=11.63595,19.665527&z=6

http://blogs.pe.com/news/digest/2010/07/human-bones-found-in-mojave-de.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/7384

Another note on Bear River...ironic after my post on it last night... a semi crashed into it today. So there are some picture of it now, a month after all of our flooding. It would be lower in December.

http://www.standard.net/topics/envi...rews-called-clean-bear-river-after-semi-crash

I am here also and I would LOVE to help. I live up North but I also believe she is South. I have ATV's and I have been out a few times this year and look for her everytime I go.

If you ever have reason to go into mining areas, let me know. I am most interested in Utah and Juab counties. Especially Eureka/Tintic Junction. If you take UT-36 to get there, you go right past Pony Express/Simpson Springs. I am hoping for the "truth in every lie" to hold up here.

If anyone goes out there I want to know so that they can take pictures and/or tell me what mines are covered and which are not. It'll be helpful to have a list of that. I have no plans to try and convene a group or anything, but a couple of us could try to get together at some point if we are going out there at the same time.

San Pete county is a bit further south and also a possibility if anyone goes out there.

After those three counties... Wasatch and Salt Lake would be the next on my list, but unlikely because of the weather/elevation.

Tooele is where the searches have been done already for the most part. I don't intend to focus on that simply because others are.

(snipped for space)

The person organizing the public searches--Chris Willden, with Strategic Tactical Group--is asking for ideas of where to search next. He's thinking somewhere south, this time. So he would very much welcome your maps and ideas!

The problem is that I personally think she is in a mine. That is the areas I am targeting. Josh couldn't have dug a hole in December... I don't think he would have just put her in water or out in the desert. I am guessing mines are not a public search area. Though, the area around them certainly could be. (I also don't believe that STG does mine searches?) What we need is for Josh's family and friends to tell us areas he went to and was familiar with and do public searches there. Has Chris, or anyone else tried to contact Josh's sister/brother in law to see if they know of anywhere south of West Valley that Josh would have been familiar with?

My thinking is that we can eliminate certain mines that had 50 square feet of rebar on them, which Josh couldn't have lifted. Or ones that are way too far off the road for him to have gotten to them.

There just isn't that type of information online, so it takes some time. Then once we have that list... we can drive the route and see which would be the most reasonable to get to. Give that list to those who can search the mines themselves.

There IS people doing actual searches IN mine shafts though. I do not know if LE has done any or not. I know they have mentioned it has been done, but they may be referring to these guys.

Mojave Underground
Gold Rush Expeditions
Family Search and Rescue

The mines in Dugway:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDqnneCBew[/ame]

The problem is that I personally think she is in a mine. That is the areas I am targeting. Josh couldn't have dug a hole in December... I don't think he would have just put her in water or out in the desert. I am guessing mines are not a public search area. Though, the area around them certainly could be. (I also don't believe that STG does mine searches?) What we need is for Josh's family and friends to tell us areas he went to and was familiar with and do public searches there. Has Chris, or anyone else tried to contact Josh's sister/brother in law to see if they know of anywhere south of West Valley that Josh would have been familiar with?

My thinking is that we can eliminate certain mines that had 50 square feet of rebar on them, which Josh couldn't have lifted. Or ones that are way too far off the road for him to have gotten to them.

There just isn't that type of information online, so it takes some time. Then once we have that list... we can drive the route and see which would be the most reasonable to get to. Give that list to those who can search the mines themselves.

There IS people doing actual searches IN mine shafts though. I do not know if LE has done any or not. I know they have mentioned it has been done, but they may be referring to these guys.

Mojave Underground
Gold Rush Expeditions
Family Search and Rescue

The mines in Dugway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDqnneCBew

(respectfully snipped)

Chris does work with all those groups you just listed. So even though STG doesn't search the mines itself, they have the contacts and resources of the above groups and they are ready and willing to do more searches. Linda Osbourne would also be a really good resource...she works closely with Chris in helping coordinate and organize the searches and has spent many hundreds of hours looking for Susan and also poring over maps, elevation records, and mine statistics. If you would like, you can PM me and I can send you her contact info, along with Chris. They would love to have more help and suggestions for search areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back