VA - 7 and 9-year old boy found chained up inside home - September 3, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

The two children were living with their mother, 47-year-old Wedni Del Cid Rodriguez, and her apparent partner, 29-year-old Franklin Viera Guevara.

The two children were living with their mother, 47-year-old Wedni Del Cid Rodriguez, and her apparent partner, 29-year-old Franklin Viera Guevara.
The roommate allegedly told police the children were left unsupervised and restrained while they were gone.

And Mom said they were 'only' chained up for short periods of time. A neighbor said the kids were unruly.

I'm guessing that Mom didn't know how to be a Mom, or simply didn't know how to get help. I'm also guessing that it wasn't just for short periods of time. Those poor kids!

All MOO.

‘Innocent children': Brothers found chained inside Fairfax County home

The biological father speaks up in the interview.
The reporter also says that one of the kids spoke to Telemundo (their news partner_ (how did that happen??) and he said that he was punished for going outside.

The boys are now apparently living with their father, according to the news report.

A search warrant filed by police said that both children were chained to a table next to where they slept. They would remain chained until 3pm to 6pm when adults would arrive home.

And Mom said they were 'only' chained up for short periods of time. A neighbor said the kids were unruly.

I'm guessing that Mom didn't know how to be a Mom, or simply didn't know how to get help. I'm also guessing that it wasn't just for short periods of time. Those poor kids!

All MOO.
And she is out on bond. Unbelievable.

Pardon me @imstilla.grandma but what article/source did you reference? I live in Canada and any news items through FB are blocked.(Our government called them out so we are now cut off from news items through FB.)
Thanks!
According to a criminal complaint, when officers arrived at the home and knocked on the door, they heard a chain rattling inside. When the door was opened, they saw a chain wrapped around a post next to a sleeping cot and the victims — 7 and 9-year-old boys — chained up.

The court documents explain how one of the boys apparently used a roommate's phone to take a photo of his chained ankle and sent the photo to their sister who then called 911.

When police spoke to Rodriguez and Guevara, they allegedly told investigators that they would chain the children up by the ankle for short periods of time to "scare them" so they wouldn't leave the apartment.

The roommate allegedly told police the children were left unsupervised and restrained while they were gone.

Police at the scene reported that the children had visible marks on their ankles that were consistent with the shape and size of the chains.

Rodriguez was charged with two counts of child neglect, two counts of child cruelty, and two counts of abduction. She was taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center and has since been released on bond.

Guevara was charged with two counts of child neglect, two counts of child cruelty, and two counts of abduction. He is being held at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center on no bond

Do you think things have changed? Or do you think we just get to hear more about these type of cases due to social media?
Social media, and also that teachers and other authorities are more likely to believe children when they say things like this have happened to them.

Do you think things have changed? Or do you think we just get to hear more about these type of cases due to social media?
I think both may be true, but there are varying reports and either way the statistics are still staggering. :(

January 29, 2024
Today, the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released its annual child maltreatment report. The report reveals, that of the nationally estimated 3,096,101 children who were the subject of a child protective services response in fiscal year (FY) 2022, 558,899 children were determined to be victims of maltreatment, the lowest number of children identified as victims of maltreatment in the last five years.

In 2022, an estimated 1,990 children died from abuse and neglect in the United States, a number consistently on the rise over the previous five years.

• 4.276 million child maltreatment referral reports received in 2022.
  • Child abuse reports involved 7.5 million children.
  • For every incident of child abuse or neglect that’s reported, an estimated two incidents go unreported.
  • Child abuse occurs across all socioeconomic levels, ethnic and cultural lines, and religions and education levels.
  • Neglect, the most widespread form of child abuse, makes up more than 59% of abuse cases.
In 2019, state agencies identified an estimated 1,840 children who died as a result of abuse and neglect — an average of five children a day.1 However, studies also indicate significant undercounting of child maltreatment fatalities by some state agencies by 50% or more.7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back