VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
news-poster.jpg

http://www.ontherightinva.com/2010/01/27/has-the-route-29-stalker-returned-to-virginia/

I cannot remember where I read this earlier today, but it was an article about Alicia Showalter Reynolds and how SEVERAL women came forward at the time and said that a man flashed lights and honked the horn trying to signal them to wave them down and told them that there were sparks coming from their car, etc. I think it was probably about a half dozen pages back -- but sorry I don't have the link. What they were stating in the article was that they thought he was 'honing his skills' -- getting it down so that he could figure out how to get the women to stop.

My point is, most young women these days know to steer clear of the fake flashing lights, etc. -- but if she had just started to pull out of the gas station and here is a guy who was right there flashing at her, maybe she did stop. No fancy 'wanabee cop' gear required.

I don't think that she would have gotten into his vehicle with him willingly. I think that maybe like someone said, he got her to slow down, pull over, get out and look for damage, and somehow incapacitated her that way. He wouldn't have to have handcuffs or anything to look too obvious to passersby -- just the threat of a gun and the fact that, once she got up close and personal, you can just tell that this guy exuded evil. The first response (which we are now told is a very bad idea) is that many young women will 'go along' with these scary guys trying not to set them off with the hopes of being able to get away. My guess is that is what happened.

I do believe that she intended to head to Lynchburg. Hair and appearance are obviously very important to her -- as they are to most young girls her age. Senior year and senior pictures are huge. No way she was going to grab something 'off the rack' from Sally's. Just a hunch, anyway.

Also, as far as the weed -- I'm a teacher and no kid that I know of (especially a girl) would get their weed from someone as creepy as this guy. Their friends will have friends who have 'safer' seeming connections. Also, don't judge her character by what she posted on SM. I honestly think that most kids just want to 'fit in' and their online persona is often way wilder than who they really are. From the most strict Christian school to the toughest schools around -- kids just want to fit in. I have taught in both types of settings and I am no Pollyanna. I see kids -- from wannabees to girls who want to look like they are 25 year old models -- and I think that the 'real' kids who they would love to be able to be if peer pressure wasn't so rampant are the kids that I see and get to know on a one to one basis every single day. Just my two cents on that one. Alexis was loved...and still is. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I just keep looking back to the photo of her poor mom. Breaks my heart.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 7m
The man arrested in connection with missing #AlexisMurphy may be tied to the disappearance of an Orange County woman. http://ht.ly/nRDHw

People that smoke weed gain weight, not lose. I can see it being a weight thing if she was doing coke or meth, but not weed.
People you would never think of as drug users smoke pot. It is readily available everywhere.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

IDK, I've seen some not gain a pound over years.... As far as being readily available.... Everything is available everywhere.

Like I said this was a theory, nothing more or less, just trying to see other angles, no matter where they go.
:twocents:
Moo and all that...

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 9m
FBI: Critical timeframe in #AlexisMurphy case is Sat PM - Tues PM; if you saw abduction suspect Randy Taylor those days call (434) 263-7050

Anyone else looked the address up on Nelson Co GIS to see if you can get a better pic of home location? I'm playing around with it, but I'm not good with maps. GIS is: http://www.nelsoncounty-va.gov/government/geographic-information-systems/

After getting in, you can see who owns this property too. Iirc, I saw court records on this person last night when the white page neighborhood links were posted and listed all those names, but I'll double check before I say more.
Same pics I already have up thread.

I must respectfully disagree. I know some people that sell that are perfectly normal. Professionals, home owners, parents.

I agree completely, I guess what I'm tryin to say is the people selling can have creepy suppliers...idk... I think im having trouble explaining this part.

Moo and all that

FYI We cannot sleuth random people...like the homeowner.

Snow. The pictures get taken at different times, from different directions. This one has snow in it.

Oh, wow... that WAS a dumb question. Lol Guess my head is stuck in summer and snow never crossed my mind. Thank you! :)

Do you remember the Cannery Loop landlord who went public early in the week? The one who said that they had asked him lots of questions and had wanted to search his property? I wonder if that was the same address and if it was RAT's landlord.

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 9m
FBI: Critical timeframe in #AlexisMurphy case is Sat PM - Tues PM; if you saw abduction suspect Randy Taylor those days call (434) 263-7050

exactly. because he dumped her car and most likely the acac gym camera caught him doing it (see map and link on case map in the first post of this thread)

he used to live near that area. the fact she had family living in that area is just a coincidence to me at this point. This was in areas he knew well.

I will have to go dig up where his apartment was in this area

I feel terrible posting something like that regarding this beautiful girl. My niece is her age exactly and this is incomprehensible. It breaks my heart for her family and friends. I cannot even think if something happened to my niece.

Yes I've heard stories from her ind it terrified me, i never thought of checking her twitter before this case, then when I went to her twitter when I saw this case it took me two days to actually do it for fear she was exposing herself too much.

I was relived when I found it wasn't terrible, I still think its waay too much and I've told her. I don't live by her so ill always worry.

Moo

FYI We cannot sleuth random people...like the homeowner.

Oh, I didn't meant to sleuth him. I was just saying that there was an MSM interview that he had done (I'm sure it was linked here, as this is the only place I have been looking for news). Didn't mean to step out of line. If there is a prior MSM interview with him and I can find it, can we re-link to it? Or is that out of line? (I'm a long time looker, but mostly a follower and not a sleuther.)

Oh, I didn't meant to sleuth him. I was just saying that there was an MSM interview that he had done (I'm sure it was linked here, as this is the only place I have been looking for news). Didn't mean to step out of line. If there is a prior MSM interview with him and I can find it, can we re-link to it? Or is that out of line? (I'm a long time looker, but mostly a follower and not a sleuther.)

He is an owner of a house on Cannery Loop- not Thomas Nelson Hwy. The tenant was female.

I remember his interview. Sure don't remember where it is now tho. lol It can be linked. I do know that the house that was searched twice had a woman living in it.... for the person that was asking up thread.

I remember his interview. Sure don't remember where it is now tho. lol It can be linked. I do know that the house that was searched twice had a woman living in it.... for the person that was asking up thread.

Okay...thanks. Never mind. I'll bet he is thankful that she is his tenant right about now, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou