VA VA - Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, left for a few days in a tractor trailer, Accomack Co, 13 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The temperature at the crash site was reported to be 3000 degrees. Cremation takes place at 1400 to 1600 degrees. When the truck exploded she may have been blown to piece’s and reduced to ashes.

A missing Accomack County woman may have died in a poultry-truck crash in North Carolina, and her body mistakenly scooped up along with dead chickens and other debris and dumped in a landfill.

The family of Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, of Oak Hall, a mother of two, has traveled to Orange County, N.C., to try to find Taylor or her remains.

Family members are setting their sights on a landfill where debris from the accident was taken. They planned to visit the landfill Tuesday.

Their fire department, their police department, all of their people are saying, ‘Nope, she wasn’t in there,’ so they’re not going to waste money looking,” Payton said.

It is unknown if Taylor’s family will be granted permission to wade through the landfill debris searching for the body.

She said a North Carolina official said there was nothing more to search from the wreckage, that the truck exploded, and the temperature reached 3,000 degrees.

But, she added, “I will do whatever it takes to figure out what exactly happened to Alyssa.”

The temperature at the crash site was reported to be 3000 degrees. Cremation takes place at 1400 to 1600 degrees. When the truck exploded she may have been blown to piece’s and reduced to ashes.

A missing Accomack County woman may have died in a poultry-truck crash in North Carolina, and her body mistakenly scooped up along with dead chickens and other debris and dumped in a landfill.

The family of Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, of Oak Hall, a mother of two, has traveled to Orange County, N.C., to try to find Taylor or her remains.

Family members are setting their sights on a landfill where debris from the accident was taken. They planned to visit the landfill Tuesday.

Their fire department, their police department, all of their people are saying, ‘Nope, she wasn’t in there,’ so they’re not going to waste money looking,” Payton said.

It is unknown if Taylor’s family will be granted permission to wade through the landfill debris searching for the body.

She said a North Carolina official said there was nothing more to search from the wreckage, that the truck exploded, and the temperature reached 3,000 degrees.

But, she added, “I will do whatever it takes to figure out what exactly happened to Alyssa.”
That’s so sad. Accomack County LE thinks she was killed in the crash per their info. Her cell phone pinged near there, family found some of her belongings in the rubble.

That’s so sad. Accomack County LE thinks she was killed in the crash per their info. Her cell phone pinged near there, family found some of her belongings in the rubble.
A few points of clarification:
1) The article doesn't say that the county believes AT is in the landfill. The family says that the county thinks so. No rep. from the county is quoted in the article.
2) The family member also says that the PD and FD disagree ,and that Alyssa was not in the accident.
3) The cell phone data cited says that Alyssa's location was within an hour of the crash site. This does not indicate either AT or her cell phone was at the crash site or in the crash. Its also possible that just her cell phone was in the crash. Further, IMO location data should be cited in terms of distance, not time, so the comment seems odd.

It is an important distinction to make: we are not our cellphones.

It does remain possible a phone could be left behind in a vehicle, and a person could be in another location.

I'm not putting this forth as likely in this case, but we should remember it is technically possible.

I also agree with youarentsilly that they articles and information available to us are somewhat confusing.

I feel really sad for her family. It seems they're really going through an awful lot just to bring attention to her case and get basic things to happen. :(

I'm not convinced she was there in the wreck. LE had no trouble finding the driver, and his dog, in the remnants, and chicken parts. It's a little confusing what the relationship is with this truck driver and Alyssa was at this time, and she was without any place to stay and had been kicked out of her grandmother's home (who was paid to house her temporarily by Alyssa's mother). It's not outside of the realm of possibility that Alyssa had a disagreement with the truck driver and decided to go her own way - or he told her to leave his truck - and she's out there somewhere making her way. Or something worse happened to her, and that's why she was no longer in the truck. It's eye-catching that a very seasoned truck driver had a fatal one truck wreck.

But I think we can hold out hope that she can still be found alive.

It's possible that if they search the truck again they'll find her, but it's also very likely she wasn't in fact there.

They tore the cab open to recover the driver and dog. The actual driver's cab is more enclosed than the sleeper portion. I was reviewing other sleeper cab occupied accidents and there's a history of the sleeper passenger being ejected and found under the trailer or elsewhere. The driver would have been buckled in, sleeper passenger not. The reserve fuel tanks would have been under where she was. I don't think the driver would have left her anywhere no matter what. He has daughters and from what I can tell he would not have taken someone somewhere and just left them. I think she wasn't seen getting out at the stop because she was asleep in the back. The clean up crew and firefighters weren't looking for anyone else. there wasn't supposed to be anyone else according to company policy. So she could have easily been blown up and burned and not seen in the wreckage. I think she was definitely in the truck unfortunately. All my opinion from what I've read and researched

September 29, 2022
The News of Orange County
Family finds earring at truck crash site; believe it was worn by missing Va. woman

In a Facebook video posted this afternoon by members of Alyssa Taylor’s family, a single earring is shown being pulled from a storm drain just feet from the site where a tractor trailer struck a bridge abutment Sept. 14 on I-85 in Hillsborough.

Krista Taylor, Alyssa’s mother, and Shelly Payton, her aunt, can be heard on the video saying they were searching throughout the crash site when they happened to look through the steel grate of the drain and saw the earring.

“We found an earring that looks just like one that belongs to Krista (Alyssa’s mother),” Payton said. “Alyssa was always borrowing and wearing her mom’s stuff.”

A few points of clarification:
1) The article doesn't say that the county believes AT is in the landfill. The family says that the county thinks so. No rep. from the county is quoted in the article.
2) The family member also says that the PD and FD disagree ,and that Alyssa was not in the accident.
3) The cell phone data cited says that Alyssa's location was within an hour of the crash site. This does not indicate either AT or her cell phone was at the crash site or in the crash. Its also possible that just her cell phone was in the crash. Further, IMO location data should be cited in terms of distance, not time, so the comment seems odd.
Sorry for the confusion, but my comment noted the findings of Accomack Co., VA law enforcement, who are also investigating the case.

“Payton said an investigation by the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office that included cellular phone data shows Taylor was in the truck at the time of the crash.

“Accomack has done a wonderful job. I just keep praising them. Even since we’ve been down here, they keep saying the same thing — that they need to search the landfill,” Payton said.

<modsnip> I feel sympathy for the family and feel they make a valid case.JMO It seems highly unusual for the woman to have left the truck, unseen, in the middle of the night, leaving behind her possessions, including her cell phone. If so, maybe she’s the victim of foul play.

Last edited by a moderator:
The county and NC officials don't want to admit that she may be in the landfill because that increases their legal liability. No other reason for them to stubbornly deny this and refuse to devote resources to looking for her there when the probability that she was with him is almost certain at this point. They don't want to find her there, or anywhere else really (except outside their jurisdiction), because that would mean they 'screwed up'.

I'm old enough to remember when doing the right thing wasn't an outlier, but rather the norm. There is good reason much of the public no longer trusts law enforcement, public 'servants', and politicians.

JMO.

I should add that this is likely also socioeconomic/class related. If this was a city councilman's or research triangle CEO's daughter, all points bulletins, national media coverage with hourly press conferences, and daily exhaustive searches would persist.

JMO.

I should add that this is likely also socioeconomic/class related. If this was a city councilman's or research triangle CEO's daughter, all points bulletins, national media coverage with hourly press conferences, and daily exhaustive searches would persist.

JMO.
oh gosh no thats false only way things get into public eyes is because the family makes it that way by going to the media making attention come to it and from what i see they are. we're on here talking about it

I'm not convinced she was there in the wreck. LE had no trouble finding the driver, and his dog, in the remnants, and chicken parts. It's a little confusing what the relationship is with this truck driver and Alyssa was at this time, and she was without any place to stay and had been kicked out of her grandmother's home (who was paid to house her temporarily by Alyssa's mother). It's not outside of the realm of possibility that Alyssa had a disagreement with the truck driver and decided to go her own way - or he told her to leave his truck - and she's out there somewhere making her way. Or something worse happened to her, and that's why she was no longer in the truck. It's eye-catching that a very seasoned truck driver had a fatal one truck wreck.

But I think we can hold out hope that she can still be found alive.

It's possible that if they search the truck again they'll find her, but it's also very likely she wasn't in fact there.

I was of this opinion until more information became available. She could have asked Danny to let her off along the way to meet up with someone about a job or place to stay. There are explanations for Alyssa leaving the truck that align with Danny's good guy character.

We learned the truck only stopped once, briefly, and only Danny is seen exiting the vehicle.

I would need to hear some convincing explanation for how and when Alyssa left the truck for her not to be there at the time of the crash, since this vehicle had equipment that recorded stops, duration, etc and that aligned with security camera footage showing only Danny.

There is currently more evidence to support Alyssa being in the truck, sadly.

Sorry for the confusion, but my comment noted the findings of Accomack Co., VA law enforcement, who are also investigating the case.

Payton said an investigation by the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office that included cellular phone data shows Taylor was in the truck at the time of the crash.

“Accomack has done a wonderful job. I just keep praising them. Even since we’ve been down here, they keep saying the same thing — that they need to search the landfill,” Payton said.

<modsnip> I feel sympathy for the family and feel they make a valid case.JMO It seems highly unusual for the woman to have left the truck, unseen, in the middle of the night, leaving behind her possessions, including her cell phone. If so, maybe she’s the victim of foul play.

BBM
There is no confusion on my end. I just wanted to be accurate. As your quote states, "Payton said...." There is no quote from the Sheriff's Office in the article and we don't know if they agree with what Payton told the paper. We do know that the PD and FD don't agree.

OCT 4, 2022
[...]

Before heading back to the Eastern Shore, they decided to go back to the scene of the accident.

“We wanted to do a memorial for her as well as for Danny,” said Taylor. “His family is six hours from that scene. I can’t imagine a loved one dying and being that far away.”

While at the scene, they made a shocking discovery, all caught on camera.

About halfway through a Facebook Live video posted by Alyssa’s other aunt Shelly Payton, family members found Alyssa’s earring in a storm drain at the scene.

earring-1.jpg

“Oh my God, that’s her earring! It’s definitely her earring,” said Alyssa’s mom Krista in the video. “Yes that’s my baby’s earring.”

[...]

“As soon as I saw it, I was like, ‘Wait a minute, I’m pretty sure,’ because we were going through pictures recently, I’m like, ‘I’m pretty sure I have a picture of her wearing that.’ And so we pulled it up and sure enough, we do have a picture where she’s wearing that exact same pair of earrings,” said Taylor.

Taylor says she’s going to meet with an Accomack Sheriff’s Office detective to give him the earring they found.

[...]

1664934855329.png

[...]

She said the family spoke with FBI officials who say they’d be willing to take over the case if it was handed over to them by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.

[...]

There’s this expression in the financial markets (I work in this space) that when in a recession, every day that passes is one day closer to recovery, and that tends over time to bolster facts and eliminate untrue beliefs.

I believe that every day that passes with silence from her is a day closer to recovery, in that every day of silence serves as a fact. This woman did not have perfect relationships (neither do I, baby) but she had consistent ones. She did not walk out of a GPS-tracked tractor trailer without her phone and off into the night and go silent on everyone, not when she is a national news story and easily searchable on major social platforms. And I’m sure he wasn’t perfect either, but by all accounts from those who knew him, that man would not have left her helpless and phoneless and driven off, under any conditions.

I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that she died in the truck. I am not convinced that earring is a match - it’s close - it could go either way, to my eyes - but my fervent prayer is that it convinces them, who are the hearts and minds who fundamentally matter in this case. I hope it gives them some peace. If it were one of my daughters I would need that peace to will myself to go on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back