GUILTY VA - AMB, 12, Abducted, Henry County, Bassett, 12 Feb 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
UPDATE: Amber Alert issued for 12-year-old Henry County girl police say is in extreme danger (wsls.com)
3:35 p.m. Saturday Update

[...]
Sheriff Lane Perry told reporters that there was a credible siting for the AMB and her abductor, Kaleb Merritt, in Danville around the time she was reported missing.

Law enforcement in Danville told the Sheriff’s Office they saw the duo around 12:30 p.m. on Friday. Authorities remembered the vehicle later on once the Amber Alert was sent out Friday night.

Perry believes AMB and Merritt are still communicating with other people somehow, but they are still working to find out how and with whom.

Authorities said AMB's school-aged friends tried reaching out to her.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very concerning. Does it state where in Texas he is from? I didn’t see it.

We are preparing for major winter weather in the south for the next few days, so this adds to my concern. If he doesn’t have a job, he has to be relying on someone for money. I hope someone will do the right thing and come forward with any information. Prayers going up!!

This is very concerning. Does it state where in Texas he is from? I didn’t see it.

We are preparing for major winter weather in the south for the next few days, so this adds to my concern. If he doesn’t have a job, he has to be relying on someone for money. I hope someone will do the right thing and come forward with any information. Prayers going up!!

"AMB is thought to have been abducted by Kaleb Christopher Merritt of Spring, Texas, deputies said".
https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-new...chele-broadaway-missing-henry-county-virginia

It sounds like so many people did so many things right to stop this suspicious guy... the app, the FBI, the officer who had questioned him in the gym parking lot before they even received the alert from the FBI, officers questioning him and warning the family. Frustrating that law enforcement and family still were not able to prevent this. JMO.

They've been found! :)

FBI Richmond on Twitter
UPDATE per the @henrycountyvaSheriff: Kaleb Christopher Merritt is in custody and AMB has been recovered and is safe. Further details will be provided by the Sheriff's Office as soon as possible. Thank you to everyone who shared this information! @VSPPIO
7:23 PM · Feb 13, 2021

They've been found! :)

FBI Richmond on Twitter
UPDATE per the @henrycountyvaSheriff: Kaleb Christopher Merritt is in custody and AMB has been recovered and is safe. Further details will be provided by the Sheriff's Office as soon as possible. Thank you to everyone who shared this information!
@VSPPIO

Thank goodness!! Also I am glad to learn that apps are now able to flag such cases at least sometimes!

<modsnip> whoever questioned him before they both disappeared must have told him she is only 12 right?! Is it possible there is a reason he might think he was rescuing her? I'm just looking for any outcome that isn't a creepy perv knowingly abducting a 12 yr old to hurt her. Not sure we will ever know but at least she is safe!

<modsnip> whoever questioned him before they both disappeared must have told him she is only 12 right?! Is it possible there is a reason he might think he was rescuing her? I'm just looking for any outcome that isn't a creepy perv knowingly abducting a 12 yr old to hurt her. Not sure we will ever know but at least she is safe!
Sheriff just stated in the PC, there are "others" in the area he was in contact with.

Edited to add...
Found in Henderson, NC. Thank you @PommyMommy!!! When you posted the Amber alert in Raleigh, I had a hunch they were headed that way. Especially after they were spotted in Danville.

Thank GOD she was found, and thank you to EVERYONE for all the prayers!!!

This child looks and is the size of a child. I have seen men become involved with children who look like they are a lot older, not that that is any excuse but they can delude themselves into thinking it is ok because they look mature, but this little girl looks like a little girl.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back