VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn the brightness all the way up on your iPhone. This is what I just did. I'm going over all of the pictures to see if there's something my iPhone can pick up that my pc didn't. Then I saw it. After you turn your brightness up, go to this post, 1st picture, use your fingers to spread the picture on her wrist:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This pic: omg omg omg

jas1b.jpg

It's a damn linked chain! A chain wrapped around her wrist! They must have put black marker on the picture itself (on her wrist) before scanning it. The bright light coming from underneath the picture on the scan allowed the chain to show through. I'll bet the original picture was taken with a disposable camera!

Randolph, this is the picture. It's a crop of a larger one previously linked. On an iPhone or iPad, turn the brightness all the way up. Then go to the picture & enlarge it as big as you can with your fingers. Make sure the wrist area is in the middle of your screen. Allow your eyes time to adjust & focus. There are links showing through what appears to be an area hidden under felt marker prior to scanning. Mvho.

Please stay aboard nosyone!! It is EXCELLENT to stay skeptical and keep your mind open in cases like these. I've been active in sleuthing cases with pictures like these in which the pictures are sharped, contrasted, etc and things come out that were never in the pictures and people really believe that they are. So we need people like you! Also in those cases there are people that do alter the photos and say they didn't so that's another reason we need skepticism. I'm not saying any of the above is happening here and I don't think it is but just saying on another case it did and it could always happen in any other case. Different point of views is what makes WS wonderful and what makes us get further ahead in the case if possible. Stick around :)

Exactly. Tori Stafford's case comes to mind...

Here they are cropped in the order that they're posted:

wsab1.jpg

wsab2.jpg

wsab3.jpg

Ok here are the originial photos and here are the magnified photo of Amy's arms when she is on all fours on the bed. There are several of you saying that you can't see anything or don't know where to look. I always think it is most helpful going back to the original. I am always skeptical of altered photos, even if it's just magnified or different colors without the originals side by side. So hear it is. Interesting that you can see the letters even better in the originial photo IMO. (We are talking of the 3rd picture of Amy in the 1st quoted post by FA where she is on all fours). And we are talking about in the indentions in the bed sheet under her right hand where she is putting weight on the bed and it's behind her left visible arm.

In the close up versions of the photos I could see where one could make out "ELS" on the right side of Amy's arm. On the originial pic I could see where somewhere before said they see "WELLS". I don't know if it's distortion and the human mind just loves to see patterns - which is an absolute fact, just not sure if that is the case here. Or if it is written on the photo, or on the sheet, or an indention of writing on something else on top of the photo. Great find though you guys.

But what could it mean??

Also you can see on the 1st pic on the 1st quoted post by FA the original pic of Amy and the possible chain. If it's chain why is it so washed out, parts of it dark, parts of it washed out in the photo? The photo is of poor quality but there isn't anywhere else in this photo where parts of Amy are dark and parts are washed out almost invisible-esque looking. And the cuff is up several inches on her forearm, why is the chain going directly to her wrist? The chain should go to the cuff if it is chained to it - why does it not line up? also if you are cuffed and it's big enough to go up your forearm having your forearm in a gravity prone position like this it would fall lower on your wrist, it would not be up your forearm unless pushed up that way, which I would think they would have a cuff that would go that far up her forearm as it would be easier to slip off her hand for escape. This doesn't make sense. Any thoughts?

Exactly. Tori Stafford's case comes to mind...

I don't know that case. But I'm thinking of the Mickey Shunick case. That had so much photo analysis and photo changing it drove people crazy! lol You really had to be skeptical in that case. Luckily that case was solved in a few months and you got to see exactly what happened in the photos and you truly got to see how the mind can play tricks on people in photos. People vehemently believed they saw things in the photos that just weren't there. I think they still believe that it's there even with the proof and now no longer get on WS because they just can't believe it.

Also you can see on the 1st pic on the 1st quoted post by FA the original pic of Amy and the possible chain. If it's chain why is it so washed out, parts of it dark, parts of it washed out in the photo? The photo is of poor quality but there isn't anywhere else in this photo where parts of Amy are dark and parts are washed out almost invisible-esque looking. And the cuff is up several inches on her forearm, why is the chain going directly to her wrist? The chain should go to the cuff if it is chained to it - why does it not line up? also if you are cuffed and it's big enough to go up your forearm having your forearm in a gravity prone position like this it would fall lower on your wrist, it would not be up your forearm unless pushed up that way, which I would think they would have a cuff that would go that far up her forearm as it would be easier to slip off her hand for escape. This doesn't make sense. Any thoughts?

Snipped & bolded by me...

Chain on bed: Imvho bc its not a shiny metal chain but rather a brushed or matte metal and also it's the way the flash hits it.

Chain on arm: Imvho bc its held between her arm & her side & hidden behind her from the angle she's in.

Also, the lines in all of the pictures remind me of disposable camera quality.

The black hole of an eye in one of the pictures reminds me of an amateur using red eye reduction too much, so much so that it fanned out to look like extra thick clumped lashes on that eye area.

It's all so durrrrrned weird...

Have to logoff for a bit, real life is calling in the form of a YELLING 10 year old that's STARVING! Be back in a short bit.

Hey all! Been "lurking" for a bit. Needed to take a break, my daughter is leaving for Tahoe in a few weeks and this was giving me all sorts of reasons to keep her here. Paranoid I know!

I don't have the experience y'all do with photoshopping etc but I still have to wonder if these pictures couldn't be "stills" from a video. Would you be able to get jpegs that looked like this from a video or movie? I never saw the chains until someone said it but see them VERY clearly now, I also saw the letters LLS before someone suggested those were the letters. What I'm wondering is if someone wrote something on this picture and mailed it to someone. That could explain the cirlce around the eye and the lettering.

Also, I'm still not 100% sure this is Amy, there are a few discrepencies in the eyes and ears. If this person isn't Amy then my heart aches for whomever she is.

Yes, it has been stated that one eye appears to be of different shape and size. It has been said her ear appears altered. And possibly the area around her eye. And then the "written on" area around her eye. We are talking about all this alteration/distortion/writing, then how do we know the picture is too altered to make a determination? I originally believed this picture was without a doubt Amy as well. Until the very observant sleuthers here blew up Amy's picture before she was kidnapped and compared to these pictures. Her ear lobe does not match up. And ear lobes absolutely do not change in life - that is a fact. If you go back in the threads you can see much discussion about this. This may be do to the alteration though in the photo?? I do not know why they would do this if they want it to be known this was Amy though. And other parts of her facial structure is also questionable when comparing to known pics of Amy. It was said publicly that experts could never determine if this picture was actually Amy. Dr. Phil's experts could not make a determination and on the Vanished episode it was said it couldn't be determined by different experts either. The only place we have ever seen that these pictures are definitely Amy is here on WS from the verified insider and we do not know why other than the family thinks it is her. I don't know why it would change from indeterminable to certain. So that is why I am still questioning. Plus the differences in facial structure. Also it is not true what you stated that FBI verified that it's Amy. The verified insider only said that FBI believes with the family that it is Amy or likely to be Amy. The poster said nothing about verification. Big difference. I am so glad you guys are here picking apart the photo. You would think that this information of her being chained to a bed would have been released on the Dr. Phil show or on Vanished. I don't think this information would be sensitive as it can be seen on the photo and it isn't too far-fetched to believe that Amy has been held in restraints at some point in her captivity. So that's another weird point to me. But I think you guys have made a great find. The verified insider did point out that she thought it may be a tether or cuff on her wrist but mentioned nothing about the chain earlier in the threads. So I'm not even sure the verified insider or family knows about this information? I'm sure the FBI does though. And the verified insider did state many times how much the FBI doesn't share.

I believe the photos were "silently" confirmed by the FBI. I have read this at various websites .... I feel (like I've said repeatedly) that the photos on AAV's website were not original photos.

I am going to go with my eyesight , and the verified poster and agree that the pictures are Amy.

Maybe whoever placed them online disturbed the image enough to cause doubt (earlobes , other distortions) ... but "Jas" has never been seen anywhere else , the family says its her , this great forum had a verified user confirm the FBI says its her , and I would bet every dollar I had it was her ...

I feel the photos had to be posted for a reason. I think it's possible that the original was altered and put on AAV in a possible attempt to "taunt/blackmail" a rival.

That's moo based on the "feuds" between rivals which is apparent on the message boards for AAV and similar company's ...

I am not going to argue the chain anymore ... I see it clearly , and I feel arguing about something like that isn't going to help the case . Finding the origin of the photographs will help bring her home

Moo. And I apologize to the mods for anything I may have posted that wasn't allowed.

I just want to add that these photos are not good quality , but photos (esp. of a missing person) can be MUCH MUCH worse.

I think for the situation , these photos are AMAZING evidence.

Ok here are the originial photos and here are the magnified photo of Amy's arms when she is on all fours on the bed. There are several of you saying that you can't see anything or don't know where to look. I always think it is most helpful going back to the original. I am always skeptical of altered photos, even if it's just magnified or different colors without the originals side by side. So hear it is. Interesting that you can see the letters even better in the originial photo IMO. (We are talking of the 3rd picture of Amy in the 1st quoted post by FA where she is on all fours). And we are talking about in the indentions in the bed sheet under her right hand where she is putting weight on the bed and it's behind her left visible arm.

In the close up versions of the photos I could see where one could make out "ELS" on the right side of Amy's arm. On the originial pic I could see where somewhere before said they see "WELLS". I don't know if it's distortion and the human mind just loves to see patterns - which is an absolute fact, just not sure if that is the case here. Or if it is written on the photo, or on the sheet, or an indention of writing on something else on top of the photo. Great find though you guys.

But what could it mean??

MOO , many questions are not going to have an answer unless the originals are found or whoever posted them is ...

I feel the photos have been altered , but why they were posted / reasons behind the posting is totally speculation.

I cannot make out what the marking says on the bed and I refuse to even attempt to do so .. as I feel the photo quality prevents an answer to that.

Can the moderator who did the other comparison come on here and take a look at these ?

I don't know that case. But I'm thinking of the Mickey Shunick case. That had so much photo analysis and photo changing it drove people crazy! lol You really had to be skeptical in that case. Luckily that case was solved in a few months and you got to see exactly what happened in the photos and you truly got to see how the mind can play tricks on people in photos. People vehemently believed they saw things in the photos that just weren't there. I think they still believe that it's there even with the proof and now no longer get on WS because they just can't believe it.

Agreed. People believe they see the "devil" in the Jameson's daughters photo ... I can "see" where one could "believe that" , but it's clearly distortion ...

The markings on this photo are not.

Randolph, I think you've been extremely valuable here, just be careful with putting our terms such as "fact". Unless they have been verified you should probably stay away from words like that.

I posted just above you, could the distortion be because these photos are from a video rather than actual pictures taken by a camera?

Randolph, this is the picture. It's a crop of a larger one previously linked. On an iPhone or iPad, turn the brightness all the way up. Then go to the picture & enlarge it as big as you can with your fingers. Make sure the wrist area is in the middle of your screen. Allow your eyes time to adjust & focus. There are links showing through what appears to be an area hidden under felt marker prior to scanning. Mvho.

This is a very good example of attempting to dissect an altered photograph ...

"patterns" and "distortions" usualy occur in original photos ... it is evident that these are not original , and that they are altered.

With an altered picture , it can be made to "look like" a horrible "quality" photo ... but blurring / attempting to repair certain areas of a photo will never leave a "new image". Once a photo is altered , (while it may be difficult and not evident) there will always be evidence of editing ....

I will reserve my judgment on much of what I feel about the picture (as I have been) , but JerseyGirl circled some things that I noticed yesterday and didn't post because of the quality and known "arguments" that would arise...

Great eye Jersey ...

Randolph, I think you've been extremely valuable here, just be careful with putting our terms such as "fact". Unless they have been verified you should probably stay away from words like that.

I posted just above you, could the distortion be because these photos are from a video rather than actual pictures taken by a camera?

Yes they could. The problem is we don't know the source of the photos. We know where they were posted but there was no data and the website claimed "they came from curaçao"

So really , it's impossible to tell the reason/why/what ... without the source or the original photo(s).

Yes they could. The problem is we don't know the source of the photos. We know where they were posted but there was no data and the website claimed "they came from curaçao"

So really , it's impossible to tell the reason/why/what ... without the source or the original photo(s).

That I agree with completely. The reason I ask is there doesn't appear to be shadowing from a flash and the garrish make up she has on would look more like something you'd see in a *advertiser censored* movie (home made and disgusting one at that) The aav people like to cater to all sorts so IMO Amy could be in "chains" to possibly attract that kind of person.

The reason I'm not sure the pictures are "Amy" is because this girl has features that don't match but perhaps who ever has her cut out the eyes and photoshopped them onto this person. I believe the verified insider stated they don't believe Amy was taken for or is in the sex trade business. Again, MOO, this was a "staged" photo

maybe I'm missing something but in these 3 pictures, 2 show this person with brown eyes and 1 shows her with green eyes. Amy has green eyes. The picture of her with green eyes, can anyone see if those eyes were photoshopped in or edited, what ever you call it?

My last image of the chain ... this is the original photo with the areas brightened on her face and chain. No "filters" we're used whatsoever

y7a5a6az.jpg

Assuming there is actual writing on the mattress, could it not just be a brand name? The brand of bed/mattress?

I have no idea if this picture is Amy or not. I genuinely don't understand how anyone can 'verify' with total confidence that it is Amy - it's surely impossible to know for sure...?

I also don't understand why an age progression drawing has not been done. Surely the best chance for Amy is if someone, somewhere, recognises her ...?

I have literally 5 minutes while my son is in the shower to post these next picture enhancements. I'll log off then back on after I get them on here.

Look for the chain around her wrist. Let your eyes adjust and focus. Note that pixelation and artifacts cannot account for the oval shaped links. So are my eyes playing tricks on me? I see it, I really do.

Original picture:
jas1.jpg

Cropped picture noting certain areas:
jas1b.jpg

Cropped picture of wrist with zoom from pic above:
jas1c.jpg

Same pic as cropped pic but with adjusted contrast & brightness:
jas1caa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics