VA - Amy Bradley - missing from cruise ship, Curacao - 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
if she was drunk, her fear may lesson or she could be not thinking rationally
even strong swimmers have a hard time in a vast body of water like that
Her brother Brad - who was with her the whole evening and saw her again in their room - has stated categorically that she was not drunk. In addition, Amy was *seen* by THREE witnesses after her father saw her out on the deck. All three witnesses have sworn, at least one under oath, that they saw Amy with Alistair Douglas at around 6a.m. of the morning she went missing. Two of those witnesses saw her in the glass elevator with him and the third saw her accepting a drink from Douglas in the disco area.

Perhaps Amy was sexually or otherwise assaulted/killed and thrown overboard? That would be one way to try to get rid of a body.

I understand a body wasn’t found, but not all bodies are found.

Post in thread 'VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3'
VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

yes I disagree with him - he completely ignores the anomaly in her left ear and the one he does mention is not even in the same position on her ear - and he doesn't mention the amount of space between the bottom of her nose and her upper lip - which are the two major differences I noted

Perhaps Amy was sexually or otherwise assaulted/killed and thrown overboard? That would be one way to try to get rid of a body.

I understand a body wasn’t found, but not all bodies are found.

good possibility
whatever the case, I believe she had a watery grave unfortunately

Her brother Brad - who was with her the whole evening and saw her again in their room - has stated categorically that she was not drunk. In addition, Amy was *seen* by THREE witnesses after her father saw her out on the deck. All three witnesses have sworn, at least one under oath, that they saw Amy with Alistair Douglas at around 6a.m. of the morning she went missing. Two of those witnesses saw her in the glass elevator with him and the third saw her accepting a drink from Douglas in the disco area.

that's why I said 'if'
eye witnesses are notoriously wrong

I can’t remember if this has been asked, but any chance Amy never left that ship? There are cases where people speculate certain missing individuals never left the location in which they were last seen. For example, Brin Shaffer.

I don’t see how it could be, but what do you think?

If we agree she wasn’t left on the boat, she left somehow. Willingly? I don’t think so, but it can’t be dismissed. Unwillingly? How? In a suitcase or box? And then what? If she sex trafficked, all these years later no proven sittings? No customers recognized her? She never had an opportunity to say she needed help? If she was deceased, what happened to her body? If someone accidentally or purposely killed her on the ship, what would be the easiest way to get rid of her? Not trying to take her off the ship, IMO.

that's why I said 'if'
eye witnesses are notoriously wrong
Then you have to believe that every single sighting is wrong. Three on the morning that she vanished and then another five in the years afterwards. One of the early ones, a British man David Carmichael, was able to accurately describe a watch Amy was wearing, the details of which had never been made public. He also accurately described her tattoos. I agree that eye witness testimony can be wrong but I have a problem stating that *all* of these people are wrong.

I can’t remember if this has been asked, but any chance Amy never left that ship? There are cases where people speculate certain missing individuals never left the location in which they were last seen. For example, Brin Shaffer.

If we agree she wasn’t left on the boat, she left somehow. Willingly? I don’t think so, but it can’t be dismissed. Unwillingly? How? In a suitcase or box? And then what? If she sex trafficked, all these years later no proven sittings? No customers recognized her? She never had an opportunity to say she needed help? If she was deceased, what happened to her body? If someone accidentally or purposely killed her on the ship, what would be the easiest way to get rid of her? Not trying to take her off the ship, IMO.
There have been sightings that are 'verified' by the FBI. And on two of these the woman DID ask for help. In the earliest she apparently stated her full name and that she needed help. If you read the case details you'll see all of this and it's clear that the FBI clearly takes the sightings seriously.

Then you have to believe that every single sighting is wrong. Three on the morning that she vanished and then another five in the years afterwards. One of the early ones, a British man David Carmichael, was able to accurately describe a watch Amy was wearing, the details of which had never been made public. He also accurately described her tattoos. I agree that eye witness testimony can be wrong but I have a problem stating that *all* of these people are wrong.

yeah I don't trust witness sightings for the most part
I've been reading how unreliable witness statements are
almost every missing person case has 'sightings' - some years later and many that are proven impossible or the missing person is found and was never near that area or the person who was thought to be the missing person comes forward
just look at how many sightings Madelyn McCann has
false sightings are unfortunately common IMO

Occam's Razor. We all love a good mystery but sometimes there isn't actually one. Sometimes unfortunately the girl just fell into the ocean.

Last edited:
There have been sightings that are 'verified' by the FBI. And on two of these the woman DID ask for help. In the earliest she apparently stated her full name and that she needed help. If you read the case details you'll see all of this and it's clear that the FBI clearly takes the sightings seriously.

so why didn't the person help her?

But she did ask for help.

so why didn't the person help her?
Seriously, I mean no disrespect, but have you read any of the previous posts here? The first sighting (considered legitimate by the FBI, who make it their business to separate legitimate vs. unverified sightings) was by a man who was in a place where he wasn’t supposed to be. Not a brothel, per se, but an establishment that was designated to be “off limits” to American servicemen, which he was. He knew he would be in deep kimchi if it became known that he was there, so decided to “forget about it”.

Much later, he saw a TV program featuring her disappearance and came forward. He expressed great remorse about not having done so earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan
Back