VA - Amy Bradley - missing from cruise ship, Curacao - 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So is there any new news?

I feel sorry for her parents who have had to spent the last 25 odd years wondering what happened to her.
I can't find any updates. There was a one line post on the official website which said a significant development was happening but there's been no update. Such a ghastly situation for the family and one shudders to think what Amy went through/has been going through.

Amy is featured, still, on the official FBI website as are artist's drawings of the men or 'minders' that witnesses reported seeing with her three or four times.

This is why I hope someone can track down the Longwood alumni association’s podcast about Amy.

They interviewed Erin Sheridan, who was the FBI lead for Amy’s case (at least as of 2018, when the interview was done.)

She basically said that Amy was her first case as a new FBI agent, and when she was in position to revisit it in 2018, she had the poster updated and reposted to their site.

However, she also said that none of the reported sightings had ever been confirmed (ie, they had good reason to believe they were true). The case remains open because they don’t know what happened to her; I don’t recall her speculating one way or the other (foul play vs accident, which is fair enough.)

My memory has faded, but I think I posted some salient points she made in this thread right after listening to it. (On mobile atm so can’t easily link, but will later if no-one else digs it up.)

In January of 2007, Alfred Cotten and three additional men were seen having dinner at The Mill Restaurant, in Aruba. Amy Bradley was with them. The witnesses were able to provide some very important information.
Amy Lynn Bradley is still missing

This was quoted in 2018 (right when the FBI renewed interest in the case) off of the FA website.

I noticed something strange maybe some of you guys can make the same connection.

PS: The Jawbone was NEVER tested for Amy Lynn Bradley. The bone was found a few hundred yards from 'The Mill'.

1. First photo is from the link above.
  2. Second is from HLN.
  3. Third is screenshot from the FA website.

Attachments

• Jawbone AmyBradleyisMissing.jpg
    Jawbone AmyBradleyisMissing.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
  • jawbone found 200ft from The Mill.jpg
    jawbone found 200ft from The Mill.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 3
  • Amy at mill in 2007.png
    Amy at mill in 2007.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The jawbone was ruled out to belong to Amy Bradley.

No, it's never been tested. Period.

Another incident involved the finding of a jawbone that washed ashore in Aruba in 2010. Initially, it was thought to be the jawbone of another missing person's case—Natalee Holloway—but once the jawbone was cleared of Holloway, authorities ceased any further testing despite the fact that there were nine other Caribbean vacationers that were said to be missing. No DNA testing was done on the material. They say that the bone is human and was likely from a Caucasian origin.

Source: Disappearance of Amy Lynn Bradley - Wikipedia

In late 2010, probably as a result of environmental turmoil caused by Hurricane Tomas, a human jaw bone washed up on a beach in Aruba. It was quickly determined to have no connection to Natalee Holloway, another woman who had disappeared around the same time.

Once local authorities determined the jawbone was not connected to the Holloway case, they ceased any further testing, despite the fact that Amy Lynn Bradley and up to as many as nine other Caribbean vacationers were said to have disappeared in the 15 years prior to the Holloway case. Because dental records were able to rule out any connection to Natalee Holloway, no DNA testing was ever done on the material. However, the tests performed did determine that the jawbone came from a Caucasian person.

Source: https://www.ranker.com/list/facts-about-amy-lynn-bradley/philgibbons

When a jawbone washed ashore in Aruba in 2010, authorities initially thought it was linked to a much more notable missing person's case: Natalee Holloway. Once the bone was cleared of any connection to Holloway, the authorities ceased pursuing the lead, despite the fact that nine other Caribbean vacationers were still currently missing. No DNA testing was done on the bone, but it was determined to be belonging to a Caucasian.

Source: Amy Lynn Bradley Vanished off a Cruise Ship in 1998—But Witnesses Claim to Have Spotted Her Since

This is why I hope someone can track down the Longwood alumni association’s podcast about Amy.

They interviewed Erin Sheridan, who was the FBI lead for Amy’s case (at least as of 2018, when the interview was done.)

She basically said that Amy was her first case as a new FBI agent, and when she was in position to revisit it in 2018, she had the poster updated and reposted to their site.

However, she also said that none of the reported sightings had ever been confirmed (ie, they had good reason to believe they were true). The case remains open because they don’t know what happened to her; I don’t recall her speculating one way or the other (foul play vs accident, which is fair enough.)

My memory has faded, but I think I posted some salient points she made in this thread right after listening to it. (On mobile atm so can’t easily link, but will later if no-one else digs it up.)

I think it was deleted due to the brothers (IMO insane) statements made regarding a religious organization. JMO.
I remember the whole thing. Agent Sheridan said the timeline of the day she went missing still is not clear.(para) She also noted photographs can be altered and enhanced.

"Also the question of whether he would have taken out a high insurance policy on his daughter and the family would now be after money. "All my relatives are well insured. I have been in the insurance industry for nineteen years and have well insured all my relatives, including my son, wife and myself. I have also heard of the rumors. I can only assure you that we are not concerned with the money is manageable. We want Amy back."

With regard to the insurance money, Bradley also pointed out that he cannot claim that money because a death certificate is necessary. "And we don't have those anyway."
Since Amy's disappearance, the Bradley family has received several anonymous calls on their "hotline" in the States. One of these phone calls led the family to believe that she is indeed in Curaçao."

Source: Amy L. Bradley, Missing Person

Attachments

• IMG-2628.jpg
    IMG-2628.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 6
No, it's never been tested. Period.

Another incident involved the finding of a jawbone that washed ashore in Aruba in 2010. Initially, it was thought to be the jawbone of another missing person's case—Natalee Holloway—but once the jawbone was cleared of Holloway, authorities ceased any further testing despite the fact that there were nine other Caribbean vacationers that were said to be missing. No DNA testing was done on the material. They say that the bone is human and was likely from a Caucasian origin.

It didn't need to be tested to rule out belonging to Natalee Holloway- the jawbone contained a wisdom tooth, and Natalee's were removed prior to her disappearance.

Perhaps Amy also had her wisdom teeth removed prior to her disappearance. If so, then the jawbone can be ruled out as belonging to her as well. Does anyone know?

Natalee Holloway: Jawbone Not That of Missing American Teen

Sorry, it turns out I was mistaken about this, I made a comment in August 2023 about the podcast but didn’t say much in addition to my comment above.

Short recap via Internet Archive from a ‘reviewer’, although it doesn’t really say anything new:

It didn't need to be tested to rule out belonging to Natalee Holloway- the jawbone contained a wisdom tooth, and Natalee's were removed prior to her disappearance.

Perhaps Amy also had her wisdom teeth removed prior to her disappearance. If so, then the jawbone can be ruled out as belonging to her as well. Does anyone know?

Natalee Holloway: Jawbone Not That of Missing American Teen

The Bradley’s were doubtful the jawbone belonged to Amy. They provided Amy’s dental records to the FBI. Must not have been a match. FBI is still working the case.

Source: Disappearance of Amy Lynn Bradley - Wikipedia

In late 2010, probably as a result of environmental turmoil caused by Hurricane Tomas, a human jaw bone washed up on a beach in Aruba. It was quickly determined to have no connection to Natalee Holloway, another woman who had disappeared around the same time.

Once local authorities determined the jawbone was not connected to the Holloway case, they ceased any further testing, despite the fact that Amy Lynn Bradley and up to as many as nine other Caribbean vacationers were said to have disappeared in the 15 years prior to the Holloway case. Because dental records were able to rule out any connection to Natalee Holloway, no DNA testing was ever done on the material. However, the tests performed did determine that the jawbone came from a Caucasian person.

Source: https://www.ranker.com/list/facts-about-amy-lynn-bradley/philgibbons

When a jawbone washed ashore in Aruba in 2010, authorities initially thought it was linked to a much more notable missing person's case: Natalee Holloway. Once the bone was cleared of any connection to Holloway, the authorities ceased pursuing the lead, despite the fact that nine other Caribbean vacationers were still currently missing. No DNA testing was done on the bone, but it was determined to be belonging to a Caucasian.

Source: Amy Lynn Bradley Vanished off a Cruise Ship in 1998—But Witnesses Claim to Have Spotted Her Since

Wait so…what did they do with the jaw? Where is it now? :oops: Please don’t tell me it was destroyed….

by JESSICA A. BOTELHO | The National Desk March 25th 2024
View attachment 515147

View attachment 515148
View attachment 515149
View attachment 515150

I gotta say, even on quick glance to these photos, I really do see a resemblance to the photo of the s.worker that was sent to her parents. The photo isn’t the best quality plus she’s wearing a ton of makeup, but the lips/mouth and cheeks look nearly identical to me. Only thing that throws me off is the woman’s nose seems somewhat bigger and rounder than Amy’s. But I suppose that could be due to a combination of the lighting, makeup, angle, and quality of the photo.

Gosh I really want to know if it’s her or not

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back