VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've been following since the first thread - in full lurk mode. There are so many excellent sleuthers, researchers and communicators here I rarely have anything to add or contribute as well as you all do. But I did find a a link to the boy Timothy's death and not sure if I can post it here, but if you google the boy's name plus death plus the name of the high school the H's attended, it will show up.

http://articles.dailypress.com/1992-05-29/news/9205290035_1_boy-s-death-school-grounds-preaching

I couldn't agree more that his sister losing faith is huge; however, what I don't understand is why she chose to tell the media. Tell LE, absolutely! But, telling the media that you no longer have faith in your brother's innocence....I don't understand the purpose. She just likes the attention? She's trying to make herself look good to the public (and really, why worry about this)? Why give this interview?

I haven't had time to see the interview yet, but could it be a way of encouraging others to come forward without coming out and saying it? Like an "I thought he was innocent but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong now that I know what I know"? Maybe it will encourage others who saw something suspicious that it is ok to change your mind, and come forward if they have any information. Just a thought.

what a wonderful testimony. I wish WH would have done more to honor his "friend". JMO
Hi everyone! I've been following since the first thread - in full lurk mode. There are so many excellent sleuthers, researchers and communicators here I rarely have anything to add or contribute as well as you all do. But I did find a a link to the boy Timothy's death and not sure if I can post it here, but if you google the boy's name plus death plus the name of the high school the H's attended, it will show up.

http://articles.dailypress.com/1992-05-29/news/9205290035_1_boy-s-death-school-grounds-preaching

Agree. Pastor and WH both have that take charge mentality. But can they accept the charges that are forthcoming?

Interesting how WH inserted himself as the one who was holding him when he died. It clearly says it was the coach.

:thinking:How can one even talk about PLEA of any kind if no one has been listed as a suspect or even arrested for her death? There can not be a plea until a person is charged with the criminal offense. I have read some weird stuff by others than WH so, I am not convinced of any one person. And Respectfully, I say this.. if/when the Pros charges someone with the crime. They will have to have evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the person charged did the crime.

I am at least 20 pages behind but felt this needed a response.

I can talk about it, in the context of WH being the guy, as the previous discussion was in speculation. I was not the first person to bring up the alford plea, and please re-read my last sentence. I do not actually like to speculate prior to the ME report coming out and an arrest being made, but this was a response to someone else who was going in this direction.

Also don't let the fact that LE hasn't named a suspect in the media give you the impression they don't suspect WH. We actually have plenty indication short of that public announcement that they suspect him IMO. That does not mean he did it. No one knows if he did it yet (or maybe we do? I'll read the next 20 pages and find out!)

I don't think they will name a suspect publicly at all, this case is too sensitive. There are a couple others who could be involved, but sadly there is no evidence to support even beginning the sleuth them. JH, CF, DH and AJ's boyfriend and BFF have all been investigated and are not named as POIs or suspects nor are they arrested, so I have to assume they have reliable alibis and offered a reliable denial in interviews. That does not mean they are not POIs though!

I am very aware of the legal system and how it works. What they don't have to prove is motive (if they have DNA evidence or other evidence that does, in fact, prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed her). Thank you for your input though, it does contain a helpful reminder that it isn't worth thinking about the trial until the trial.

I haven't had time to see the interview yet, but could it be a way of encouraging others to come forward without coming out and saying it? Like an "I thought he was innocent but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong now that I know what I know"? Maybe it will encourage others who saw something suspicious that it is ok to change your mind, and come forward if they have any information. Just a thought.
I hadn't considered that. Excellent point. Thanks!

Interesting how WH inserted himself as the one who was holding him when he died. It clearly says it was the coach.
I swear, this makes me wonder if they were even friends. And what 13-year-olds discuss naming their kids after each other?
RIP Timothy.

Originally Posted by PennyM:
"Hi everyone! I've been following since the first thread - in full lurk mode. There are so many excellent sleuthers, researchers and communicators here I rarely have anything to add or contribute as well as you all do. But I did find a a link to the boy Timothy's death and not sure if I can post it here, but if you google the boy's name plus death plus the name of the high school the H's attended, it will show up."

http://articles.dailypress.com/1992-...unds-preaching

Looks like WH mentioned the date of Timothy's death as 5/27/1993, but based on the article it was actually 1992.

Those threes again.

This is my first post on this thread, I've held off as pretty much every time I think of something I realize you guys have already had it covered! So kudos to all of you for all your hard work.
My initial response to WH reminds me of a criminal profile John Douglas did years ago. I can't find the link for it but basically it explained a "hero" type mentality of the offender where the suspect would want to be the person that found the victim. By doing so he would be raising his importance and thus send more sympathy his way. Not sure if this is the case with WH but given his "finding" of the jacket and his brother being at the location when the card was found I can't help but wonder if he was still walking free if he wouldn't have "found" AJ. (Hope that makes sense)

I tried to keep an open mind, look at other options. I can't get behind a stranger abduction because it just simply doesn't make sense. A stranger is not going to break into multiple houses and plant clothes, coats and debit cards, dumping a body in one direction and clothes in another I can see a stranger doing, breaking into someone's house and planting a coat and the debit card, not so much.
So I thought, OK, MAYBE WH didn't do it and just helped someone cover their tracks...then I got to thinking, if someone can help a person get away with murdering their own child, that
is as bad as murdering their own child, and I'm back to square one...(not that I see AJ as his child).

Instead of just shooting down the theory of WH committing the crime, why not come up with an alternative theory that fits in with WH's 20 minutes at around 2pm and the white car theory?
That's what we do here, we come up with theories, I'm not just here to twiddle my thumbs and give benefit of the doubt to prior criminals. I have no dog in this race, I don't know ANY of these people
in my life, I am not even in the US! I just listen carefully to all the info I received and come up with a theory that fits best.

In other words, don't tell me that WH past doesn't mean anything, don't tell me to give benefit of the doubt, give an alternative theory that makes sense. Names don't have to be mentioned, just some feasible alternative scenario that we can ponder.

Good Afternoon all. I am a long time lurker and this will be my second post in 24 hours (finally coming out of my shell). Let me preface by telling you all how nice it is to be a part of websleuths and see so many caring and supportive people, you all are very intelligent and detail oriented and I didn't feel I had much to offer until now.
I do not believe WH acted alone, and the dysfunctional dynamics of (not specifying on purpose) are not lost on LE. I think the noose is tightening quickly and justice will be served soon. God doesn't like ugly and this ugly can't continue much longer.

I couldn't agree more that his sister losing faith is huge; however, what I don't understand is why she chose to tell the media. Tell LE, absolutely! But, telling the media that you no longer have faith in your brother's innocence....I don't understand the purpose. She just likes the attention? She's trying to make herself look good to the public (and really, why worry about this)? Why give this interview?

I think she has been losing the faith for awhile, but it's hard to admit, to yourself or to the public, that your own brother could be responsible for something this horrendous.
One 3/24, she said, when asked if she thought he had anything to do with AJ's disappearance: 'I want to believe he hasn't.' This leads me to believe that she was open to the idea that he did, just wasn't there yet.

http://wtkr.com/2015/03/23/father-of-missing-norfolk-teen-arrested/

I can't imagine the feeling of betrayal I would have, having stood up for my brother, having put myself out there publicly on his behalf, only to be confronted with more evidence (regardless of what that is) that would further errode dwindling faith in his innocence.

My guess is that she was just hopping mad, faith was lost, and she wanted HIM to know that she had no problem letting it be known to whoever wanted to hear it.

I know it's been posted a bunch of times already but I think it's REALLY telling what sister had to say...

BBM http://wtkr.com/2015/04/09/wesley-h...cence-in-ajs-disappearance-i-had-blinders-on/

Exactly the same thing going on with this social media alert thing and setting up YET ANOTHER account for the public to pour money into. And both (Wes' plea for money to support him and this social media alert thing) were going on before AJ had even been found yet.

In his last interview with whatserface he slips in a very interesting way, your post reminded me of this:

'You'll see, you'll see in the future here. People are posting about me, and I don't do that to take away from my daughter, AJ, I do that because I need faith. I need my friends to come together and to remind ME that I'm this guy that did all this stuff for people and um, that they still got my back'.

Why would a man who is guilty of no more than loving AJ, and doing all he could to find her, need to be reminded of such a thing? And why would he need external confirmation of that? This is coming from a guy who has also said that he knows who he is.

Hrm.

I'm always late to the party, but I have a vocabulary that would make a sailor blush and those song lyrics are about the most vulgar thing I've ever heard.

I'm always late to the party, but I have a vocabulary that would make a sailor blush and those song lyrics are about the most vulgar thing I've ever heard.

I hated even linking them here, but I really think it's the motive. I think he was reliving the act listening to this song.
ETA
The song is also about a threesome, which also fits into my theory.

Finally caught up! My thoughts on a few of the bigger issues brought up in the last 24 hrs:

The BFF(he is her brother as in her closest platonic entity and not her boyfriend - he and AJ have known each other since about 6th grade and were very, very close) was cleared by LE from what we can surmise based on LE statements, the fact he isn't arrested, and his behavior etc (he could still be a POI!). I think he may be referring to the last time he may have heard from AJ, which was after an alleged fight between AJ and her mother around 4:30AM Mar 2, after which AJ left and took a walk. I am positive if anyone has admitted to seeing her after 7am Mar 2, it would be in the report or we would have found out by now. But don't take my word for it! Sometimes the genius psychopath is the least suspicious guy.

Waiting period on MP reports, an officer has to respond to your call and take the report no matter what. Any wait comes into play regarding NCIC and NCICS. Here is the 2014 Virginia MP report with more info and commentary on how there is no state-specific code covering the 21-60 range http://vscc.virginia.gov/Missing Persons_FINAL.pdf

Time limit on LE questioning (zapped)
15 hours is well within their rights AFAIK. WH went there voluntarily according to him, so he probably sat there trying to BS for a few hours before realizing he could leave, and then they arrested him and charged him with his felonies. They had several more hours to keep going before a lawyer probably showed up, and it doesn't sound like she has kept him quiet before the body.
http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2012/07/how-long-can-you-be-held-without-charges.html

SMMPAS, or whatever the acronym, is a naive attempt at doing something, anything, that could prevent this from happening to someone else. It is born of self-blame and misdirected disdain for LE. I say leave them to it - it is a valiant idea anyway - and let them discover their own shortsightedness naturally. At some point in their campaign, they will get the opportunity to talk to someone who has enough background and knowledge to explain the current missing persons laws, and how NAMUS, NCIC and the existing alert systems work. I am only disappointed that it is clear they have not read through the materials NCMEC has on their website explaining such things in detail.

AJ's adoption status is totally irrelevant to the case. I understand why it is important to some people, though. CH is also not even worth getting upset over. Let's just focus on examining the timeline and evidence with as much Vulcan tenacity as we can and throw that rage and dignity and disbelief into the forge of action.

I am at least 20 pages behind but felt this needed a response.

I can talk about it, in the context of WH being the guy, as the previous discussion was in speculation. I was not the first person to bring up the alford plea, and please re-read my last sentence. I do not actually like to speculate prior to the ME report coming out and an arrest being made, but this was a response to someone else who was going in this direction.

Also don't let the fact that LE hasn't named a suspect in the media give you the impression they don't suspect WH. We actually have plenty indication short of that public announcement that they suspect him IMO. That does not mean he did it. No one knows if he did it yet (or maybe we do? I'll read the next 20 pages and find out!)

I don't think they will name a suspect publicly at all, this case is too sensitive. There are a couple others who could be involved, but sadly there is no evidence to support even beginning the sleuth them. JH, CF, DH and AJ's boyfriend and BFF were all cleared, so I have to assume they have reliable alibis and offered a reliable denial in interviews.I am very aware of the legal system and how it works. What they don't have to prove is motive (if they have DNA evidence or other evidence that does, in fact, prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed her). Thank you for your input though, it does contain a helpful reminder that it isn't worth thinking about the trial until the trial.

Is there a link or source somewhere stating what I have bolded above that I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand