VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't been this obsessed with a case in years. AJ was such a beautiful girl, so full of life that should have never been cut short. I am so angry that this was allowed to happen to her. Imagine, the risky behavior she indulged in was going home to her mother's house for Spring Break. It makes me all the more determined to see that justice is served.

Yeah, and on the news, the pa$tor made it sound like they had to wait 24 hours to report AJ missing, when in reality, they waited 36 hours. You know, because their google was broken and they "didn't know what to do."

On the website he's saying that 24 hours could have saved her life. They didn't even report her missing until?

I'm confused? Is this for a missing adult alert? Like an Amber Alert?

But for adults??????

Do they even realize how many false alarms they are going to have? Theres a reason why LE has things set up the way that they do.

And to be honest with you, I dont think an alert system like this would have saved A.J.

Being a newbie sleuther (longer lurker) I am not as confident in providing helpful contributions however I am going to go out on a limb with this one since it’s been bugging me for a while. Like others, I am hung up on WH's motive should he be the one directly responsible for AJ's death. I want to address the "sexual homicide" theory and why the evidence of such theory presented here, is crossed off my list. I was sexually abused for years by a step family member (not a father, but somewhat very close) beginning at the age of 12 and stopped right about the same age as AJ. There was so much secrecy and shamefulness surrounding my situation that this family member and I would go to great lengths to not draw any attention to ourselves. In other words, there would not be any pictures or displays of affection towards each other, especially around friends and family. I was told I needed to keep quiet, and because of the family dynamics, amongst other things, I tried very hard to steer clear of any action that could be construed to be that of affectionate behavior between us. Now I know that there have been several examples used as evidentiary of a sexual motive behind WH's actions, including pictures and a quite upsetting picture posted here. However, based on strictly my experience (and experiences shared with me by others similar to mine, along my journey) I cannot buy into the theory of an inappropriate sexual relationship, with the amount of blatantly affectionate pictures between WH & AJ. They are posing at sporting events dressed alike, and hugging each other on several occasions in several photos, posted in public forums on SM. It may seem that all this should indicate an inappropriate sexual relationship between step father and daughter, but again in my experience and others similar to mine, more often you will find little indication or evidence of such wrong doing, especially within the family abuse arena. I previously stated this tonight, I believe WH is Narcissistic, he is driven by outward appearances, and this includes the appearance of a happy, hardworking family, and picture perfect father/daughter relationship. I should say that I do believe WH’s behavior towards AJ was inappropriate in several ways, but I am not convinced it was sexual or acted out in a sexual manner. Ok that’s all I got, I am actually a little nervous to post this given the fact I have never addressed my personal situation publically. This is all of course my opinion and my opinion only.

lol! Everyone's a comedian here on the night shift!

The people who are pushing this alert system while her siblings are hurt and confused really need to realize that their timing under these circumstances are not appreciated. They only knew AJ for 5 years and they have no right to try and validate that this case shows the need for their system.

Who are these people. Folks are crying for AJ that didn't even know her. While they are trying to strategize marketing plans before AJ is even buried.

Btw: The system wouldn't have helped AJ because of the fake text that was sent at 5am via Wes and/or accomplice. Jmo.

Being a newbie sleuther (longer lurker) I am not as confident in providing helpful contributions however I am going to go out on a limb with this one since it’s been bugging me for a while. Like others, I am hung up on WH's motive should he be the one directly responsible for AJ's death. I want to address the "sexual homicide" theory and why the evidence of such theory presented here, is crossed off my list. I was sexually abused for years by a step family member (not a father, but somewhat very close) beginning at the age of 12 and stopped right about the same age as AJ. There was so much secrecy and shamefulness surrounding my situation that this family member and I would go to great lengths to not draw any attention to ourselves. In other words, there would not be any pictures or displays of affection towards each other, especially around friends and family. I was told I needed to keep quiet, and because of the family dynamics, amongst other things, I tried very hard to steer clear of any action that could be construed to be that of affectionate behavior between us. Now I know that there have been several examples used as evidentiary of a sexual motive behind WH's actions, including pictures and a quite upsetting picture posted here. However, based on strictly my experience (and experiences shared with me by others similar to mine, along my journey) I cannot buy into the theory of an inappropriate sexual relationship, with the amount of blatantly affectionate pictures between WH & AJ. They are posing at sporting events dressed alike, and hugging each other on several occasions in several photos, posted in public forums on SM. It may seem that all this should indicate an inappropriate sexual relationship between step father and daughter, but again in my experience and others similar to mine, more often you will find little indication or evidence of such wrong doing, especially within the family abuse arena. I previously stated this tonight, I believe WH is Narcissistic, he is driven by outward appearances, and this includes the appearance of a happy, hardworking family, and picture perfect father/daughter relationship. I should say that I do believe WH’s behavior towards AJ was inappropriate in several ways, but I am not convinced it was sexual or acted out in a sexual manner. Ok that’s all I got, I am actually a little nervous to post this given the fact I have never addressed my personal situation publically. This is all of course my opinion and my opinion only.

Thank you for sharing. You are amongst friends here. No worries. We are glad you made it through. Some are not that lucky.

I am truly sorry you went through such a horrible experience, JDauxa. Thank you for your courage in sharing that with us-I know that can't be easy. I was at a loss for motive and never thought of this as a sexual crime, until out of curiosity, I googled the words to a song that WH was listening to on Pandora the night before his arrest. (I have the new, fast paced google.) It's called "Let's Get It Crackin'" by Deuce. I was shocked at the lyrics-it's one of the sickest songs I've ever heard of. Now, keep in mind, that night he listened to this, WH "found" (planted) a few items of AJ's-one being a bra. Here's a line from the song: Oops, look what I found, a nice little wonder bra
The girl in this song is 18, and the singer fantasizes that she wants to rape him. Another line in the song, "#$%#*& your mom just for fun." That song was the turning point for me. Here are the lyrics, but warning, it is very XXXXX and graphic!
https://play.google.com/music/previ...rch&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

I googled the words to a song that WH was listening to on Pandora the night before his arrest. (I have the new, fast paced google.) It's called "Let's Get It Crackin'" by Deuce. I was shocked at the lyrics-it's one of the sickest songs I've ever heard of. Now, keep in mind, that night he listened to this, WH "found" (planted) a few items of AJ's-one being a bra. Here's a line from the song: Oops, look what I found, a nice little wonder bra
The girl in this song is 18, and the singer fantasizes that she wants to rape him. Another line in the song, "#$%#*& your mom just for fun." That song was the turning point for me. Here are the lyrics, but warning, it is very XXXXX and graphic!
https://play.google.com/music/previ...rch&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

Whoa. Good catch. Wtf.

Let's not forget:

I was at work- But my boss reamed me out for taking a extra long break

LE found her jacket at some guys house-But that was after I broke in

Yes they did find my amo - But the gun will never be found

Nancy we last seen her that morning - But I did meet up with her at noon to give her money

She never ask me for money- But I didnt ask her what she needed the money for

Oh we barely speak - But we did stare at each other for a half hour

I took her the truck - But i left the key in the mailbox*

I didnt see her too much on her break- But i think she was trying to get her bf a gopro

I dont know the clothing she had on - But these clothes that were found was hers

I dont understand why LE thinks I'm lying - But I did lie to several major people and news media

Her pc of credit card was found when i was at work - But my brother was on the scene to take pics before LE

The police aren't saying anything - But they accused me for 15 hours

And NO BOND. Anyone know if I'm over thinking the no bond thing? Is it normal for someone with WHs charges to be held without bond? I thought even some people charged with murder got bond even if it was very high. Maybe it's down to his past record but it seems a bit off if he is in fact merely a grieving father.

It's 4 in the afternoon here in japan ! So I wake up and try to catch up with what happened while I was asleep lol I'm from va and glad other people are awake thinking about this while it's my daytime !!!
Hi, neighbor! That makes two of us here ....

If there are people here who are close to Zach--I mean in a way that they can actually be in direct contact with him--they might want to prepare him for what's out there on a blog that's outside our TOS.
As Spam says, it IS all about hits. She is looking to make a buck off of AJ like the rest of them. That blogster knows that she can easily grab the large WS audience on these AJ threads. I fell for it. I just gave her another click. I am not, however, going to comment. AND, she wants a flame war. We should NOT fall for it. It sucks for Zach, who is already struggling, but he is just going to have to let it go or take it up with his attorney. He has already explained his earlier postings about AJ, so he shouldn't feel like he has to defend himself, especially to US. And you know about "glass houses" ... Frankly, some of us have posted equally "offensive" thoughts about other potential POIs here on WS, and I am sure that includes me. We just don't try to make money off of it.

A kind WSer recently asked me for my thoughts on this case. I am new and inexperienced (except for lurking through all of Hannah Graham's threads and closely participating in all of AJ's threads). There is one thing I know for sure, and that is that you never really know someone. Oh, you think you do. You think you know your brother, your mother, your spouse. You think you know your friends. But there is a tiny (or in some cases huge) piece of them that you don't know - and that piece can be good or great or deviant or wicked.

I don't know any of the poor souls in this all too real drama. My best guess version of the story is much more cut and dry, more simple than many of yours. But I don't know any of these people, and I certainly don't know their tiny (or huge) unknowns. Since that is my truth, I guess I can't take any of the players off the table. Any. Including all the possible POIs we haven't even heard of yet.

I wish I hadn't clicked. I wish I just stayed here, where I do believe WSers really care about these people, and where much bigger brains (AND better writers) prevail. MOO and all that ....

I am truly sorry you went through such a horrible experience, JDauxa. Thank you for your courage in sharing that with us-I know that can't be easy. I was at a loss for motive and never thought of this as a sexual crime, until out of curiosity, I googled the words to a song that WH was listening to on Pandora the night before his arrest. (I have the new, fast paced google.) It's called "Let's Get It Crackin'" by Deuce. I was shocked at the lyrics-it's one of the sickest songs I've ever heard of. Now, keep in mind, that night he listened to this, WH "found" (planted) a few items of AJ's-one being a bra. Here's a line from the song: Oops, look what I found, a nice little wonder bra
Lovely. He's a class act, that one.

Thanks for explaining! Man that blows my mind!! It just seems to me that a judge should be required to look into the background of anyone wanting to adopt, even a stepparent. And maybe even especially a stepparent .. I say that because we all know how "blinded by love" these women can be and allow sometimes a total predator around their children. Someone has to protect these kids!! Ugh sorry .. Just so frustrating.

I am behind on the forums as my family is dealing with the tragic death of local boxer who is like family to us. I apologize if this has already been posted.

I do not see any relevance to the adoption, myself, but Virginia has specific laws and procedures for adopting a minor. If you are interested in reading them here is the link: https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC63020000012000000000000

And NO BOND. Anyone know if I'm over thinking the no bond thing? Is it normal for someone with WHs charges to be held without bond? I thought even some people charged with murder got bond even if it was very high. Maybe it's down to his past record but it seems a bit off if he is in fact merely a grieving father.

No bond because he is a flight risk!
JMO
I do not think its what he did in the past but what he did to hinder this case.
Id bet my last dollar they have more on him!
All JMO

Just wanted to add
im sure him being a convicted felon has something to do with that.
Now I don't know if he is still on parole but if he is he cant get into trouble. Plain and simple.
He should have let LE do its job.

50k??? What????? They would have so many missing person reports they wouldn't know what to do. Is that how much they raised 50k?

The pleasegivemecash fund that the man calling himself a pastor created (and is co-signed on the description page by JH and KH) has raised exactly $0 dollars in donations in the 11 days it's been active.

First it's described as funds being used to create FB ad campaigns, or other media avenues, and for supporting local search and rescue efforts. Now it's being described as a "bill" as per this article http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...persons-social-media-initiative/25787035/#_=_

All I see? Is an emotional hook being used to rake in some cash.

When people go missing, there are 101 ways social media is already being used (free of charge, I might add) to get the word out not just locally but nationally as well. Local print shops almost *always* come on board and print flyers and banners free of charge. Search and Rescue organizations come on board and local friends, family, churches and businesses will often donate bottles of water, food, and whatever else for those searchers. It's pretty rare to have someone go missing and everyone in the community go "wow, sucks to be you" and turn the other way. Quite the contrary in fact.

So maybe I'm just missing something with this whole deal but for the life of me I can't figure out why this man who calls himself a pastor on twitter needs 50 grand, to re-invent the wheel. But I do find it interesting that NO ONE has donated to this "cause".

That family really does my head in!
Sorry I have to say this - AJ has not even had a funeral yet and they are organising websites/fundraising?
We here at WS are yelling for justice - are they? :confused:

In the video just posted about the alert system, my heart dropped when I heard the reporter say they are waiting on cause of death and "IF" this is a murder...
The thought of injustice for this girl scares the hell out of me.

They have to say " IF " There is a murder because the COD is not in yet!

That family really does my head in!
Sorry I have to say this - AJ has not even had a funeral yet and they are organising websites/fundraising?
We here at WS are yelling for justice - are they? :confused:

Financial institutions have an important role to play as individuals and groups seek to provide aid to victims of tragedy or illness and establish deposit accounts to hold contributions. Keep in mind, however, that in considering requests to establish such accounts, appropriate precautions must be undertaken in two regards:
-- the financial institution must avoid becoming the unwitting accomplice of a con artist who wants to set up a bogus fundraising account

http://www.bankersonline.com/operations/donations.html

O
Zach,
What is happening with the girls right now may look and feel the same. But this time, circumstances are different. You have rights to the girls you did not have with AJ. You have the wisdom of experience to guide your decisions moving forward. This does not have to play out the same. Keep trying to maintain contact and be that stable support. You know how best to get through to them. They may feel that their mom NEEDS them right now. She may have put that pressure on them.

Let them know you are there for them whatever they need. It is a situation that needs to be navigated very gently and carefully, but I am sure you can do it. I will lift this specifically up to the Lord to grant you wisdom and clarity to make the best decisions for all of your sake. We all want to support you in whatever way we can. Do not be discouraged. Show them your love by giving them the power to make a choice this week and supporting them through it. If they remain with their mom (again, who is likely pressuring them or they may be afraid of what she would do without them) contact them every day to let them know you love and miss them and continue to support them. If they have not come around, there is time to enforce your rights.

Zach, I couldn't agree more with these fine words. This time IS very different from last time, in so many ways. I am sorry for your pain and heartache.

I am 10 pages behind in this thread. I started following this case from thread 1 and read every single post right up to the time AJ's remains were found. Then we got flooded with posters, and now I can't follow at all. I'm not a mod, and I'm not telling anyone how or what to post, but when there are 10 pages of posts about what AJ's legal name is...or pages of discussion about a blogger...etc. etc., it makes me want to pull my hair out. It takes time to scroll and roll too, folks.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member